AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
25.08.08 09:59:21
Hi everyone,

I figured out quite a lot of problems but one after the other.

first of all: TV Box freezes after a while esp.after switching channels.
I can't restart it again (it stops loading after 96%). What I found out is that I delete the favourites- and settings.XML files and can restart it then. To be honest: this is not very convenient to do it several times a day...;-)

Any ideas?

--
cu
Gerd
25.08.08 10:02:51
Gerd_Ewald:
first of all: TV Box freezes after a while esp.after switching channels.
I can't restart it again (it stops loading after 96%). What I found out is that I delete the favourites- and settings.XML files and can restart it then. To be honest: this is not very convenient to do it several times a day...;-)

I forgot to say that I use the newest version of TVBox under Vista SP1

--
bfn
Gerd
25.08.08 10:08:33
Hi again,

next question:

Since I installed TVBox on my Vista SP 1 System, my Windows comes up with the following information:
Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

There are two hotfixes which are offered at MS Knowledge Base (KB936229 and KB938928) but both Updates are not accepted with my system (because obviously the hotfixes are already installed with SP1).

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Any ideas? Is there a solution AVS provides?

TIA
Gerd
25.08.08 10:12:30
Hi everyone,

and now the third problem which I already send via support form because I didn't see the forum :-!

The timeshift button is shown but not available: I can't use this function. Probably I do something wrong.
TVBox newest version under Vista SP1

TIA
Gerd
Dam
Administrator
26.08.08 03:29:27
To: Gerd_Ewald

Hello Gerd,

Gerd_Ewald:
first of all: TV Box freezes

Please precise the exact model of the device you are using with the software. The fact is, that the majority of the problems of the type, occurs due to the old or incorrect versions of the drivers you use for the device. So, please make sure you use the latest codec's version.

Gerd_Ewald:
The timeshift button is shown but not available: I can't use this function.

We planned to realise that function, but at the last moment we decided to implement it in the new version of the AVS TV Box. So, as you noticed, the button is shown, but that is not available.

Gerd_Ewald:
Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

You can always turn it on again. That does not influence the AVS TV Box proper functionning. We tested AVS TV Box under the Vista SP1 and did not receive such message.

So, to solve the issue, please:
- make sure you use the latest and correctly installed drivers
- send us the exact model of the capture device you use.

Hope to hear from you soon.
26.08.08 06:25:48
Hi Dam,
first of all thanks for the reply. You asked me for some further information:

a)Freezing program: The device I use is shown as 713x BDA DVBT Tuner. I have no idea what it is called, it was pre-installed. I am not sure but what I found out in the device manager was a device called Creatix SAA7131, Hybrid Capture Device. I have no idea where to find the codecs and where to save them to, just in case you expected this ;-)

b)Time Shift: Thanks: this is an sufficient explanation ;-)

c)Closed receiver service: No, I can't start it again or better said: it can be started just to realize it is shut down again, due to the Data Execution Prevention, DEP policy. There are some more people looking for help in German forums with exactly the same problems with Media Center and AVSTV Box. And as far as they and I found out it seems to be no problem of codecs. But this is only as far as I see ;-) MS offered some help (see the links to the knowledge base articles) but this does not help on my system as these hotfixes are already included in SP1. Probably it is a problem of codecs, so I hope to find the newest ones (but see under a))

I already thought of repairing the system using a restore point without knowing whether this is a good help....

To be honest: I'm a bit desperate because everything was fine until I installed AVS. :-/

Hope to get some help (as I like the AVS products and would like to use them) TIA :-)

Gerd
24.01.09 10:08:07
To: Gerd_Ewald

Hi i have excatly the same problem, the service will not stay on so the tuner wont work, i have a wintv 900 usb which works fine in media center and with its own software.

Concerning the codecs i am not sure, but i have media center reciver working without avs tv box installed, but it is not just the avs tv box, i have at present got these avs programs on my system
video con 6
video editor 4
dvd authoring
dv to dvd
dvd copy

audio con
disc creator
video remaker
cover editor

and all is well at the moment, i have tried adding audio editor, ringtone maker music mix and cd grabber and audio recorder
and the same problem pops up so at the moment it lies with possibly two programs,

i also have a unrealted error when i convert avi to dvd the software runs fine but the output file is only in one vob of around 142mb and not over 4 or 5 so the conversion is corrupted.

This problem is also fixed at the moment with the software i have installed .

So i will try 2 track down which program is causing bot these problems and let u know

p.s i am on vista with all sp patches etc and the hot fixes dont work as stated
Administrator
16.02.09 01:55:27
We must admit that there really are some drawbacks concerning AVS TV Box functionality, as the program has not been updated for quite a long period of time. However, we are planning to release the newest version at the turn of the month and would recommend you to wait for the update. The program will undergo major improvements and we hope that most of the problems will be resolved.

crickard33:
i also have a unrealted error when i convert avi to dvd the software runs fine but the output file is only in one vob of around 142mb and not over 4 or 5 so the conversion is corrupted.

This issue is being discussed within another topic. Here is the link.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  113