AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
28.09.09 13:18:10
I am capturing video using a Roxio Video Capture USB and it works great with your program. It looks like a USB 2861 Device.

The Roxio software was... well let just say it was not very good... and I quickly removed it from my system...:-D

1. I there a way to save the settings??? I get tired of making sure I have the video set correctly and the audio, each time I capture.

2. How can I change the "Recommend format" for my location in the US? or for Me? My video needs to be 640 x 480.

3. Why is the CPU always at zero?

The program is working and does capture... I like the options to split files, both by time and size. I like the option to shut down the system too.*SUPER*

Clay
Attached files:
Administrator
29.09.09 03:22:10
Clay:
1. I there a way to save the settings??? I get tired of making sure I have the video set correctly and the audio, each time I capture.
For the moment there is not. The appropriate option will be implemented in the next version of the program.

Clay:
How can I change the "Recommend format" for my location in the US? or for Me? My video needs to be 640 x 480.
This question has already been discussed in the following thread. Please note the comments posted there.

Clay:
3. Why is the CPU always at zero?
We have just checked that in Task Manager - during capturing CPU usage is never at zero, it is higher. Most likely, the CPU is shown at zero in the program because the model of your processor does not allow to calculate CPU using standard means. Please could you specify the exact model of your processor and motherboard, as well as your OS version.

Best regards
29.09.09 09:31:53
Screen print of my system Dell XPS720 Running Vista.. I run a "Standard" system...I run the Desktop Gadget "All CPU Meter" V1.2 and it shows the CPU usage for both processors...

Best regards
Attached files:
80.72 KB
Administrator
22.10.09 02:01:59
To: Clay

This happens on Vista when you use AVS Video Recorder being logged in to your computer without administrative permissions. In this case system blocks receiving information about CPU utilization percentage. So try launching the program as administrator.

Best regards
22.10.09 03:41:58
nadin:

This happens on Vista when you use AVS Video Recorder being logged in to your computer without administrative permissions. In this case system blocks receiving information about CPU utilization percentage. So try launching the program as administrator.

Best regards

Attached are some screen captures, I am running this as the "admin" for Vista... You will notice on the right of the screen capture there is CPU Usage reported with the Gadget but it is zero for Video Recorder... Why???

BTW.... I did a "Run as administrator" for "CPU as Admin" screen shot... and I signed on to the Administrator account for the "Signed on as Admin" screen shot, both had zero...:-(

Clay*SOS*
Attached files:
Administrator
30.10.09 02:05:54

We have done some more testing on various systems, both XP and Vista versions and the problem was not reproduced, so our developers are really puzzled. In case there are any news I'll report.

All the best
30.10.09 02:11:12
nadin:

We have done some more testing on various systems, both XP and Vista versions and the problem was not reproduced, so our developers are really puzzled. In case there are any news I'll report.

All the best

I will be moving to Windows 7 shortly... 64 bit will that be any problem with your software??? Will this help???

Tks...

Clay
Administrator
02.11.09 03:33:27

Most of our programs do support Windows 7. AVS Video Recorder must work on this OS, but bear in mind that the appropriate device drivers supporting Windows 7 should be installed on your PC. However, we are not sure whether the problem will be solved as soon as you install the new OS, as we have not managed to reproduce it.

Regards
06.12.09 16:31:09
To: nadin

BTW: I have moved to Windows 7 from Vista with no hardware changes just the system changed and it does show the CPU usage...:-)

Hope this helps...*SUPER*

Clay
07.12.09 05:18:02
Clay:
To: nadin

BTW: I have moved to Windows 7 from Vista with no hardware changes just the system changed and it does show the CPU usage...:-)

Hope this helps...*SUPER*

Clay

Hello Clay,

Does it mean that you don't have this issue anymore or you still face it using our software on Vista?

Best regards.
14.12.09 15:11:42
could somebody please tell me if video recorder will record audio along with video? I have recorded a video but audio not recorded with it..Checked my audio device and everything ok...
15.12.09 03:33:07
To: riggsbyM99@msn.com

Hello,

Please give more details about the problem:

- do you capture video from camera or VCR?

- please specify the model of your camera or capture card;

- please descibe how you connect sound from it to computer;

- do you hear sound while watching preview in AVS Video Recorder?

Best regards.
15.12.09 05:09:45
System is windows Vista Home Premium..taking video from Hi 8 tape in a Cannon ES8400 camcorder..Sending A/V to computer via S-video terminal on rear of camera..capture card is pinacle.Yes there is sound from the camera play back,,but only sound like water slhoshing back and forth coming from cpu soeakers
15.12.09 05:44:19

>capture card is pinacle
Thanks. What is the exact model of your Pinnacle capture card?

>Yes there is sound from the camera play back, but only sound like water slhoshing back and forth coming from cpu soeakers

Sorry, but It is not clear. There is a preview screen in AVS Video Recorder which shows video while it plays and captures. Is there normal sound on preview (it plays via computer speakers)? Does "water slhoshing back" sound problem exist only in recordered file?
16.12.09 08:58:45
To: Vlad
The number on my pinnacle card is 0427...Lost box and instalation cd`s so don`t know where i am on that..The water sound only comes from AVS recorder..PC speakers work fine on all other programs..also I backed up and coppied a couple of my movies and they work great..
16.12.09 09:02:34
The audio from the preview screen does not come through from the cannon ES8400 camcorder,but does on everything else...
17.12.09 08:35:55

Please send us log files. For it you should run C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat, it will launch AVS Video Recorder with log files creation. Record short 10-15 sec video with the program and close it. After you close the program, the folder with log files will automatically appear. Please attach log files and recordered video file to your message.

Also, please open Settings tab in AVS Video Recorder and make a screenshot of it so we could see what Audio Devices and Audio Input avaliable for recording.

To make a screenshot, please,

- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard

- open a graphics editing program (e.g. Microsoft Paint, select Start\Run..., enter 'mspaint' and press OK to start it)

- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard

- save the image in PNG format

- attach the image file to your message
Administrator
11.02.10 05:30:53
To: tboyer1@fuse.net

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  207