AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.11.09 23:42:16
Hello,
I purchased and registered the AVS video converter yesterday. I need to convert a DVD I have. The original DVD that I am trying to convert does not play in a DVD player, nor will it play in my PC with any of the media players. However, the DVD plays just fine in a Mac computer.

After viewing the full AVS demo version of the video, I decided to purchase the AVS video converter. However, I don't know which file to select as the input file for the converter. Following are the files and sizes in the VIDEO folder of the original dvd I am trying to convert. Which one(s) do I select as the input file in the converter?

VIDEO_TS.BUP 14 KB
VTS_01.0.BUP 36 KB
VIDEO_TS.IFO 14KB
VTS_01_0.IFO 36 KB

(the following are listed under VOB file but the extension doesn't show)
VIDEO_TS 154 KB
VTS_01_0 53,040 KB
VTS_01_1 1,048,404 KB
VTS_01_2 179,586 KB

I don't remember having to select anything to create the demo version - to be honest, I don't remember what I did to get the demo version.

When I tried to convert the dvd after purchasing the video converter, I tried the VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,404 kb file as the input file. I figured since it was the largest, it was probably the movie.

Converting that file seemed to go OK. I was able to play it in my pc (with no red words "Demo version" across the screen) and I was able to play a burned converted version in my DVD player attached to my television. BUT the last 5 minutes or so of the video (the video is about 21 minutes total) are just gone. Also, the video doesn't stop at all, it just loops through to the beginning spontaneously and won't stop until I take it out.

I don't understand why this is happening - especially since the demo version seemed to spontaneously and perfectlly convert the video. I thought that maybe I should have selected a different file.

So - please help. How do I convert the file so that I get the whole movie.

Thanks,
Samudy
Administrator
23.11.09 01:37:15
samudy:
Which one(s) do I select as the input file in the converter?

VIDEO_TS.BUP 14 KB
VTS_01.0.BUP 36 KB
VIDEO_TS.IFO 14KB
VTS_01_0.IFO 36 KB

Please select VIDEO_TS.IFO as an input file. This file contains the complete information about the DVD movie structure. Please follow to Edit window and preiew your movie prior to conversion. If the last episode still fails, you need to add the second title for conversion as well. Please note the following thread to find the instruction.

samudy:
Also, the video doesn't stop at all, it just loops through to the beginning spontaneously and won't stop until I take it out.
This question has been discussed here.

Regards
tm
17.04.10 22:41:12
Does video converter support bup? I can't get it to work....advice please?
19.04.10 05:54:48
To: tm

Hello,

If you mean BUP file from DVD movie, you should open VIDEO_TS.IFO file to convert it.. Please read the post above from Nadin for the details.

Regards.
21.02.11 06:17:51
I just purchased Video Converter. I used it to convert an AVI file to DVD video format. The converted file was large enough to require two dual layer discs (over 10 GB). I burned the first disc using Nero Burning ROM, and it played beautifully on my DVD player. (I made a second copy for a friend; also played fine). I then burned the second disc on the same burner in the same manner. I had the software verify the results after burning; it said it was successful. The resulting DVD will NOT load on any of the three players on which I've tried it (altho the first disc did); it just spins and spins and keeps reading "loading" endlessly. However, I was able to play the disc on my computer without any problem. I burned a second copy of the second disc with the exact same results. Any ideas?

The reason I used Nero Burning ROM to burn the DVDs: I could not find a way to burn from AVS Video Converter unless I burned immediately after the video conversion. In other words, I wanted to convert, put it aside for a while, and then come back and burn later. Is there any way to pick up the converted files for burning later using AVS Video converter?

Two other questions that have occurred to me: 1) I thought that when AVS Video converter split the DVD into two discs, it would respect chapters. But no, it split a chapter between the discs. Is there any way to control the division point between the discs? 2) Is there any way to use a screen snapshot as the thumbnail for a chapter rather than the first frame of the chapter?

Thanks!
22.02.11 06:05:44
To: joemd

Hello,

You can burn DVD again without re-converting it using AVS Video Burner. Click right mouse button on VIDEO_TS folder and choose Send To>AVS Video Burner. By the way if you select lower quality profile, for example DVD standard play or DVD long play for conversion it will reduce output file size and allow you to burn more video to one disc.

In Answer to your questions:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to control split point in AVS Video Converter and set own images as chapter tumbnails.

Best regards.
22.02.11 16:31:15
Thanks for the response. What about the main issue -- that the second disc would not play on any players, even though the first disc, made in same way on same burner with same brand blank discs, plays fine? To make it more confusing, the second discs burned on double layer DID play on the computer. I went back since I wrote this message and re-burned the second disc on regular (single layer) discs, and they play on the players. Can anyone give me some insight into what the problem was with the second disc on double layer?
24.02.11 05:42:00
To: joemd

>it just spins and spins and keeps reading "loading" endlessly

It could be that your discs have not been finalized correctly or blank discs are defected. We would recommend you to burn video once again using AVS software (AVS Video Burner as I described or AVS Disc Creator).
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  463