AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.10.09 08:36:10
I am trying to make a DVD+R . It will be made up of several movies – each one a compilation of short videos that I have put together into those movies using AVS Video Editor. None of this is BlueRay or HD or anything exotic ; I don’t want to view these movies or DVD on a phone, etc. -just on a PC or DVD player. I am trying to figure which one of AVS product would be best to achieve this. Video Editor is the only one I have any experience with. Please advise on my comments below.

1. I think if I create a DVD using Video Editor I would have to have all these movies saved to hard drive ready to finish the
DVD. And when I save the big final movie to DVD – VE4 will ‘finalize’ the DVD – so I only get to access the DVD once.
2. AVS DVD Authoring has lots of features and after looking at the forum I thought that would be good (does it have Multi-
session burning ??? ) after looking at the forum again maybe Disk Creator has more features ???
3. AVS Disk Creator has Multi-session burning and many others features.

Can you sum up the real power of each ? Which would be best for my goals ?
Administrator
07.10.09 23:31:39
To: Donbo

First note that in order to be played in most DVD players the DVD should be finalized.

When you create and burn DVD movies using AVS Video Editor or AVS DVD Authoring, or use Burn DVD Video option in AVS Disc Creator the burnt disc will be finalized automatically. Surely you can burn Data DVD in AVS Disc Creator and this way the disc will not be finalized, but we do not guarantee it will be played in your DVD player.

I think, the best idea to burn the movie you have created would be to launch the burning right after you save your movie to DVD in AVS Video Editor. Or you can build the DVD movie and later use Burn DVD option in AVS Disc Creator (add the whole VIDEO_TS folder into the program for burning).

Best regards
09.10.09 07:54:40
To: nadin

I know that to be viewable on other PC's or TV's the DVD must be "finalized".

But I would like to put several 12-15 minute movies on a DVD. Creating each of these in Vid Ed takes about 40 minutes to
"create" that final movie. If I took these ( let's say 5 ) movies - Can I use one of your programs to put them all on one DVD ?
I know I can do it with Vid. Ed. but that will probably take 200 minutes to "burn" ? [ that's probably how long it would take to create/save to my hard drive.]

Or would one of the other programs be better for this ?

Could I "copy" a single movie to a DVD and then another ( possibly at a different time) and then "finalize" it at some later date ? Is there more in the definition of "burn" than I understand ?

Can I burn one to DVD at one time and then burn another at a later date and finalize it when I'm ready ?

Thanks Don
Administrator
12.10.09 01:40:59
Donbo:
Could I "copy" a single movie to a DVD and then another ( possibly at a different time) and then "finalize" it at some later date ?
This way the movies will be stored on a disc in separate VIDEO_TS folders, thus have not mutual DVD structure. If you even finalize such disc, most likely, it will not be played in a DVD player. Therefore we'd still recommend saving and burning all the videos at once.

Best regards
16.10.09 10:00:30

OK, I understand that you recommend that I do put all my created videos into a massive movie ( probably using
Video Editor) and I just accept that it will take a lot of time at one session to first "save" that "project" and then
"burn/finalize" that onto a DVD. Do I have that right ?

So what is the feature of AVS Disk Creator called " Multi-session burning" ?

I have read over the various features of AVS Disk Creator and AVS DVD Authoring several time and still don't know if
they might be helpful to me. Can you sum up the real power of each ?

Thanks Don
Administrator
19.10.09 02:51:41
Donbo:
OK, I understand that you recommend that I do put all my created videos into a massive movie ( probably using Video Editor) and I just accept that it will take a lot of time at one session to first "save" that "project" and then "burn/finalize" that onto a DVD. Do I have that right ?
If you would like to use the resulting DVD for playback in a DVD player, then yes, this is our recommendation. Note that you can build the movie first and burn it to a disc some time later using AVS Disc Creator (choose Burn DVD option) or AVS Video Burner (here is the further instruction).

Donbo:
So what is the feature of AVS Disk Creator called " Multi-session burning" ?
It is available when you select Burn Data DVD option. This way you will be able to choose whether you would like to finalize the disc after the first burn or not.

Donbo:
I have read over the various features of AVS Disk Creator and AVS DVD Authoring several time and still don't know if they might be helpful to me. Can you sum up the real power of each ?
Basically, AVS Disc Creator is intended for burning, whereas AVS DVD Authoring is used when you would like to create a customized DVD menu for your disc: set menu pages, chapters, add background music, etc. If you compare this program functionality to the menu editing options available in AVS Video Editor, you can see that the authoring software offers advanced functions allowing you to create menus according to your wish.
If you have any further questions, you are most welcome! ;-)
19.10.09 07:22:50

thanks a lot - now I think I've got it !!! *YAHOO**YAHOO*
Online:
Users:  1  ViaManci
Guests:  194