AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.08.09 19:59:37
I bought the entire AVS video/audio set of software, mostly for the Video Converter, but have had no luck for the past 2 months every time I try to convert my DVDs (copied from my 8mm camcorder videotapes). There are several VOB files on each DVD, and though I follow the instructions diligently, after pressing "convert" I've only been able to get approx. the first 10 minutes of any given file; after that, the file just freezes yet continues to "work" for the full hour or whatever processing the rest of the file - which never shows. What gives?? I've tried changing the output formats and profiles, but get the same problem! I used the recommended .IFO files, and then the .VOB files, all with the same problem.

Can someone please advise on what I may be doing wrong here?
Administrator
10.08.09 01:07:41
To: dondep

Please try selecting VIDEO_TS.IFO as an input file. The whole DVD movie your disc contains must be converted this way.

Best regards
10.08.09 05:26:44
To: nadin

Apparently I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I initially used the VIDEO_TS.IFO method (excuse me for not typing out the whole phrase), but that was not successful. In fact, it only showed me two titles on 2 different DVDs; both of which had at least 3 separate VOB files of just under 1GB each. Perhaps I wasn't following the correct procedure, but I would use the .IFO input, only to find a short title under 3 minutes and the first large file of approx. 1 hour. I would then attempt to load the .IFO again, and no subsequent titles would show in the drop-down menu under "advanced".

I only attempted to use the VOB files separately after exhausting the .IFO method without success in either case.
Administrator
10.08.09 23:22:46
dondep:
Perhaps I wasn't following the correct procedure, but I would use the .IFO input, only to find a short title under 3 minutes and the first large file of approx. 1 hour.

Please load the .IFO file and select the largest title available. Then click on Edit and preview the video in the program. Is the whole video from the disc played? If yes, please convert the video. Is the whole video converted?

dondep:
I've only been able to get approx. the first 10 minutes of any given file; after that, the file just freezes yet continues to "work" for the full hour or whatever processing the rest of the file - which never shows.

Do you mean the conversion process freezes or does this problem persist when you play the converted file in a player on your PC? Do you get black screen instead of the remaining part of the video? Please could you be more specific.

BTW, make sure you are using the latest version of the program. To check up the updates follow Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  75