AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
29.07.09 13:00:24
#1 - is there a way to fade or blend the video effects line??
(there is such a harsh change between effects - would be nice if the effects line had their own transition??

#2 - the 'credits' text option
I cannot see ALL the text to make the correct edits
(eg actor name, etc)
when I click on the box to make edits - much of it is off the screen)

#3 - can I stack the video effects?
(eg emboss and old movie)

help
Support Manager
30.07.09 03:22:56
To: greggustin

Hi,
#1 Every effect has FadeIn/FadeOut option. Fade In and Fade Out areas can be selected with special buttons when you edit effect in AVS Video Editor, see the first screenshot attached.

#2 To edit test in Credits effect, please change size of the text, edit and than change the size of the text back.

#3 If you mean to combine or overlay two or move effects at the same time, you should add one more line for effects, see the second screenshot attached.
Attached files:
Experienced User
09.08.09 17:32:49
To: greggustin

thanks for great answers
(and the attached photos helped alot)
Administrator
10.08.09 01:00:32
To: musicrose116@juno.com

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
pcp
15.08.09 17:08:05
To: nadin

I have downloaded this trial to find a suitable editor for my new HD cam as after a day of shooting i found Windows MM did not accept the HD file. Like other posts i have read here, alot are having the choppiness of the preview plane. I find it ok to low the settings to LOW, it makes it bareable. But now my delimmea with AVS (before i go on to buy this) is the lack of the simple (and foundation of filmaking seq) is the FADE IN and FADE out option! Why isnt there a Fade in and out effect by itself?

Correct me if im wrong, but i have to drag an effect to the line, double click and then fade it out or in from there. But hello, i dont want one of the 46 other effects to fade in or out. I want FADE In and FADE OUT by itself. @=

How can i fade the first clip i load ..IN, and how can i fade the last clip, OUT? OR how does one fade the first clip In and OUT when there is no effect for this?

*SOS*
Experienced User
16.08.09 16:22:57
[REPLY]pcp[/REPLY

here is a trick I did
make a short vid - all BLACK
(from any source - lens cap on- or take an all black JPG and load it anywhere to make a movie)
import it with your videos
load that all BLACK vid FIRST
then use the FADE SOLID transition
should work OK for you
Administrator
17.08.09 02:52:40
pcp:
Correct me if im wrong, but i have to drag an effect to the line, double click and then fade it out or in from there. But hello, i dont want one of the 46 other effects to fade in or out. I want FADE In and FADE OUT by itself.
By default effects are applied without fade in/out, you need to set it for every effect separately. In future we'll add an option to apply fade in/out to multiple objects - this way it would be easier to edit them the way you need.

greggustin:
here is a trick I did
make a short vid - all BLACK
(from any source - lens cap on- or take an all black JPG and load it anywhere to make a movie)
import it with your videos
load that all BLACK vid FIRST
then use the FADE SOLID transition

Good tip! *SUPER*
Note that the black frame is also available in the program in the folder "Color" of the media library.

Regards
pcp
19.08.09 03:11:52
To: nadin

Thanks. All i did to get around this was do a black jpg, put it into movie maker and save that high quality movie file. Now i can run credits over it or blend the next scene into the black scene so it quickly fades in, if need be. Yiippe.*CRAZY*
Administrator
19.08.09 04:46:58
To: pcp

As already mentioned, there is no need to use a black jpg, save it as a movie file and then import it into AVS Video Editor. You can just add black color available in the program (see screenshot).

Best regards
Attached files:
pcp
24.08.09 03:26:45
Oh yea, thats cool. So if im to buy this, i dont need to download it again with the code or key? And do i get a CD sent to me, in Australia? Or can i? What if this laptop dies? does the key still work if i have to download a copy again?
HOw does the purchase actually work?
Administrator
24.08.09 03:35:25
To: pcp

We do not discuss any questions concerning purchase or activation of the software on the forum, according to the Rules, so please feel free to ask your questions on the support page or visit our FAQ page to find answers to your queries.

Thank you for understanding
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  61