AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.10.19 03:13:58
Hi Nat,

I searched "avs4you audio not recording" on Google and to my surprise one of the top listings was one we had last year or so when I installed Win10 on my Win7 computer. 23.06.18 21:32:49

Looks like I am permanently snakebit. I have a brand new computer now and the record won't work. I have tried everything I could find on the net and thrown every switch. No luck. And here's the kicker. I downloaded Audacity and record WORKS on it. The difference is that they go about it a different way. I'm going to attach a scream shot for you.

For whatever reason Stereo Mix yields no audio in AVS or Audacity for that matter. That's the only choice in AVS. In Win audio settings the Headphone thing is the OUTPUT and there are no other choices. You see how the other program does it with a headphone loopback, whatever that is. (I don't have headphones and mic isn't plugged in.) The generate TEST Audio doesn't work either. Playback is fine and dandy. It just won't record audio as in an audio mix record, etc. Won't record from the machine either.

Any ideas about which way I can go? Sure is a crazy sound card setup.

Norm
Attached files:
29.10.19 03:23:04
Copied to Support Form

TheNorm:
Hi Nat,

I searched "avs4you audio not recording" on Google and to my surprise one of the top listings was one we had last year or so when I installed Win10 on my Win7 computer. 23.06.18 21:32:49

Looks like I am permanently snakebit. I have a brand new computer now and the record won't work. I have tried everything I could find on the net and thrown every switch. No luck. And here's the kicker. I downloaded Audacity and record WORKS on it. The difference is that they go about it a different way. I'm going to attach a scream shot for you.

For whatever reason Stereo Mix yields no audio in AVS or Audacity for that matter. That's the only choice in AVS. In Win audio settings the Headphone thing is the OUTPUT and there are no other choices. You see how the other program does it with a headphone loopback, whatever that is. (I don't have headphones and mic isn't plugged in.) The generate TEST Audio doesn't work either. Playback is fine and dandy. It just won't record audio as in an audio mix record, etc. Won't record from the machine either.

Any ideas about which way I can go? Sure is a crazy sound card setup.

Norm
25.11.19 11:18:52
To: TheNorm

Hello,

The audio will record only in case all the sound devices of your computer are switched on. We suggest you activating your sound devices following the instructions below:

go Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices > Recording tab > select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices > right click on each of the appeared in the window device's icons >> check the field Enable.

Make sure the sound card of your computer supports the Stereo Mix function. If not we suggest upgrading the drivers for your sound card and then check sound devices on your computer.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  330