AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.07.18 13:26:30
From a few versions ago, AVS4YOU Video Editor started adding extra unnecessary pixels when you go to save a custom size. Each time I try saving 960x540 as a custom profile, it defaults to 960x544.

1. This defeats the purpose of having custom profiles. Stop forcing your sizes on us.

2. 960x540 is a valid size: "qHD is a display resolution of 960 × 540 pixels, which is exactly one quarter of a Full HD (1080p) frame, in a 16:9 aspect ratio."

Please fix this asap. I am getting sick of it. I keep thinking it will be fixed at the next update. I am tired of the added black lines around my videos. Leave custom profiles alone. Custom means custom. If I wanted to use default sizes, I wouldn't bother saving custom profiles. No idea where you guys got the extra 4 pixels from or who thought it was a great idea. This doesn't happen with any other popular video editors in the same/similar price bracket.

Please don't respond asking for a screenshot, because it is not needed. Just try saving a custom 960x540 profile (under Device or Web) and see what happens.

Please fix. Thank you
Developer
20.07.18 10:50:53
To: stormwebent

Optimal frame sizes for the most of video codecs is when width and height are divided by 8 - with no remainder (divisor, multiple factor). This value is a frame size step when you change frame size. Some codecs may not work properly for frame sizes that are not devided by 8, but usually the divisor 4 is also good.

You can easily specify the custom frame size 960x540 by selecting it in the right combobox list: "960 x 540".

Also you can set the next option:
Settings -> Processing ->Resize -> Frame size Step = 2 or 4 (instead of 8 - by default)
and there will be no more problems.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  325