AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
28.02.17 21:09:05
The AVS Video Editor USED to be great, but CONSTANTLY crashes video screen (not just in the app) in Windows 10 with little flashing dashes and sometimes just complete screen washout. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and running ver7.5.1 and it is still crashing. Three versions ago, I never had this problem. Only with the last two versions. Help!!! I have a lot of work to do with video editing and I don't want to go out and buy another application just because this one is so frustrating...

UPDATE...it now crashes the moment I open AVS almost every time. If not immediately, the very moment I make one action. I have already gone through the suggested "fixes" found here with no change in performance and Sofia is not responding to my chat.

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. (by the way, that link does not work)

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew.

and

1. Unzip the file in the attachment [DO_NOT_OpenLastProject] and run it by double clicking on it.

2. Switch off Intel Media Codec (Edit/ Settings/ processing/ Intel Media Codec/ choose disable) and set up single thread conversion (Edit/ Settings/ processing/ put a marker on single thread conversion)

3. Disable Show line groups and Show sound wave form (Edit/ Settings/ Edit/ remove the markers from Disable Show line groups and Show sound wave form)
Developer
01.03.17 09:48:52
To: sboudreaux

First of all, make a repairing procedure for ActiveX-libraries and tell us, if there will be some errors.
Please, run special utility:
- for Windows 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
- for Windows 64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

Also you can try another method of video rendering:
Settings -> Preview -> Video rendering - Use video buffer -
and restart the application.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  100