AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
14.02.13 08:38:40
Hi.
I have sent a form request to AVS4YOU Support Service 4 days ago and have still not received any response.
Therefore I will post my message on the forum aswell and I hope I will get a response soon.
Thank you!

:
Hello.

I have a problem with AVS Video Editor.
When producing a slideshow with both video and pictures, one or some pictures after a video becomes distorted (increasing pixellation). After one or some pictures the distortion disappears.
Videos also seem somewhat sluggish and the sound is often out of sync.

It only happens if I have both pictures and videos, if I only have pictures the slideshow is fine.
I have tested multiple cameras and computers. The problem occur on all of them.

I have created a test slideshow to show you the problem.
I have uploaded the pictures and video files I used in this test slideshow, and the bluray folder created after producing. If you play the bluray folder you can see the pictures after a video gets distorted.

I could not attach the files here so I have uploaded them to dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66485294/AVS%20Test%20project/Test%20project%20files.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66485294/AVS%20Test%20project/Test%20project%20produced%20%28bluray%20folder%29.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66485294/AVS%20Test%20project/Test%20project.vep

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Olav
Nat
15.02.13 04:04:39
To: smaariset@gmail.com

Dear Olav,

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem and the files attached.

There is such a problem while creating the slideshow of video and pictures. As far as I understand you created Blueray video, are any other video formats suitable for you?

If so please try to save to H.264 codec - it is available for AVI and other formats. Press the Advanced button near the codec H.264 name - choose Bitrate tab - in encoding type select - Single pass - Quantizer - set the quantizer value to 10 -15 - press Ok button - see the screenshot attached.

Try to save your project to a video file once again and inform about the result.

Kind regards
Attached files:
2165.68 KB
17.02.13 15:47:09
To: Nat

Thanks Nat, just to confirm, should we always use H.264?
Nat
18.02.13 03:58:26
To: mithcd

It is also possible to use MPEG4 (DixV/XviD comapitble) codec that allows to set the encoding with Quantizer.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
20.02.13 01:10:53
When using an output file from the Video Editor as input to the Disk Creator, isn't the chapter information lost in the process?

Is there any way to remove the pixelation from a BluRay disc?
Nat
20.02.13 03:47:01
To: sherwindu

Dear user,
sherwindu:
Is there any way to remove the pixelation from a BluRay disc

To avoid the problem please try to follow the steps indicated on this post.
Inform if it is of any help to you.

sherwindu:
isn't the chapter information lost in the process?

Is an output file from the Video Editor a BlueRay video? Have you created a menu for it in AVS Video Editor?

If you playback the created Blueray video on your PC player (using index.bdmv file), do you get the menu with chapters?

Specify the way you burn the created video in AVS Disk Creator - what option you use and what folders you burn (step by step).

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
24.02.13 18:56:36
Nat:

Dear Olav,

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem and the files attached.

There is such a problem while creating the slideshow of video and pictures. As far as I understand you created Blueray video, are any other video formats suitable for you?

If so please try to save to H.264 codec - it is available for AVI and other formats. Press the Advanced button near the codec H.264 name - choose Bitrate tab - in encoding type select - Single pass - Quantizer - set the quantizer value to 10 -15 - press Ok button - see the screenshot attached.

Try to save your project to a video file once again and inform about the result.

Kind regards

Hello Nat.

Thank you for your reply.
I have produced an avi file with the option "single pass - quantizer" like you asked.
At first I tried setting quantizer to 21 and then I just let it be on 26 (standard), and for both the result is good.
Then I tried the avi with standard "single pass - bitrate" and the distortion appears.

I also tried to make avi file first with the single pass - quantizer option and then import the avi file and produce bluray disc (folder). The distortion appeared
The distortion appears when i produce the avi file with "single pass - bitrate" and bitrate was at about 1200.
When producing the same option but with the hd (1080p) template bitrate was at 4200 and the distortion does not appear.
So I am not sure wheter its the single pass bitrate option or the bitrate causing the distortion.

When producing to bluray disc, I cannot click advanced (greyed out).
Could you make it possible to change the settings" when producing bluray disc aswell?
Or could you fix the distortion that appears with "single pass - bitrate" or bitrate and creating bluray disc?

You can download the avi test files below:
Test2.avi is created with the "single pass - quantizer" option and 4200 bitrate.
Test3.avi is created with the "single pass - bitrate" option and 1200 bitrate.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66485294/AVS%20Test%20project/Test2.avi
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66485294/AVS%20Test%20project/Test3.avi
Nat
25.02.13 07:49:46

Dear Olav,

In answer to your questions:
smaariset@gma...:
I also tried to make avi file first with the single pass - quantizer option and then import the avi file and produce bluray disc (folder). The distortion appeared

To guarantee the better quality of the output you need to set the bitrate, frame rate and frame size to be closer or the same as in input.
Try to choose the BlueRay profile in the drop down list of profiles with the settings of bitrate, frame rate and frame size closer to those of your .avi file.
Inform about the result.

smaariset@gma...:
When producing to bluray disc, I cannot click advanced (greyed out).
Could you make it possible to change the settings" when producing bluray disc aswell

Please note that it is not possible to change the settings of Blueray or DVD video to be created (only choose one of the profiles available), that is done to avoid the problems with playback on the output.
Please attach the screenshot of the advance button with your .avi file.

Thank you for the information.

Kind regards
17.03.13 00:37:33
Have just starting using Video Editor - created a DVD of slideshow presentation of jpegs with mp3 background music (Christina Aguilera's 'Bound to You.' What a voice!) Modest project for 41/2 minutes of my boss's honeymoon in Punta Cana, DR. The app has nice features that allow custom frame time and transition effects, but the images as viewed within the app and on the completed DVD are just not clean. There is grainy texture and ragged edges that remind me of a bad copy-and-paste job from the Windows Paint app. Windows 7 apps and Quick Time look good using the same jpeg files. I had to use Windows DVD Maker to finish the project. Elegant slideshow presentation but not the same creativity of AVS. Give one point to AVS, however, as DVD Maker wouldn't use the mp3 file until I converted it to a WMA file using AVS Audio Converter (even though it says it will.) Got is as a download from Amazon.
Nat
18.03.13 06:50:38
To: donlevans@ameritech.net

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please follow the instructions on my post.

Inform please about the result.

Kind regards
26.11.15 02:06:00

Awesome! Works like a charm!!
I need to start checking forums on some of my software issues!!! :-D
Nat
26.11.15 09:58:04
To: XNSLLC

Thank you for the feedback.
I am glad the issue is resolved.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.
26.11.16 04:07:31
I'm running AVS Video Editor 7.4.1.281 and had exactly this problem. I'm very glad to have found this solution. I always mix stills and video in my video productions and have used several video editors over the years. I had settled on AVS until I ran into this problem then had to revert to one of my prior editors and even purchased a new one. Now that I seem to have a solution I will keep AVS around. The following settings work for me to eliminate the distortion in some of the stills that follow video:
File / MP4 / Advanced
H.264/AVC
1920 x 1080 Bitrate 3200
30 fps
Advanced / Single Pass Quantizer
Level 3.1
Quantizer 26
I played with various Quantizer values down to 8 and got file sizes ranging from 5GB to my current 684MB for a 13 1/2 minute video of mixed stills and video segments.

1) Will/can this issue be fixed in AVS Video Editor to avoid having to explicitly change the settings every time?
2) Can my favorite settings somehow be saved so I don't have to set them again every time?

Richard
Nat
29.11.16 11:56:04
To: shadowb

Dear Richard,

To avoid problem with video created from image files, please use Video for SlideShow profiles that are available in MP4 and AVI formats.

Kind regards
20.12.16 19:52:23

Thanks Nat, I tried the Video for Slideshow profile but the file came out twice as large as using:
File / MP4 / Advanced
H.264/AVC
1920 x 1080 Bitrate 3200
30 fps
Advanced / Single Pass Quantizer
Level 3.1
Quantizer 26

This file is 684 MB for the 13 minute video. The file resulting from Video for Slideshow profile is 1.16 GB for the exact same show.

I can't tell any difference on my 70" Sharp Aquos TV. Should I be able to see the difference?

Richard
Nat
22.12.16 11:26:21

Dear Richard,

If there is no noticeable difference on your TV, you can use your settings instead of ready made profile.
You can save your settings as a new profile when selecting your advanced settings - see the screenshot attached.

Kind regards
Attached files:
24.12.16 01:28:33

Thanks again Nat! I had never even noticed that little disk icon ... it's kind of grayed out on my display but still works.
Nat
24.12.16 10:51:25

You are welcome.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Kind regards
04.05.17 03:41:34
Hi

I was having issues with distorted pictures so I followed your instructions to create the ASI file. I have a picture slideshow with music. I then used the converter to burn to a dvd. The audio now had a clicking sound every few seconds. It only does this after I use the converter. If I burn to dvd directly from the video editor, this sound is not on the audio. Can you tell me what is causing this?

Thanks,
Julie
Administrator
04.05.17 09:53:58
To: jewels75

Hello Julie,

Thank you for your message.

Your request has been answered in our support system.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  1  justinwilliams
Guests:  759