AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.09.12 16:53:58
I've just received what I regard as a pretty useless answer to a support query that I made some 4 days ago.

I don't know if you guys are in the UK, in which case you can blame the bank holiday weekend, but if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind waiting so long if I didn't get such a silly answer.

Basically I asked if the res of the preview screen in the editor could be raised as it's hard to see small texts that are present on the original footage.
Rather embarrassingly I found the very option myself after making the request (edit→settings→general→preview→quality) and changed it though even the setting isn't really high enough so the question was still worth asking.

Anyway, I asked the question, the answer to which should have been the above, but got a reply from 'Kate' suggesting I adjust my monitor resolution to 1024 x 768. That the reply didn't even mention the 'correct' answer makes this even more laughable.

Is Kate still in 2002? Does she think the average computer might have a monitor with a native resolution as low as 1024 x 768? I have a phone with a better screen that that.

So, while the products are excellent, I like the editor and the converter, the support for the products isn't terribly good on this occasion.

Paul
Administrator
04.09.12 08:02:48
To: pauleden

Hello Paul,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused.

The preview quality in AVS Video Editor indeed can be adjusted in the settings, you get the best quality when setting it to High (slowest).

Please note if the quality problem appears on the preview, it happens because of the cache process, which allows to reduce the size of the edited files and to speed up the editing process. The preview video quality does not аffect the quality of the resulting video file, which depends on the settings you select for saving the file.

Best regards
07.09.12 16:31:50
To: Esther

Thank you Esther. I did find that setting. It improves the quality, but I'd like an extra high setting for it too.

Paul
Al
Support Manager
08.09.12 14:27:58
To: pauleden

Nice idea... but it will slow down your system while working with big projects (when different effects/transitinons/overlays're applied):-(
27.01.13 15:52:01
To: Al

Hi Quick follow up on this. For that to be possible, what specification should we have with our PC?
Nat
28.01.13 04:17:59
To: mithcd

Dear User,

Please follow the link below to find the minimal system requirements for AVS Video Editor:
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

See the end of the page.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  215