AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.09.11 23:02:35
I have a bunch of m4v downloaded files all within the 10 - 17 minute range.
I installed AVS Converter & Creator this weekend w/hopes of batching files and burning to dvd.
It took almost 4 hours to convert a batch of 5.
When prompted to burn, I did.
Tested dvd on dvd player but nothing there.
I have an HP Lightscribe external burner and used a new DVD-RW disc 4.7gb cap.
I thought I followed all directions. Didn't do anything fancy.
Contacted support but may be a while for response.
After such a process I hesitate to keep trying without intervention.
Can anyone suggest some non-too-techy solutions?
TIA
28.09.11 12:00:12
To: aspra

Hello,

Could you please specify the model of your DVD player? Does it support DVD-RW disc type?

Also, try playing DVD on computer or browse for files in windows explorer. Is the disc empty?

Best regards.
29.09.11 10:52:58
To: Vlad

The DVD player is a JVC XV-S300.
As far as what it supports? I just pulled the manual and it DOES NOT support DVD-RW. Playable disc types: DVD VIDEO, SVCD, Video CD, and Audio CD. I have a large collection of the various discs it can't play.

No, I am unable to play the disc on the laptop.

So much for thinking I delay the purchase buying a new computer, tv, and additional media playing devices.
Not to mention the external burner I bought. Nor the AVS4YOU 1 year subscription purchased this weekend that will terminate with this laptop.

The time I've invested is prohibitive to what I have available. Knowing that, I'm frustrated that I didn't take a minute to investigate my dvd player. (This kind of stuff is not my thing)

ACK!
I will make one more purchase... of the video disc types the manual mentions. But that's it. :)

Thanks for responding...
04.10.11 07:23:16
To: aspra

I've also checked manuals for your DVD player and there is mentioned that DVD-RW is not playable disc type. We are sorry about this.

I see DVD+R disc type is not metioned in non-supported disc list. So you may try it.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  178