AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.07.11 01:00:53
I am unable to use any AVS software any more due to something to do with this message.
I came home one day, turned my computer on and found nothing worked. The net, software, AVS, the lot. Only a few windows apps worked. With a bit of fiddling around, I eventually came across a message which revealed, somehow the date had changed on my computer. I am the only user. I changed the date back and still everything didn't work right. I did a system restore three times. Everything else seemed to work OK except AVS. I have since done mutiple file deletions, restores, reinstall software, virus scans, etc. I have followed instructions by the support team to no avail. I have spent many hours on this and can't get anything going. I paid for the unlimited access but now I am cut off.
I feel AVS developers have purposely added something which switches access off at a set date, a kind of virus. I have had AVS for a while and have had relatively little problems with it. Only a few glitches here and there but now I can't get anything to work. The message above always appears when I try to start the software.
18.07.11 06:35:38
To: o2bjeff

Hello,

First of all, we cannot access or change any data on your computer and expecially add viruses. I would ask you not blaming us.

We are sorry about the problem. You said there was something wrong with data on your computer... Try deleting the following branch in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVS4YOU\Common, where information about data is stored, and runnning AVS software again.

If it does not help, delete the whole HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVS4YOU branch. Please inform us about the results.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
19.07.11 01:37:15
To: Vlad
Not DATA, D A T E!!!! Does any one know about the date encode????? What is going on here??? I have followed instructions and get the same result.
As of yet none of the AVS support has mentioned the date encode. It is obvious that has something to do with it. The date encode has misteriously changed and it needs to be reverted back. What is it? where is it? Why has it effected all AVS apps on my computer and nothing else.
It is obviously a problem on the other end of the line, not mine.
19.07.11 07:27:45
To: o2bjeff

And we don't have access to date as well:)

To avoid the problem please do the following:

1. Follow menu Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove programs.
2. Find Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in the programs list and uninstall them.
3. Download the attached zip archive and install the patch from it.
4. Repair AVS files following menu Start>All Programs>AVS4YOU and running Repair. All files should be repaired successfully excepting AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll and maybe AVSShellConverter.dll
5. Launch AVS software.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  219