AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.08.08 23:59:03
While editing to remove extra words from a video, when I set the insertion point and press the play button to hear what is said to determine the correct point to make the first slice, after I change the point to further narrow down the correct point, I find that the head doesn't move accurately, slows down and sometimes the video goes black.

Then I lose precision, have to exit and then come back in and try again. This is very frustrating and time consuming when I have a long video with many edits to make.

And it especially happens if I have zoomed in on the timeline.

Is this a know issue or is there something I can do to make it work better?

(I have Windows XPRPO, 1.5 G Ram, Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Video Editor 3.5.1.355)

Many thanks!

Stephen Littler
Dam
Administrator
06.08.08 04:32:05
To: stevelittler

Hello Stephen,

First, about the error. We have never had such an error before. At the moment we are working on the absolutely new version of the AVS Video Editor, and in the nearest future we plan to release its Beta version, so I propose to wait a bit, until that is ready.

Second, about editing.
If you want to cut out or delete some video fragments, you can also use AVS Video Converter or AVS Video ReMaker.

To do it with the Video Converter, please:
1. Launch AVS Video Converter and choose the video
2. Press Edit button
3. On the Timeline set deletion area
4. Close the Edit window
5. Convert Now!

To do it with the AVS Video ReMaker, please:
1. Launch AVS Video ReMaker and choose the video
2. On the Timeline set deletion area
3. Remake Now

For more detailed information please follow these links to Online Help for Video Converter and Video ReMaker

Best Regards
06.08.08 17:57:08
To: Dam

Thanks. I just tried Video Converter and Video ReMaker but they don't work for me either.

I have a 60 minute AVI video (488 MB - that I made with Video Converter ripping a TSO file from a DVD) that I need to remove about 180 small words from (extra words like: a, and, actually, really, you know, etc.)

These words take up a few hundredths of a second each. But these programs can't loop accurately for that short a period of time apparently for me.

I think what I need is a tool that can loop very well on very short periods of time (like hundredths/second.) Is there something in the suite I can use or something I can do to make this work? Is my file too large?

Many thanks!

Stephen Littler
Dam
Administrator
07.08.08 04:09:05
To: stevelittler

Hi Stephen,

We will be glad to receive a sample of the video you want to cut some fragments, to reproduce the issue. Please, try to attach a sample of the video. If you fail, please let us know and we will send you our FTP information.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  179