AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.04.11 18:35:43
Bummer ! Wish I knew about not messing around w/ file locations before everything crapped out ! Thanks for your assistance Vlad.
02.05.11 08:16:53
To: billyjobob

It is usual for all the programs of such kind...

you are welcome:-)
24.05.11 14:10:17
I've reached a point, after editing a video around 30 mins and produced it and after shutting down and then trying to reopen it to view, it says File Not Found?

I read online and it talks about having a 3rd party or somthing going on......anyways sooo where can I go about fixing this third party or get around having it say file not found or just get it up and going???

Add note: "I believe i produced this video to Window Media Player."

Thanks~Tyler
24.05.11 20:37:06
I was looking and the third party looks like it's because I produced it to WMV windows media player...therefore I tried opening it in Windows and had no luck. So what do I do to back track it back to Vep. the Editor orginally works with so i could truly open the video up and burn it on CD???
25.05.11 00:45:19
To: jbass626

Hello,

Please note that vep file is a project which do not contain actual video, it contains only links to source files from which you created project. If you moved source files for the project to another location, AVS Video Editor will give you the error "Can't find file". In this case you should find the file browsing it in new location using special option in the error message. Then after opening source files you should re-save the project.

As for producing video, you should produce it to Disc option. Find the details here. To play video on computer it's better to produce to File>AVI.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
11.07.11 05:12:05
I have just migrated all my files to new hardware using Win 7. When I come load in old project files, all the source files are now located in different drives, but under same folder name etc. AVS Video Editor keep asking me one by one to locate the files, it is very laborious. Is there a simpler way to do this or I am just in for a lot of work with all the previously generated project files?
Any help much appreciated.
13.07.11 03:15:11
To: ffrree

Hello,

Sorry, but you should put the file to the original directories, or you will have to located every file opening the project.

Best regards.
10.08.11 10:09:32
High,

I've created around a 30 minute video of this last school at an Academy I attened. Deffently would like to figure what's up?

It is say "File not found" when I pull it up....

Info for you whoever might help.....
I had all the files saved on an external hardrive and online it's saying there's a 3 party involved or somehing??
I would literally pay someone if I could send them the files and they would take care of it!! Help please??

~Tyler
Attached files:
12.08.11 11:43:38
To: jbass626

Hello Tyler,

Project vep file contains only the links to source videos not actuall video. As far as I can see you have changed original location of the files. Now, the only way to solve the problem is browse original file in new location when you get this error, and after opening the project, re-save it.

Best regards.
14.08.11 06:54:33
To: Vlad
I've been working on a project in AVS DVD authoring program. Now when I try to open the project I receive an error message that the file cannot be found annd opening the project is aborted. The file path of the unfindable path is shown in the error message , and is the CORRECT path to the file which still exists and HAS NOT been moved, and can be imported without problem into a new project which will close and open, finding the identical file in the identical location.

There is no option in the abort project message allowing browsing to locate the file. Opening the project file in notepad the file names don't appear. Putting a copy of the unlocateable file in the project folder doesn't help.

I've already reinstalled the program following earlier bugs failing to save correctly. Program seems to have problems. Anyway, is there any workaround to rescue my project? thanks
14.08.11 07:52:02
PS TO PREVIOUS MESSAGE: I have similar [not identical] problems with the Video Editor locating files as well.... one thing, these files have kind of long file names... do AVS programs have problems with certain kinds of file names? [If so I could rename files to suit the program better]. Just a thought. thanks
14.08.11 08:50:38
wish I could edit posts - anyway in summary I've had ongoing problems with both AVS DVD Authoring and AVS Video Editing programs regarding imported video files. Let me first stress the imported files have NOT been moved on my hard drive. In both programs, saved projects which successfully reopened for a time, have then lost the ability when reopening to locate some but not all files, giving File Not Found error messages.

For DVD Authoring program, this renders my projects unopenable, as project won't open without finding files, and I'd like a workaround to rescue my projects.

For Video Editing program, even relocating file when opening program using Browse the program fails to recognize the file. Missing file can however be imported anew as if a new file, and placed in timeline replacing itself [same file the program read as missing]. This program also sometimes fails to save the very existence of imported files when closed and reopened [added imported files are simply absent without error message when reopening project].

I don't think my file names being long etc is a good explanation because the projects can save and open with them repeatedly, but then lose the ability to locate them at random times.

Again, these problems are occuring with multiple AVS programs.
Lex
Administrator
15.08.11 12:34:02
To: bravedog

Hello,

We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring program and recommend AVS Video Editor. In order to solve the issue with AVS Video Editor please make sure you the latest version 6.0:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

If the issue remains please specify whether any of video files was stored on external disc. Could you please specify what you mean by
bravedog:
This program also sometimes fails to save the very existence of imported files when closed and reopened [added imported files are simply absent without error message when reopening project].

Best regards.
16.08.11 02:46:26
To: Lex
Thanks for your reply. No files are stored on external drive. Your question: sometimes I've imported successfully video files, but when I close and reopen the program after saving, the imported files are not marked as missing - they are simply not there as if they were never imported. Other times or files, stay present in the reopened project. or at other times give File Not Found error messages though they are in fact still on my hard drive in the same folder as originally, and Video Editor doesn't even recognize them when they're pointed to using Browse.
Lex
Administrator
16.08.11 13:43:52

Hello,

Please specify whether you use the latest version of AVS Video Editor (run AVS Video Editor/click Help/About) Please specify whether the issue takes place with one project only. Also specify whether you use the same files in AVS Video Editor and AVS DVD Authoring.

Best regards.
17.08.11 02:23:37
Yes Video Editor 6; yes does happen w some of same files as w DVD Author program but not sure if totally the same files; yes happens w more than one project though only have 1 of each program in progress [others have been deleted]. thanks
Lex
Administrator
17.08.11 11:16:53

Hello,

Please specify whether your drive is always connected to the PC. Please try to reinstall AVS4YOU software following our instructions.

Best regards.
19.08.11 01:42:33
All files are on hard drive permanently in PC. Programs have been reinstalled and variations of the same problems have persisted.
Lex
Administrator
19.08.11 11:04:52
To:

Hello,

Please try to transfer files which disappear to disc C: As soon as you transfer them indicate their new location.

Best regards.
20.08.11 03:27:15
?? Files have continuously been on drive C [boot drive and same drive as AVS programs].

Please clarify. Thanks
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  413