AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.09.10 21:37:51
Hello,

I am using x264 ( H.264 ) for creating AVI movies. When loaded the latest version of x264, it shows a command line window for loading extra features including Sub-ME 10 (QPRD ). But most of the other video converters are not capable of accepting these advanced features. And there is no way for me to know whether AVS is loading it or not. please help me.

External codecs ( XVID and x264 ) is available when converting to AVI container but not for other formats including MKV and MP4. What can I do ?

Some of the video converters are supporting external filters like Mplayer resize, Mplayer denoise 3D etc. And they are efficient than the feauters of advanced codecs ( like denoise 3D ). Any way to load these filters in AVS Video converter ?

thanks in advance.
28.09.10 07:44:24
To: Ashok

Hello,

Yes, you are right external codecs can be used in AVI format in AVS Video Converter. But, unfortunately, they are not avaliable in MKV and MP4. I will suggest our developers to make such codecs avaliable in these formats.

As for the external filters, unfortunately, we don't support them at all.

Best regards.
29.09.10 03:02:52
Thanks,

Now please tell me this.

When loaded the latest version of x264 in AVS Video Converter, it shows a command line window for loading extra features including Sub-ME 10 (QPRD ). But most of the other video converters are not capable of accepting these advanced features. And there is no way for me to know whether AVS is actually loading it or not. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
01.10.10 04:08:32

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

Once you've downloaded and installed x264 codec on your computer, it loads into AVS Video Converter and you should be able to select it in Advanced>Output File>Video Codec list. I downloaded codec here and it appeared as H.264 video codec. If you open Advanced for Video Codec , you will find GUI and will be able to adjust codec seetings. There should be Extra Command Line (for Advanced users) or something like that to use subme feature.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
10.10.10 23:47:38
Thanks,

subme can be loaded through the command line but I was asking about subme10 because it is one of the latest options included in the x264 and most of the other video converters are not able to load this application (although they are showing the option ).

Anyway I hope this can be successfully loaded in AVS Video Converter.

Thanks.
13.10.10 02:55:34

Thank you for getting back to us.

Actually, if the GUI for codec which you use, allows to load subme10 option, it should be loaded also into AVS Video Converter. However, as it is an external codec and GUI was not developed by us, we don't gaurantee that it will certainly works for our software.

I hope it clarifies.

Regards.
17.10.10 00:10:19
Thanks,

I think these advanced features are successfully loaded in AVS Video converter. Because the stats file shows all advaced features including subme 10 , PSNR, SSIM etc.. This will really help us to create high quality encodes.

But I have another problem. First pass of the the convertion was completed successfully. But while clicking the convert tab for second pass, the following message is coming

The convertion with the selected output format settings cannot be done. Please change the formatt parameters or use one of the preset profiles.

But I was using the codec in the default mode and none of the other settings were useful for me.

What is happening ?

Please help.
18.10.10 06:36:32
Ashok:

I think these advanced features are successfully loaded in AVS Video converter. Because the stats file shows all advaced features including subme 10 , PSNR, SSIM etc.. This will really help us to create high quality encodes.

That's good news:-)

As for the error, could you please specify which output settings do you select? Frame size, frame rate, bitrate? Also, please specify the same parameters of the source file. It would be great if you attached a screenshot of input file properties and output settings (AVS Video Converter>Advanced>Conversion Options).
06.11.10 02:48:44
Hello Vlad,

Sorry for the long delay. But actually I was trying to fix the problem myself.

See, the parameters of input and output video were not a new one. I often uses the same for converting and was always successfull.

I found that the problem is in the settings of the video codec. Many of these features are successfully loading in CRF and CQ modes. but not in 2 pass modes. ( for examble maximum cons. B VOP greater than 2 )

There are many problems when loading an external codec. But the problem with the internal codec is that, it is extremely outdated and cannot competete with the latest x264 in compression efficiency.

Thanks.
09.11.10 07:17:10

Thanks for letting us know that the problem has been solved.

And that's good that you post in on the forum. Your experience will be valuable for other users.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  495