AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.12.09 07:19:09
Hello.....
I'm new to AVS Software. I've downloaded AVS Video Converter for a trail....

I'm planning to convert a mix of many files video files (avi, flv, mov,etc) and write them to DVDs.

My question...As I am selecting the files for conversion, how can I tell how many minutes remain on the DVD ??? I'd like to fill the DVD as full as possible..
I currently use Nero.. It shows the minutes used/remaining as the files are added for conversion. I don't see that in AVS Video Converter ??

Or....Am I supposed to convert each file separately and THEN use AVS Disc creator to select from the various converted files and
then burn to a DVD ?
Administrator
29.12.09 23:46:00
gsuemnic:
Am I supposed to convert each file separately and THEN use AVS Disc creator to select from the various converted files and
then burn to a DVD ?
No, you are not. You can burn the DVD directly from AVS Video Converter. After you import all your files into the program, choose To DVD and the preset required, click Convert Now! If the output DVD movie fits onto the disc, the conversion will start. If not, you will be asked whether you would like to split the ouput movie into multiple discs or shrink to one DVD.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask them.
30.12.09 05:01:57
To: nadin

Hum..

So there is no way to know how many files will fit until I select a bunch of them... Then press convert ?

I assume adding up the run-time of each file would be a good estimate ? Would I need to include some 'time' for the lead-in, lead-out and menu ?

Thanks,
Administrator
30.12.09 05:07:55
To: gsuemnic

The time is not a parameter according to which it is measured whether the output file will fit onto a disc or not. It is important to know rather the output file size. Currently there is no output file size counter in AVS Video Converter, as for some of the codecs it is quite hard to estimate this value. But we will improve the software with the course of time and will do our best to offer such an option in future.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  6