AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
14.03.09 09:13:54
Hope someone can help. I got 3gb of AVI files to create a DVD. I used the wizard to create a basic build with a couple of chapters, no audio added just the basic stuff. The build says it uses 60% of the disk. I click the build button and now, after 5 hrs it's still sitting at 0%. No error messages, the PC not stressed or slow but I can see HDD activity that indicates something slow is going on. Got the latest version of the Authoring software, XP fully patched. No addition progs or sevices running, no AV running. What the minimum hardware spec for this software? Many thanks for any help.
Administrator
16.03.09 05:01:24
To: tim@greedypig.co.uk

Here are the minimum Win XP system requirements for AVS DVD Authoring v.1.3.2.40:

Processor: Intel / AMD compatible at 1500 MHz or higher
RAM: 512 MB or higher
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later

Please attach your PC configuration (you can use AVS System Info in order to generate a report).
Also run Task Manager when the build process is started and send us a screenshot of the Performance tab.

Hope to hear from you soon
11.06.09 05:59:57
To: nadin

I'm not sure if tim@greedypig.co.uk's problem got solved, but I'm having the exact same problem with the DVD Authoring program. It simply starts and hangs there showing "0%" processed, even over a 24 hour period! This happens when importing separate videos, or a combined video after using Video Editor.

Also, after using AVS disk creator, the dvd wouldn't play on the television dvd player OR on the computer! Is there something I'm missing here???

Just F.Y.I., I bought a digital camera for my mother that came bundled with a basic Arcsoft program. It performed just fairly well, but without applying transition effects I added. BUT it did make readable disks! That's why I invested in AVS4YOU since it got such great reviews. Can you help me out?

I've attached the AVS report: avsreport-20090611
Attached files:
11.06.09 22:37:26
To: Pilgrimsong@msn.com

I'm converting from video_ts files a 134 min movie to .avi and it wil take 23 hours.. isn't that rather long time???
14.06.09 03:00:03
To me, 24 hours might as well be 24 years. With no response from a tech as of yet, I'm getting ready to throw in the towel.
14.06.09 03:01:40
I'm curious. I have the same problem. Did yours get resolved?
Administrator
17.06.09 04:38:40

Does the problem persist no matter which files you import into the program? Please specify format, origin and size of the files you have tried editing in AVS DVD Authoring. Is the problem stable, i.e. does it persist every time you build a project?
Also please specify 1) the version of AVS DVD Authoring installed, 2) which other AVS programs were installed before and after DVD Authoring.

You can also try running the program in one thread mode using the .reg files attached. Please run Authoring_ThreadOne.reg and click OK in the new window. Then try using the program. In order to return to multi-thread mode, please use Authoring_ThreadAutoChoise.reg.

Please inform us on the result.

Pilgrimsong@msn.com:
Also, after using AVS disk creator, the dvd wouldn't play on the television dvd player OR on the computer! Is there something I'm missing here???
Could you describe your actions in more detail. Specify the source of the DVD movie, make sure it is correct. Specify 1) settings selected to burn the disc, 2) disc type used, 3) model of your burner, 4) model of your DVD player. We'll try to clear up the problem.

Best regards
Attached files:
Administrator
17.06.09 04:57:46
To: tradewindsm@shaw.ca

Conversion duration questions are being discussed in the following thread. Please note post#2041 by Dam.

Regards
19.06.09 07:03:51

I'll give you a report on the AVS Disk Creator after I get the problem with AVS DVD Authoring taken care of.

This problem persists for no matter what video format is used.

In this case 3 MOV's from a digital movie camera were used. 58.4, 19.9 and 11.1 mbs. respectively.

Before this test, I uninstalled all AVS programs, then reinstalled the latest version of DVD Authoring [version

1.3.2.42] as the sole program.

I started the test on June 18, 7:55 a.m., and stopped it on June 19, at 9:00 a.m. with no progress in the bars

whatsoever.

I also downloaded and installed both 'Authoring_ThreadOne.reg' and 'Authoring_ThreadAutoChoise.reg'.

There are no files in the AUDIO_TS or VIDEO_TS folders, although there were some in the VIDEO_TS folder two

times during the MANY attempts at using the program.

The 'coredw' text file created states this:

----------------------------------ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P NP53----------------------------------
----------------------------------PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-116 1.21----------------------------------

DRIVE SELECTED: ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P NP53
DRIVE SELECTED: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-116 1.21
DRIVE SELECTED: ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P NP53

The 'datawriter' text file states this:

l o g S t a r t

R e l e a s e D r i v e s S T A R T
R e l e a s e D r i v e s E N D

R E L E A S E S T A R T
R e l e a s e m a i n m a n a g e r S T A R T
h T h r e a d D a t a W r i t e R E A D = = N U L L
h M a i n M a n a g e r o b j e c t i s s i g n a l e d
R e l e a s e m a i n m a n a g e r E N D
R E L E A S E E N D

D E S T R U C T S T A R T
D E S T R U C T E N D

I'm attaching the following:

1. System Info Report [with DVD Authoring program running]
2. System Info Report [with DVD Authoring program Shut down]
3. Screen shot of program after 25 hours running.

I hope you can help me out. Otherwise......

Lee
Administrator
22.06.09 23:23:48
Pilgrimsong@msn.com:
This problem persists for no matter what video format is used.

In this case 3 MOV's from a digital movie camera were used. 58.4, 19.9 and 11.1 mbs. respectively.
If you just try to play the files in the program, i.e. import them, double click on the timeline and preview in the program, are they played fine up to the end?

As for the problem in AVS Disc Creator, please could you describe it in more detail. Describe your actions step by step: which files are you trying to burn onto the disc, does the program give you any error?

Thank you in advance for the information
24.06.09 06:47:52
To: nadin

The imported files in the timeline play, but in a stop/motion manner. But they do play to the end.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  318