AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.03.09 16:18:18
Hello everyone.

I downloaded AVS Video Editor to evaluate and notice that when saving, I am limited to how many frames per second can be selected. My source video is captured from a Blackmagic Intensity card, 720p, 1280x720, 59.94 fps. Unfortunately, when saving the edited video - I am limited to a maximum fps of 30.

Is this a limitation of AVS Video Editor? Or just an oversight that 59.94 (or 60 for that matter) is not selectable. These two values are not uncommon.

Thanks,
Dale
Administrator
10.03.09 02:01:59
To: Dale

Unfortunately, the highest possible frame rate you can convert a video with using AVS software is 30 fps. However, we have already addressed this issue to our developers and there is a planning to implement a higher frame rate within future releases.

Best regards
10.03.09 08:51:00
To: nadin

Nadin,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll keep my eye on new releases.
03.01.10 11:29:18
To: Dale

Dale-

When rendering your ouput video to 30fps, is the resulting video choppy and skippy? Everytime I render video using 60fps source files this happens. The resulting footage is unusable.

Thx / Chad
Administrator
09.01.10 04:03:53
To: chad@helmetcameracentral.com

Unfortunately, this really happens. We will do our best to offer a 60 fps preset in the next version.

Regards
13.01.10 10:50:55
Hi, is the DEMO limited in any way, or do the Blu-Ray Presets not support 29.97fps, with one for 60i as well as 60p, using Mpeg2 output?

Also, why do you limit the Mbps sample rate for the video, in AVI output, to 16Mbps, when trying to adjust the settings?
This kills the extra data and video sharpness detail gained from using the Canon Line of HF S series Camcorders wth 24Mbps recording speeds.

Your Media Player is very nice, by the way, and plays the AVCHD file without any double image of moving objects, because it's following the frame-rate of the file, but rendering to a Blu-Ray file at 23.976fps, with the converter, when the original file says it's 29.97fps creates the double image effect on moving objects, also noticed on all areas when zooming in/out.

I like your player so much, i've posted about it at a review site for the Canon VIXIA HF S11 Camcorder ...

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Canon-Vixia-HF-S11-Camcorder-Review-37150.htm

please feel free to view the comments , and make your own as well. :)
13.01.10 11:27:32
Hmmmmm.... the double image effect seems to be when I viewed the preview screen, on one large file (over 500MB) of outside shots... I didn't try to actually render it yet. I wanted to render just one small area of it, but the program doesn't seem to have a way to select a smaller area to render, from the entire section, without doing the entire video. (might be a good option to add in the next upgrade :-) ... unless I missed it, and it's there already. :)

The Canon camcorder (HF S10 - mine) as well as the S11 and S100, records at 60i, native, (50i for Euro units) even though the setting on the camera may be set for 30p or 24p, and is converted during playback from the camera to the HDTV or monitor, so I'm wondering is this going to show with some videos and not others?

If so, how to stop it, or how to know when it's going to show?
Administrator
14.01.10 01:24:22
James.T.Kirk:
is the DEMO limited in any way
No, the functionality is not limited. Here is more information about how our non-activated versions work.

James.T.Kirk:
do the Blu-Ray Presets not support 29.97fps, with one for 60i as well as 60p, using Mpeg2 output?
At the moment only 24 fps and 23.976 fps parameters for Blu-ray presets are offered. The next version of AVS Video Converter will include two more output profiles with 50 fps and 59.94 fps settings. We will improve our software with the course of time offering more opportunities for creating Blu-ray movies.

James.T.Kirk:
Also, why do you limit the Mbps sample rate for the video, in AVI output, to 16Mbps, when trying to adjust the settings?
This kills the extra data and video sharpness detail gained from using the Canon Line of HF S series Camcorders wth 24Mbps recording speeds.
The development is under way, this is just a question of time.

James.T.Kirk:
I wanted to render just one small area of it, but the program doesn't seem to have a way to select a smaller area to render, from the entire section, without doing the entire video. (might be a good option to add in the next upgrade ... unless I missed it, and it's there already. :)
You just need to trim out the area you would like to convert. Please use the appropriate function available in the Edit window. Here is the instruction.
And thank you very much for your review! :-)

Kind regards
14.01.10 05:40:50

Hi, nadin, thanks for moving my post to the thread originally dealing with a similar question.

This converter has great potential. I'll be continuing to monitor its progress in development and await the next versions for testing and evaluation.

It's a special developer who keeps the full functionality active, without limitations, (other than the LOGO), so the customer can fully evaluate it, before purchase.

Also, thanks for directing me to the "edit" section and showing me there is a way to select the areas of interest for rendering.
This will make it easier to render the section of movement in question, regarding the "double image effect" when your presets are expanded.

Are there any plans to offer this for the MAC platform?
You can see, from the review site mentioned earlier, I've been helping someone there trying to find something like this for his MAC system, I guess, for now, only us IBM users are blessed with your programs. :)

I'll be waiting to see the future releases, with more presets for Blu-Ray, and higher Mbps sample rates for the other presets, with much anticipation.

-cheers-
14.01.10 10:34:38
Hi, I forgot to ask, does the Media Player also support hardware acceleration?

If not, it would definately speed-up playback of the AVCHD files on machines using display cards with hardware acceleration circuits.

while i'm still here, i may as well suggest one more thing 8-) if i may ...

I noticed your presets are readable separate text based files.
This is good because they can be edited easily, by manual text editors, BUT - (here comes the suggestion...) *CRAZY*

IS it possible to create a small utility to allow the user to automatically edit these files using a WYSIWYG visual interface?

This way, the customer can edit the existing ones to add any type they wanted.
They can add one with any frame-rate or Mbps setting needed to try... and see it's effect on the preview of the video being input'd.
You can make the small timing compensation settings adjustable too.

... your company may never have to make another preset again! *YAHOO*

;-)

(WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get)
Administrator
15.01.10 02:56:37
James.T.Kirk:
does the Media Player also support hardware acceleration?
Currently it does not, but such an improvement is planned for the near future. Unfortunately, the deadline is not fixed yet, so at the moment it's hard to provide any information in this respect.

As for .xml files, note that we would not recommend editing them manually. The profiles can be edited when you follow to the Edit Profile window of the program. Here you can also use an option to save your own preset, so that the parameters set once do not need to be adjusted again. Regarding BluRay and DVD presets, an option to edit them is disabled in the program, because these formats' specifications are quite demanding and it's not advisable to change any of the predefined parameters, in order for the output files to be played correctly.

Best regards
05.06.12 02:09:24
Any update on the 59.94 fps?
Lex
Administrator
05.06.12 08:19:23
To: Automate

Hello,

The latest version of AVS Video Editor allows to have video with 59.94 fps. You should convert either to Mpeg format or to Blu-Ray.

Best regards
05.06.12 17:32:47
To: Lex
Thanks,
What about ReMaker?
If you have a 59.94 video video file and you want to trim out a section of the file will it stay 59.94?
Does the input and/or output file need to be in a specific format?
Lex
Administrator
06.06.12 08:39:06
To: Automate

Hello,

In fact, the fps is to be kept.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  134