AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.02.09 00:10:30
i just bought this software about an hour ago. I went to convert a file which i downloaded to a dvd file so i could burn it to DVD. It was going very slow so i decided to watch a movie on my pc. About five minutes later my pc just turns off,not shut down by itself just went off without logging off. Needless to say this can cause very many problems even the terrible problem of not being able to use your pc anymore due to windows not being shut down properly.I didnt know, at first, what caused it i loaded up the same exact things thinking it was just my PC. Same thing happened again. So when I logged in again I just used Windows media alone..Worked fine.After the movie i began conversion again, and again the PC turns off. This was the only program running at the time so i know its the software.Please if someone had this problem or someone just knows whats going on and how to fix it please let me know. I really hate to spend that much money on something that has the potential to destroy my pc.
Administrator
26.02.09 22:52:37
To: timhatesall

We are really disappointed that you have had such problems when using our software. In order to find out the actual reason for your computer shut down, please could you specify the following information:

1. First we need detailed information on your PC system. You can use AVS System Info in order to generate a report. Please attach the report here.

2. Provide us with the information on the OS of your computer (XP or Vista, service pack, 32- or 64-bit).

3. As we have understood, you have been using AVS Video Converter, haven`t you? Is this the program that caused PC shut down or have you used any other AVS software?

4. If you have any other high performance multimedia programs installed on your PC, such as Windows Movie Maker which require the same as AVS or more virtual memory size, or any powerful computer game please try using it for a while. Do you notice that these programs are running slow as well?

5. Try to convert any other file using AVS Video Converter (file of a different format saved on your hard disc). Try to DVD, to AVI, to WMV conversion, etc. Does the problem still persist?

6. Also try to playback the movie in AVS Video Converter, i.e. open any file in the program, click on Edit, use Play button and try to playback the movie up to the end. Does the problem occur?

Hope to hear from you soon
28.02.09 07:01:41
To: nadin

ok im using a msi mother board and i have an nivida video card..the big one i think its the brg 2.6 and i have 1500 gigs of memory with 8 gigs ram.i used the software for converting files to dvd form. i have other programs and i play an mmo that work fine and run smoothly. The software being slow isnt the problem the problem is the pc just shutting down unexpectedly.if you need anything else let me know. im also using vista ultimate. thanks
Administrator
02.03.09 01:27:16
timhatesall:
if you need anything else let me know.

Please could you provide us with all the information asked for in the previous post (follow the instruction step by step). We really need it in order to clear up your problem.

Thank you in advance
02.03.09 01:28:16
i want to convert my downloaded movies but video convertor 6 won't do it when the conversion is 10 to 12% done my computer shut off please help me. thanks
Administrator
27.04.09 01:06:11
To: jjphagura@shaw.ca

Please note my posts above.

Best regards
27.04.09 12:51:19
I have window xp and donot have any game installed and i never use window movie maker and my computer shut off in all conversions i.e to avi to dvd to others also. I know the problem with this software because when i try to do conversion then after 10 to 12% conversion my computer shut off otherwise if video conversion is not running then is's doing well and i try different different files samething happens with all.I am sending you the report also please let me know if you need any other thing but please fix it asap and let me know by e-mail and i am sending you report by e- mail because it shows file not uploading thanks
Attached files:
Administrator
28.04.09 00:56:16
jjphagura@shaw.ca:
and i never use window movie maker

Actually we have asked you to try using Windows Movie Maker as a test, in order to find out whether other programs which require almost the same virtual memory size are exhibiting the same behaviour. You can find it following Start > Programs > Windows Movie Maker. Please still try using it and saving the movie to WMV. Does your PC shut off as well?

Unfortunately, you have attached an .exe file instead of the report. Please install AVS System Info on your computer, open the program, click on Report tab, choose Open Report Folder and attach the .mht file you`ll see to your message. Thank you in advance.

Apart from that, please still specify the following details on your OS: service pack, 32- or 64-bit and:
nadin:
Also try to playback the movie in AVS Video Converter, i.e. open any file in the program, click on Edit, use Play button and try to playback the movie up to the end. Does the problem occur?

Hope to hear from you soon
28.04.09 02:28:30
Hello,Ihave window xp 32 bit and when i play movie in the edit button of video convertor it was playing very well and all movies play well but cannot able to convert because it shut off the computer and in case of movie maker windows one it is working good and computer is also working good no problem
Attached files:
29.04.09 05:41:40
hello, i think i answer all your questions and movie maker on my computer working good kindly let me know is that possible you can fix this problem .thanks
Administrator
30.04.09 04:29:54
To: jjphagura@shaw.ca

Please could you check up in the system log which error exactly occurs before the computer shut down.
1. Follow Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.
3. Click Application on the left and find entries of the Error type occured at the moment of the PC shut down.
4. Double-click on each Error you can see and make a screenshot of the new window (note the example screenshot attached).
5. Also click on System and search for the errors here as well.
6. Please attach all the screenshots here.

Also launch Task Manager as soon as the conversion is started and make a screenshot of the Performance tab.
Apart from that, please specify whether you have a laptop or desktop, specify its model.

Thank you in advance for all the information
Attached files:
1798.88 KB
05.02.11 10:07:47
To: timhatesall

I have the exact problem. When I use AVS Converter, it shut down my laptop all the times - at least 20 times.

My Laptop: Dell Latitude D630, Windows Vista, 6 GB memory. Following is the event viewer error message:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 2/5/2011 11:13:34 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Ling-Laptop
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-02-05T16:13:34.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>9784</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Ling-Laptop</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Al
Support Manager
07.02.11 02:41:52
To: i888

Please, reinstall the software following the instructions.
Download latest version of the program.
It will resolve the issue.
22.04.11 07:01:05
I have read all the discussion here as I have the same problem - since I installed AVS Video Converter yesterday and want to use it, PC turns off after few minutes without any warning. I tried to remove AVS and reinstall exactly in the way described in the instructions, started AVS again after the reinstallation and have the same problem - PC turns off again 2-3 minutes after I start Video Converted and converting the file.
What can I do or should I just think that to remove AVS, not to use it ever again and to think I wasted the money to buy licence is the best solution?
Thanks for your help!
25.04.11 07:13:23
To: johnsmith

Hello,

Could you please give more details about the problem:

- what files do you convert? their format, size, origin?
- does the error occurs converting certain file or any file you have?
- specify your PC configuration - Operating System, CPU, Ram.

Regards.
25.04.11 09:51:42
To: Vlad

Dear Vlad
here are the details: it happenned first when I tried to convert DVD (with movie recorded from TV) to avi format. But then it happenned exactly the same trying to convert DVD to mpeg or mp4. The file is large (it is about 2.5GB on DVD).
It happens after approx. 3 or 4 minutes when the program converted about 30-40MB.
I have not tried to convert for example mpeg to avi.

PC Configuration - laptop
Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 2

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 2GHz
3GB RAM

I do not know whether you need anything more to know

Thanks
26.04.11 02:50:32

I would highly recommend checking core processor temp via a program like cpu-z as when converting video formats the processor can get pretty toastie.

Mine did and this was the cause for my system shutting down each time.

I remedied this by replacing the cooling cement on the processor and cleaning out any dust build up that could cause airflow issues.

HTH.
26.04.11 04:12:59

Thank you for the details.

Try following DaddyCee advice. It's valuable*SUPER*
Online:
Users:  1  Luisa Gomez
Guests:  229