AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.02.09 16:31:11
Hello,

Can I delte audio from a video so I can add new video? If so how do I do it?

Thanks,
Kevin
21.02.09 16:32:49
To: adigitaldj1@sbcglobal.net

Sorry I meant delete audio from a video so I can add new audio?
Administrator
23.02.09 23:28:22
To: adigitaldj1@sbcglobal.net

After you add video to main video line and audio to audio mix line, please make use of Volume and Balance settings in order to mute audio from your video: set "0" for main video and "100" for audio mix (see screenshot).

Regards
Attached files:
23.02.09 23:29:22
Is it possible to control the volume of specific clips so that you can block that clip's audio and play the audio mix without having it affect the audio levels on every video clip? So far it seems to be either I can use audio mixer to do voice over or I can use the clip audio, but not both within the same project. Suggestions would be very much appreciated.
23.02.09 23:30:22
How can I mute or lower volume of a selected piece of video in the timeline, i.e. I have a piece of film that has loud bacckground music and want to lower or mute that section so it soes not interfere with the music track, but without lowering the entire timeline, I could do it in my old version??
Administrator
18.03.09 02:22:52
To: circlej
To: madfish

Unfortunately, as audio effects (such as mute) have been removed from the current version of AVS Video Editor, it is not possible to lower volume of a particular part of video track. You can only mute or lower the whole video using Volume and Balance feature.

Anyway thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. The problem has been addressed to our developers.

Best regards
21.03.09 10:19:46
nadin:
To: circlej
To: madfish

Unfortunately, as audio effects (such as mute) have been removed from the current version of AVS Video Editor, it is not possible to lower volume of a particular part of video track. You can only mute or lower the whole video using Volume and Balance feature.

Anyway thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. The problem has been addressed to our developers.

Best regards

ohh man !! I really need this feature on the video I am working on.
need to mute the selected clip.

In version 3.5 it was so simple to do just mute the clip.
when do we expect a fix on this ?

I really need this feature.
21.03.09 10:20:46
I know this new version 4 cannot mute single clips like version 3.5 did.
when will they be a new version including this feature.
I do tons of videos on youtube and I need this feature back.

I tried reinstalling 3.5 but looks like the program got corrupted after I put the new life time user key I purchased from you guys.

looks like it put something in the registry that wont let me use the old 3.5 version.

I am going to format my comp to see if I can reinstall 3.5 and keep using the features till there is a better version.

please!!! is there a new version comming out including the fade volume off on single clips and speed feature as well ?

please let me know.
Administrator
24.04.09 05:30:27
To: SOLIDSNAKE1976

We would not advise you to install the previous version of AVS Video Editor, as it might work erratically along with the newest AVS software. The function to mute parts of your video track is not available in Video Editor 4, however, it will be implemented in the new version our developers are currently working on. We`d recommend you to wait for the update.

For the moment, however, there is a workaround you can use in order to mute parts of your video clip. Here is the procedure:
1. Add your video to Line for Main Video.
2. Add the same video to Audio Mix line.
3. Click the track in Audio Mix line and cut out parts of audio you would like to mute (use Split button and Delete key).
4. Open Volume and Balance settings and set main video volume to zero.

Hope this instruction is helpful :-)
28.04.09 12:03:50
To: nadin

Guys, this is a really basic flaw.
I just registered and have come across this problem within minutes.
Even software coming with digital cameras provides this service.
I'd like to point out I'm relative beginner at this as well.

Can you send an software update asap on this, as the workaround is not at all convenient.
Administrator
29.04.09 01:17:51
To: pjlever@gmail.com

The new version of AVS Video Editor including audio editing functions and much more will be available on our website asap.

Best regards
29.04.09 01:18:51
I have I'm stringing together multiple video segments into a longer video. I'd like the ambient sound for some of the shorter videos but want music to play over other sections, with the recorded sound removed. How do I go about this?

Also, for some of the shorter sections, I'd like to reduce the playback speed for the longer video.

Can't seem to find answers in the online support section. Is that sort of editing too advanced for this software?
Administrator
26.05.09 22:24:37
To: MattHelms

You can just add the ambient track onto the sections on timeline refering to the shorter videos and apply music for the other parts. In order to remove the video sound, set the appropriate values in Volume and Balance settings (see post#4075 above).

As for the playback speed, as already discussed within the following thread, this feature will be available in the next version of the program only which will be released in a couple of weeks.

Best regards
26.05.09 22:25:37
Do I gather from reading another post that there is no such thing as adding an audio file like I see in the Help files? The only way to adjust the video is from Volume and Balance.

I have several videos where one of the key individuals speaks softly (my wife) and I want to raise her voice.

Suggestions appreciated - John
Administrator
01.06.09 00:23:07
johnpsm:
The only way to adjust the video is from Volume and Balance.

As already outlined, extended audio editing options will be available in the next version of AVS Video Editor.

johnpsm:
one of the key individuals speaks softly (my wife) and I want to raise her voice

As I have understood, all the speakers are recorded in one channel, am I correct? If they would have been recorded separately, you could have changed the volume in one channel (using the next version of AVS Audio Editor) and leave the volume in the other channel untouched. However, as the voices are mixed up and our software does not let you separate them, such task cannot be accomplished, unfortunately.

Regards
03.06.09 12:23:54
Impossible to load audio file into video editor process???
Anybody knows how it works?
Administrator
04.06.09 00:40:31
To: dandayan

Please folllow this link to our Online Help to learn more on how to add an audio soundtrack to your project in AVS Video Editor.

Best regards
Administrator
04.06.09 00:47:48
To: olga grabchak

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
01.12.09 08:49:53
I need to mute out a small audio section of my video. I have both the AVS Video Editor and the AVS Audio Editor.
If I mute out a section from 10:11 to 10:12 with the Audtior Editor and save it as an AVI file the change doesn't work.
If I use the Video Editor Audio Mix it doesn't work either.

What method can I use to achieve my goal.
Thanks a lot.
01.12.09 10:50:12
To: nadin

In the AVS Video Editor aftering cutting out the audio, in the audio mix line, how do you insure that you only reduce the audio volume on the cut out area and not on the remainder of the entire video? In my case the video is 31 minutes and I am only cutting out the audio on sections 10:10 through 10:12.

Thanks a lot.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  248