AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.02.09 09:56:30
I asked support but no reply yet. Can someone help with this?

I am joining several video clips where the audio ends and starts abruptly.
How can I fade in and out just the audio of the clips at the start and finish of these clips.
I would like the audio to fade to 0 volume as the clip finishes.

A competitors product I tried, has a line through the clip that represents the audio.
Click it anywhere creates drag boxes to allow you to alter or fade the clips audio.
I can find no reference to audio control in this package unless you have a separate audio file.
This software has many good features so this must be there somewhere!

Thank you.
*OK*
06.02.09 09:45:15
Got a response from support that it can't be done.
Oh well, maybe it is something that could be looked at for a future feature.
Administrator
10.02.09 00:51:45
To: TonyS

We are constantly improving our software and will take your feedback into consideration.

Best regards.
07.11.09 16:47:32

I am a new and big fan of AVS software.

I think the ability to fade audio in and out is very basic. Why have dozens and dozens of ways to make transitions and not include something as simple and important as basic audio volume envelope edting?
08.11.09 12:00:14
mc89868:

I am a new and big fan of AVS software.

I think the ability to fade audio in and out is very basic. Why have dozens and dozens of ways to make transitions and not include something as simple and important as basic audio volume envelope edting?

I agree. Windows Movie Maker (free with the OS) has this feature.
Administrator
09.11.09 01:11:01
mc89868:
Why have dozens and dozens of ways to make transitions and not include something as simple and important as basic audio volume envelope edting?
For the moment audio volume envelope editing is available on audio mix line only. As for main video line, this feature will be offered in the next version of the program when a separate line for audio of main video will be embedded.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
02.12.09 13:56:24
TonyS:
Click it anywhere creates drag boxes to allow you to alter or fade the clips audio.

Adding this feature would REALLY enhance the use of the BG audio track.
02.12.09 13:57:50
To: nadin

I agree. In the mean time, can you edit the audio separately in the AVS audio editor and then drop it in?
03.12.09 05:26:34
To: radi0j0hn

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to edit audio of a video in AVS Audio Editor and then import it into AVS Video Editor. You should use Import video from Audio button to open audio track from your video in AVS Audio Editor.

Best regards.
06.02.10 12:44:23
To: Vlad

A workaround that lets you see the timeline for both video and audio is the following.
Make the video, then import the soundtrack into Audio Editor.
Save the audio as an mp3 file.
Back in Video Editor, add this file and drag it to the Audio Mix line.
Open the Volume/Balance control and set the video volume to zero, Audio Mix line to 100.
Then adjust the level of the Audio Mix in sections (by double-clicking to create fade/boost points as described in the help file).

I agree that being able to do this directly on a line showing the sound levels from the video would be highly desirable. In the short term, perhaps an option would be a button/command to copy the sound track directly to the audio mix line without having to go out to the Audio Editor.

Cheers,
Jim (great fan of the AVS suite)
Administrator
08.02.10 03:21:23
ozjimbo:
Make the video, then import the soundtrack into Audio Editor.
Save the audio as an mp3 file.
Back in Video Editor, add this file and drag it to the Audio Mix line.
You can just drag and drop the video from media library to audio mix line, without any need to use AVS Audio Editor, in case you do not need to make any adjustments such as adding effects etc.
01.03.10 01:31:51
Vlad:
To: radi0j0hn

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to edit audio of a video in AVS Audio Editor and then import it into AVS Video Editor. You should use Import video from Audio button to open audio track from your video in AVS Audio Editor.

Best regards.

Does this work ???
I've tried this in "other" prog's & it puts the clip out of sync... particularly if it's a long clip

my 2 cents
Administrator
01.03.10 23:55:07
To: scharamella@bigpond.com

Which of our programs have you treid using exactly? Could you describe your actions step by step, specify format and origin of the files, output settings selected.

Looking forward to hearing from you
29.05.10 11:58:57
To: nadin

I am simply gobsmacked that this essential feature isn't available in AVS Video Editor, when can we expect to receive an update so music can fade in and out? (I guess I'll have to use WMM for the time being, the whole point in investing in AVS was to improve on what's offered for free with every laptop, not have to revert to using free software).

I'm afraid I have not been at all impressed with the suite so far, in fact I'm bitterly disappointed in it.

Time scale please ladies and gentlemen...

D.
I've also had to create a blank screen in Windows Paint in order to create a Title frame for my movies, what on earth possessed the programmers to leave out these two utterly basic functions? It's like a car manufacturer releasing a new vehicle with two forward gears and no reverse!! It'll get you to work and back but it's impractical to the point of being worthless...
Nat
31.05.10 07:33:32
To: deanfoley

In the new version of AVS Video Editor that will be available in several months, there will be the possibility to display the audio line from the video placed on the timeline and edit the audio (change audio level, fade in and out the audio).

Please specify what you mean by "Time Scale"? You can try to use the Timer effect in AVS Video Editor and inform us if it is helpful to you.

It is possible to add any color frame in AVS Video Editor - please see the screenshot attached.

Regards
Attached files:
02.06.10 04:39:10
To: Nat

By time scale I meant when can we expect to receive this facility, which you answered in your reply.

I do have one other gripe, for the life of me I can't seem to find a video effect for a slide show, slow zoom, that kind of thing (something one might legitimately wish to place within a movie). Static pictures can really spoil the flow of a presentation.

Is this facility available?

D.
Nat
02.06.10 05:30:07
To: deanfoley

To slowly zoom the images, you first need to apply the zoom effect by dropping it on the timeline, then double click on the effect to go to the Video Effects Properties window and set the Fade in area - the longer the fade in area is the slower the zoom you will get. Please follow this link to find more detailes on how to edit Video Effects.
Regards
04.11.10 04:16:16
Nat:
It is possible to add any color frame in AVS Video Editor - please see the screenshot attached.
I notice that the screenshot is of version 4.2. Where is this feature in version 5.1? It does not appear to be in the same area (see attached screenshot), but the layout has changed, so where can I find it? Currently, I too am creating plain colour jpegs to add a plain background for titles and fades as a work-around. There is a colour button above the timeline, but this is for colour correction, not for generating blank colour images.

Also, you might want to add a help page or entry somewhere (assuming it's not there already) on how to do the fade ins and outs. I only just found out how to do this when writing this reply - it is not obvious!

And for those that want to know how, just examine the second image attached to this post. If you select the envelop line in the middle of the audio clip, it merely raises or lowers the volume of the envelope. If, however you select the ends of the envelope line, you can raise and lower those points independent of the point at the other end of the envelope. To make fades, split the audio clip to where it finishes fading in or starts fading out, and then adjust the other side of the snipped clip.

I'm really starting to like this video editor - it is much more powerful than first appears, but the nuances of the interface don't make some things (like being able to add extra overlay, audio, and title tracks) obvious.
04.11.10 06:19:01
Well, I found out how to add colour now - it's in the context menu of list of imported media. =-O

This is not an obvious thing, since I never used the previous versions and wouldn't know that it was there. This just reinforces my comment from the previous post that some things just aren't obvious because of the interface. I don't think you'd lose much screen space if you added an ADD COLOR button under SCREEN CAPTURE one.
Attached files:
08.11.10 13:09:44
To: LauraEss

We are glad that you have found out how to add color in new version. Color is usually associated with image and it works as image file in AVS Video Editor, that it why it is in Media Library now. We are sorry if it mey be of any inconvenience. In any way thank you for your comments.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  153