AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
28.06.09 22:57:06
To: jamhen

That'd be great if you sent us this file for testing. I will send you the instruction on the support page.

Thank you in advance
30.06.09 01:06:35
To: nadin

Thank you Nadin for your email.
I have tried to follow your instructions. Unfortunately have had no success. there are several problems: 1. I don't know where to find the FTP login, 2. I renamed the file and copied it to the clipboard as you instructed,but could not paste it in the FTP server. all I got when following the link was the Index page which would not allow any addition. 3. the upload before I zipped the file indicated a time required of 18 hours: Wow. Zipping the file reduced to 29 minutes.

I would very much appreciate instructions on hoe to proceed.
Regards,
jamhen
Administrator
30.06.09 03:12:49
To: jamhen

First note that AVS Video Converter 6.3 is now available on our website. Please install it and try converting your file.
If the file cannot be imported into the program, please still send it to us. Check up the support page for the further instruction.

Regards
04.07.09 04:20:01
I bought this software to convert mov. files. I want to be able to put them on DVD or CD but I keep getting messag "File format error" ater I browse and click on file name.
Attached files:
7636.97 KB
Administrator
06.07.09 02:29:54
To: maza

Are you using the new version of AVS Video Converter (6.3.1.367)?
Please could you upload the file to our FTP server, as it cannot be opened here, unfortunately.

Thank you in advance
Administrator
06.07.09 02:37:03
To: irmalee

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
06.07.09 02:38:03
I have used the video converter to take TOD files to AVI with no problems, but when I try to convert Quicktime MOV files I can't even import them, I get "file format error" message
Administrator
05.08.09 01:26:51
To: healthydog

Does this happen in the latest version of AVS Video Converter? Make sure the software is updated.
If the problem persists, please send us this file for testing. The instruction will be sent to you per e-mail.

Regards
05.08.09 14:57:13
I get a file format error when trying to upload a MOV file into the AVS Video converter. What might the problem be?
05.08.09 15:00:53
To: Pebs

By the way I am using the latest version of the software
Administrator
05.08.09 23:03:04
To: Pebs

Could you send us this file. I'll contact you per e-mail.

Best regards
09.08.09 07:20:53
I posted last week that I bought the AVS software (6.3), it worked fine for TOD to AVI conversion, but when I tried converting Quicktime to AVI I got the "file format error". I recieved support emails from Nadezhda Shipova and Ksenia Borisova within hours of my post and email inquiries (very impressed). They requested that I upload the Quicktime file to the FTP site. I uploaded two days ago, but have not heard anything, and have not gotten any response to my email requests to please verify that the quicktime files were received. I have attached a Quicktime source file to this message.
Attached files:
10.08.09 03:05:05
I have sent multiple email and forum messages, I have uploaded to the FTP site, I have attached to messeges in this forum, no response. I cannot convert Quicktime MOV files, get the message "file format error". Are you working on this? Please confirm receipt of quicktime file!?!?!? I am using the latest version of AVS, purchase several days ago.
Administrator
10.08.09 03:15:50

Sorry for the delay. We needed some time to test your file. The fix will be available within the next update which is to be released at an early date. You will be contacted per e-mail with some additional information.

Best regards
12.08.09 14:15:03
From reading through this thread, it looks like everybody is having trouble converting MOV and AVI files right now.

But I wanted to also ask for help in this area. I have the latest version of AVS Video Converter (6.3.1.367), and when I try to convert an MOV file, I get an error message saying "FILE FORMAT ERROR."

Attached to this post are a screenshot of the issue and the MOV file I tried to upload. Any help here would be highly appreciated.
Attached files:
3252.8 KB
12.08.09 14:16:22
To: andypetefan

Sorry... there's the screenshot.
12.08.09 14:26:48
To: nadin

Any news on when the new version will be released? I really need to convert my video ASAP. Please see my posts. Thank you for your help.
13.08.09 10:07:29

Okay, here's some interesting information for you. I loaded your new .dlls and repaired AVS on both my desktop - XP - and my laptop - Vista.
I have run several tests on a couple of different files. Here's what I get:
On the Vista laptop, everything works fine, but the QuickTime MOV files that are converted to AVI on the laptop, in Vista, play very "small" on the laptop Windows media player, i.e. the movie is only about 3"X3" in the middle of the black screen. I can also take that converted AVI file and open it on my desktop (XP), and it plays fine, but is also "small" on the screen.
If I convert a (QuickTime to AVI) file on my desktop (XP) it won't play on the windows media player on the desktop, where it was converted. When I try to open it on the desktop (XP) Windows media player I just get colorful distorted lines (and the file icon on the right of the screen shows a small red X). But that file that I converted on the desktop, and can't play on the desktop, plays fine on the laptop (Vista) large size, filling the full screen.
This makes me think that it is not my windows media player on the desktop that has a problem, but some kind of software glitch about the size/look of the file when it fills the window on the Windows media player.
I checked for updates on the media player, and it said there are none, but I will uninstall and reinstall anyway, and let you know.

More tests, more information for you. I un-installed and re-installed the Windows media player, and that didn't make any difference.
I tried converting another file (QuickTime to AVI) on the Vista laptop, and this time after the conversion, the video did play "full size", i.e. it filled the media player screen BUT when I took the file to the XP desktop computer, this time, it wouldn't play the (Vista) converted file. So sometimes in Vista it converts the file and it plays "small" on the Window media screen, only about 3" square, and when that happens, it will also play on the XP computer, but sometimes it converts the file full size, and when that happens, it will only play on Vista, not XP. And the when the XP computer does the conversion it is "full size" and won't play on the XP media player, but plays fine on the Vista.
Why would AVS sometimes convert the QuickTime files and it opens small, and other files it converts and it opens big (full screen)? All the files were created on the same Kodak camera.
Also, the audio always plays fine, I misspoke before when I said the audio was distorted.
Administrator
14.08.09 04:35:22
To: andypetefan

I will contact you per e-mail with some additional information on the problem.

healthydog:
when I took the file to the XP desktop computer, this time, it wouldn't play the (Vista) converted file
Try updating DivX/Xvid codecs on your XP computer. You can download the latest codec pack here.

Please inform me on the result
15.08.09 06:09:15

I downloaded that codec, but no help. Now the XP won't play video converted on the XP computer or some (???) video files converted on the Vista computer.
I tried playing previously converted video, and I also converted another video after the download, and tried that. I rebooted the computer before trying the media player.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  91