AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.05.12 18:40:58
To: advocate

Got any luck on this yet? Please share how this is resolved.
Lex
Administrator
05.05.12 08:21:26
To: peleus

Hello,

The solution is to reinstall AVS4YOU software.

Best regards.
22.01.13 01:59:42
I know this has been addressed before because I googled it and saw the very same problem mentioned as quoted here:

2 posts - 2 authors - Jan 4, 2012
"Problem is, I cannot hear the audio through the speakers while it is recording and can only see the visual of the audio waveform."

When I do a search for that problem in the search box right here on the forum, I am always told there are no results.

My Line In is operational. I have recorded from a cassette player to my computer using Line In via the AVS Audio Recorder, but just as stated in the google search I quoted above I can see the waveform but cannot hear what I am recording while I am recording which makes it impossible to start and stop when necessary.
When I play back what was soundlessly being recorded, the sound is great so I know it is recording properly.

Please help me figure out how to hear through the speakers what is being recorded as it is recording. I want to use the computer I'm working on now which is an HP PavilionSlimline s5-1224 desktop running Windows 7.

I have used AVS Audio Recorder on an old ACER desktop I have which is running XP and can hear the audio as I am recording, so I know it's not AVS Audio Recorder. I know there has to be a way to do the same on this new HP Pavilion. I don't want to have to use my old ACER every time I want to record with Line In.

I am currently using a 5.1 surround sound configuration for my speakers, but also tried stereo and quadraphonic. All speaker configurations yield the same results, no sound while recording.

I also tried Stereo Mix which showed no waveform even though I had designated it as the device to use under Sounds/Recording.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
22.01.13 03:21:11
To: fiddleplayer51

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I went to the Start Menu/Control Panel/Sound. Open the Recording tab and highlight Line In; click on the Properties button.
In the window that opens, click on the Listen tab and put a check mark by "Listen to this device".
Make sure Line In is the default.
Works like a charm!
Nat
22.01.13 07:09:02
To: fiddleplayer51

Thank you for the information.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  58