AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.12.16 19:30:33
Hi! I bought AVS Video Editor 2 months ago. I think it's very simple, extremely easy to use and its features gives a good result in a practical way. This things make me love it *OK*
I was preparing a 3 minutes length video which is be formed from 8-10 small parts. When I prepared all the parts, I lined up the parts and added watermark. The preview was good. But at the rendered video, there was weird pixelations (I was not using Pixelate effect) at the some parts of the final video. I thought that the problem is only for once, and it will never occur again.
But while I was preparing a video for homework, I saw that the problem is bigger than I thought. I was preparing two videos (3 minutes and 2 minutes). At the final videos (especially the second one), there was terrible quality loss with pixelation and low frame rate. I saved the day with Movie Maker, and searched the net (and the forum) about the problem. But I found nothing!

Then I decided to examine it deeper, and get help from you. Because I really care about video quality, and I plan to make longer videos in future. This problem is unacceptable for me.
To learn the actual reason, I installed the demo version to my second computer and copied the project files as they are to it. Then I get 3 render with different settings from the 2 computer. I have zipped all the files (2,69 GB) and information about that experiment (I don't know how to upload it to you). I can share it with you to help you fix the problem.

Here's my report:
"""
Render #1: (Desired settings)
AVI, "Full HD video: H.264/AVC, 1080p, 4200 kbps; Audio: MP3, 256 kbps" preset selected and only frame rate changed from 25 to 30.
Render #2: (Tried to set the nearest possible settings to the source video)
AVI, Full HD, H.264/AVC, 1920x1080, 50000 kbps, Sample Size: 32 bit, Sample Rate: 44100 Hz, Bitrate: 320 kbps
Render #3: (Used a default preset without changing anything)
AVI, "Full HD video: H.264/AVC, 1080p, 4200 kbps; Audio: MP3, 256 kbps", Frame Rate: 25 fps
Note:
"test1.avi", "test2.avi" and "test3.avi" rendered at Computer #1.
"test-1.avi", "test-2.avi" and "test-3.avi" rendered at Computer #2.
SUMMARY:
I think it is not because of hardware incompability, because I tried on 2 different computer and all of the results are corrupted.
I think it is not because of source videos, because there is no problem with Movie Maker.
The quality loss show up on different places of render across computers, even with same settings.
But if I re-render the video in the same computer with same settings, the places and quantity of quality loss doesn't change.
So I think maybe AVS Video Editor is hurrying up during the render progress. Then the quality gets low on the result's some parts
(especially long, complicated and HD projects).
As I said before, I don't know much about video encoding, but I wrote my observations and predictions.
"""

Hope it helps and have a good day :-)

*SOS**SOS**SOS*
Nat
22.12.16 11:53:11
To: osmanny38

Dear user,

Actually by default AVS Video Editor creates cache for HD files after importing them, and playback the cached file on the preview, so the editing process may be more convenient. You can change the quality of the video preview both on the timeline and on medialibrary by clicking on the Edit button on the top toolbar - choose Settings - General tab - Preview section: choose "High (Slowest)" in "Quality" drop down box to get the best available quality for the timeline video playback. Please note that processing/editing speed will be lower. If you check the option "Use original format in media library" - you will get the best available quality for the preview from media library.

Please note that preview quality does not influence anyhow the output video quality. To get the output file of high quality please select the input file parameters like frame rate, frame size and bitrate for the output by clicking on the Advanced button after selecting the format. To check the input file parameters right click on the video in media library - choose Properties.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
23.12.16 18:58:26
To: Nat

There's no problem with preview... Also "Use original format in media library" is checked.

I mean:
I'm importing 30fps HD video, setting "Frame Rate" value to 30fps in "Produce..." menu; but when I watch the output, there is a quality loss like the video is captured in 144p, and rough like it's 15fps (Pixelation appears only some of outputs, but low fps is very common). And it writes 1280x720 and 30fps in both Windows's and AVS Video Editor's "Properties" dialog.
I have played this video both SMPlayer, VLC and Windows Media Player; but it's still the same.
And this didn't occur with Movie Maker, so I'm sure the videos I import are not corrupt.

I have uploaded an example to YouTube in order to explain the problem better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B85G0RbJBnA

It was the fastest reply I've ever got from a support service, thanks :-)
Nat
24.12.16 10:50:30

Dear user,

Please send us the screenshot of the input file properties: right click on the file in media library - choose Properties - make screenshot and send it to us.

Please also specify the bitrate you selected for the output.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
24.12.16 15:55:01

I've attached the screenshot.

I set the bitrate 8000 kbps with the video I show in comparison (which is the recommended value for YouTube videos).
But there is no visible pixelation with 50000 kbps, 4000 kbps and 28000 kbps; however there's still low frame rate issue.

Also this problems occur almost never in videos shorter than 1 minute.
Nat
27.12.16 09:29:14

Dear user,

Thank you for the information.

Please send the input file to our FTP server, so we could test it and resolve the issue.

I have send you the instructions on how to upload your file to FTP via AVS4YOU support system.

Please inform as soon as the file is uploaded.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
28.12.16 16:50:54

Uploaded. The folder name is:
"Osman Nuri Yıldız (osmanny38)"
I only uploaded the input videos; I can also upload the project file if you want. :-)
Nat
30.12.16 12:53:23

Thank you for the file and information.

We will now test it and inform about the result.

Please try to do the following:
1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.
4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.

Please let us know about the results.

Best regards.
Attached files:
4684.27 KB
30.12.16 18:14:49

Unfortunately, it's still the same...
The same problem occur on same locations of the videos with same settings.
Have you faced with the same problem with the input videos I sent?
30.04.20 21:01:11
Hello,

I'm a new-ish user of this software, and have recently come across this exact same problem- there are moments in the final rendered video where the image quality drops for no reason. My original footage is in 2160p at 60fps, and I'm rendering down to 1080p so I know that the original footage isn't the issue. I've re-rendered the project 3 separate times, and all three have moments where it suddenly becomes incredibly pixelated for no reason, and it happened at different moments each time. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Developer
03.05.20 18:47:29
To: OptimusOctavius

First of all, please check next option:
Settings -> Processing -> Resize - Type = Super.

Also, if you create the slideshow with images, videos and transitions, you need to use special profiles (presets) "Video for slideshow".
23.05.20 18:29:35
To: RomaRio

This was very helpful. Thank you!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  10