AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.11.16 16:22:25
I've recently produced a few videos using AVS vid editor [ from screen capture sections ] - these are AVI/MP3 see screenshot attached. Done on my win 10 desktop and delivered on a usb flash drv. These videos were for an aging freind to help him with some woodworking projects. He recently purchased a compaq presario laptop using win Me [ 3 Gb hdd] for a1$ : ). Well, the videos didn't play correctly - audio was broken up, sounded like 2 were playing at once with an echo but only one was playing; video was limited to the fixed default display for Microsft Media Player 2000 ver 7.00.00.1442 with no internet access. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas on a fix for this....
1. Did I select the wrong set of production options when producing these vid. considering the capabilities of the 2000 win Me machine ?
1. a. Just produce the videos again using options that Microsft Media Player 2000 can deal with ? what would that be ?
2. He had an optical drive [ I didn't want him to have to screw around with a dvd to view, stop, rewind, etc. ] would even a dvd be limited to the same issues?
3. Does the Microsft Media Player 2000 just need a modernized version of codecs ?
4. I could download Microsft Media Player 9 and install on his machine [ unfortunately it apparently has no uninstall feature ??? ] [ installing Acrobat reader 6 took 40 minutes .... ugh! ]
5. Would some version of RealPlayer either that vintage or newer that still works with Me be a simpler solution ?

Thanks for any suggestions. Don
Attached files:
Nat
03.11.16 12:52:40
To: Donbo

Dear Don,

The PC should not have enough resources to process such video.

Please try to convert your video to MP4 format and choose PC Standard quality - see the screenshot attached.

You can also try to use AVS Media Player to playback the file.

Inform about the result.

Kind regards
Attached files:
03.11.16 16:53:50
To: Nat

Thanks , Nat. I'll try that.
16.11.16 22:37:13
Ok . they all played fine as mp4 on my laptop and desktop with WMP and AVSMP. So I just got a chance to get back to him with those. They wouldn't play at all. CAme up with win saying '... file format not recognized...' . I tried clearing up his hdd to make room for WMP9 which I eventually installed although it didn't want to run at all [ couldn't find any .exe files to run it and I hadn't uninstalled the old old WMP - that seems to be a lost cause so I'll tackle this issue another way. I had the newer codecs with me but the WMP9 install kept warning of dangerously low disk space so I didn't bother. I had hoped to free up 1Gb of space with all I deleted from his Laptop but didn't even come close [ something suspicious there ... ]. Not even space on there to give him my 4 movies; although producing these mp4's was quicker than the avi's and gave smaller files.
So this is now just a nagging HOW TO project. My actual plan now is to resuscitate my old old Vista laptop , put these movies on there and leave it with him until he's done with his project. Hopefully I'll get my vista laptop back [ I gave him an old desktop many years ago and never heard of its demise ].
Thanks for your help - any other obvious fixes for the play-ablilty would be interesting re. the HOW TO project. Don
Nat
17.11.16 11:07:31
To: Donbo

Dear Don,

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately we cannot help you, as the Windows ME OS is too out of date and have small possibilities compared to latest OS.

The only thing you can do is use some other Media Player that is compatible with Windows ME OS and try to playback the file there.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  171