AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.12.08 11:14:16
Hello there,

This is the second time i have created a project (unactivated v3 and now, because vs 4 is not backwards compatible, again on an activated vs4). In version 3 video overlay started with volume muted. It appears this is the same default with version 4 but i cannot find any way of unmuting the sound.

While looking through help files and viewing some online help, I saw a video overlay properties window that had tabs, which apparently would include such features as volume control. The problem is, the version i am running has no property tabs whatsoever. All of the property windows provide uneditable information.

Am i looking in the wrong place for volume control for overlay clips or is there a problem with the properities windows? Or what?

Rob
06.12.08 11:18:04
To: epa_che

P.s. Here is a pic of the video overlay properties window.
Attached files:
06.12.08 11:19:04
Hello there,

How can I unmute the audio from a video overlay clip?

The edit overlay window has mute and volume controls, but it does not work. SEE PICS - muted/not muted.

Volume balance is 50/50 There is no problem with the audio on the video clip. I exported the audio track can import it as an audio clip (But then I have timing problems).

What else might be causing this?

Rob
Dam
Administrator
08.12.08 03:20:53
To: epa_che

Hello,

In fact, mute function in the Video Overlay window serves only for the preview. The sound is mute for the video overlaying by default.

There is only one way to use audio from the video overlay. That is to drag the file you use for the overlay to the Line for the audio mix. After that set Volume and Balance parameters (see the attachment).

In any case, we are working on that issue at the moment, and that option will be available in the next versions of the AVS Video Editor.

Best Regards
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  160