AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.12.13 15:45:17
Hello,

I've been using AVS Video Editor consistently for the past three or four years, and though I have encountered a few glitches here and there, I have been happy with the product, making hours and hours of films without any hassle.

I updated to the latest version of Editor a few weeks ago after I edited my summer vacation film using the *previous* version. Now it seems my new version of Video Editor *won't* load my summer project - or at least, part of it (I always split my projects into smaller sub-projects so my complete project is not too big to handle by my computer). Some parts will load, others won't (in which case Video Editor hangs on splash screen).

Do you have any idea as to what causes the problem? What should I do? I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole program yet.

Thanks for helping me out.
David
Nat
10.12.13 09:45:52
To: David GP

Dear David,
To avoid the problem please try to completely reinstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew and try to use the program once again, inform about the result.

Please make sure you export your media library before you uninstall AVS Video Editor, so you can import it again in the reinstalled version of the program - see the screenshot attached.

Best regards.
Attached files:
13.12.13 11:39:49
To: Nat

Hello again,

I followed your instructions (I deleted all AVS software then reinstalled Video Editor), but I have found no improvement.

It is hard to know why the program won't launch - sometimes it will, sometimes it just won't. I am pretty sure this has to do with the fact the projects I am trying to open were made with a previous version of Video Editor ; it has happened before.

Backwards compatibility is really eassential to me. Is there anyway I can download an earlier version of Video Edtior so I can check whether my theory is correct? The project I am trying to open was made with the version that was released just before the one that is currently available.

One more question: I am considering installing Video Editor on a newer, faster laptop. Is it possible to work on the *same* project on both laptops? All the video and audio files I will be using will be copied on both laptops in the exact same folders, but it is very likely the path leading to those folders will differ slightly (hard drive on laptop1 = C: ; hard drive on laptop2 = H:). Can Video Editor adjust to those variables so I can open the same project file on both laptops or not? I suspect Video Editor will tell me the files used in my project cannot be found when going from one machine to the other.

Thanks.
David
Nat
17.12.13 06:05:38
To: David GP

Dear David,

Projects from the previous version of AVS Video Editor can be opened without any problems on the latest version, we have tested the issue.
The problem is in some compatibility issue of your PC and AVS Video Editor.

Please try to repair AVS files:
1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:
If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

If you need to use the software on some other PC, you will need to transfer al the files and the project file to it and when opening the project on the new PC, AVS Video Editor will offer you to browse for all the files from the project, after that please save yur project once again and you will be able to edit it.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
16.06.18 21:03:36
I was using Video Editor ver 7.2 yesterday and closed out, tried to re launch and it won't launch. I uninstalled, downloaded and installed the latest version and it still won't launch. I am operating on Vista, 32 bit, but that has never seemed to be a problem. The error message is "abnormal program termination". Video converter and Audio editor still open and work fine. Any suggestions?
Nat
19.06.18 09:35:33
To: mliberio

Dear user,

Please try to repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:
%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  222