AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.01.13 22:12:15
I'm able to correct a faulty DAR (?) with AVS Video Converter every time but would like to know exactly what it is that I'm doing.

Using MediaInfo to determine the FAR of video, I set the "Frame Size" to that of the original video. Then in the "Advanced" section, I make the correction in the options under the "Aspect Correction" tab.

Since MediInfo reports that the FAR remains the same (as expected) after the picture is corrected, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me what AVS Converter does when resolving an AR problem.

I know there are different type of AR, such as SAR, which I guess is like saying container aspect ratio, since all NTSC DVDs are 1.50:1. Pardon my parochialism: I'm still finding my way with respect to video recoding and editing.

So am I altering the pixel aspect ratio in the "Aspect Correction" section, or is something else being re-calculated?
Nat
23.01.13 04:10:29
To: Djard

Dear User,

You can change the DAR (display aspect ratio) in AVS Video Converter by clicking on the Advanced button - Frame size.
Besides when clicking on the Aspect Correction tab you can select the input and output aspect ratio, the correlation of those two values will help you to select the best display settings.

Usually Display Aspect Ratio (DAR) value is equial to Frame Aspect Ratio (FAR) x Sample Aspect Ratio (SAR), e.g. 16/9 = 1440/1080 x 4/3.
To avoid problems with created file playback on digital and home players, SAR value in AVS programs is set to be 1:1, thus In AVS Video Converter the DAR is equial to FAR (frame aspect ratio) value on the output created video.

Please let me know if my post was of any help to you and if you have any other questions.

Kind regards
01.02.13 20:22:44
To: Nat

Thank you so much. I'm grateful to you for taking the time to clear that up for me.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  420