AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.01.13 18:17:43
Hello,

I'm willing to encode a DVD into a mp4 (H264) but Video Converter will only allow a single-pass encoding. How come?

Thanks a lot.
Attached files:
94.91 KB
84.31 KB
Nat
11.01.13 10:42:46
To: Fañch

Dear User,

The multipass conversion is performed in two steps: the first step, then Nth step.

The second (and the final) stage uses the statistics file information obtained during the first stage. That's why if you assigned your own directory for the statistics file, be sure the file still exists there before starting the actual conversion otherwise no multi–pass conversion will be applied.

Please follow this link to find the detailed instructions on how to perform multipass convertion.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
23.01.13 19:56:44
To: Nat

Thank you Nat for your then-fast reply. And sorry for having not looked after such a tutorial before asking. Still, it brings me to another question, an easy one for you, I'm sure:

Can you confirm that, when starting the 2nd pass, one is supposed to overwrite the file that was created after the 1st pass? (and thus not renaming it) The tutorial shows the same output file name, yet without mentiong any overwriting.

Also, is there no possibility to create a job queue with the 2 passes together one after another in the encoding process? This would allow me not to get back to the computer after each 1st pass if you know what I mean..

Thank you very much in advance for any enlightment.
23.01.13 20:09:27
Fañch:

The tutorial shows the same output file name, yet without mentiong any overwriting.

Ok, actually it does show another filename ("MultipassedVideo".avi in here) - my mistake. Still I don't get it why we can't just overwrite the first file, since what's important in our 2-pass process is the statistics file anyway..

Kind regards
Nat
25.01.13 04:24:22

Dear User,

You can overwrite the video created during the first pass if you do not need it, as on the second pass only the temp first pass file is necessary.

Unfortunately it is not possible to convert 2 passes one after another in a queue, you will need to change the advanced settings after the first step.

Please let me know if I can be of any furthe assistance.

Kind regards
04.02.13 23:51:30

Thank you Nat for your clarification on both questions. I'd have got back earlier if I had been informed of your reply but hey, it seems one's got to get back to the thread so as to check if any news on it.

So overwriting it is then :) Could be a good thing to point this out in the guide-link AVS gives (if it's not me being too snoopy on things).

Too bad there's no job control / queue adding option yet in the software. Or is this idea in the pipeline for an upcoming version? I'll support it.

Cheers.
Nat
05.02.13 10:33:56

Thank you for the suggestions.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  7