AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.10.08 13:50:40
I have been trying this out and have the following comments.

1.When saving a project it takes up far less space on the hard drive, as it appears to only save one file.
2.It is not backward compatible - cannot load vep files.
3. The text overlay is much easier to use.
4. But the transitions are not. I can put a transition into the storyline, but it does not appear to work. If I right click on the transition, I can see it and it appears to work in that window, although I cannot increase the duration. But I cannot see it anywhere else, nor in the avi movie file I created.
5. When I start a new project, the movie clips from the previous project are still loaded.
Dam
Administrator
13.10.08 06:08:34
To: janetwoodturner

Thank you for your comments.

So, articulately:

janetwoodturner:
1.When saving a project it takes up far less space on the hard drive, as it appears to only save one file.

*SUPER*

janetwoodturner:
2.It is not backward compatible - cannot load vep files.

That was done especially.

janetwoodturner:
3. The text overlay is much easier to use.

*SUPER*

janetwoodturner:
4. I cannot increase the duration...

That is possible of course. Please right click on the transition>Transition (see the attachment) and set up the duration.

janetwoodturner:
But I cannot see it anywhere else, nor in the avi movie file I created.

That is strange. Make sure you apply transitions in the right way. Please follow this link to the Online Help for the detailed information.

janetwoodturner:
5. When I start a new project, the movie clips from the previous project are still loaded.

Please launch AVS Video Editor, then Edit>General and untick Automatically open last edited project at startup option.

Best Regards
Attached files:
31.10.08 14:39:59
To: Thank you for your comments. This is the first time I have been able to get into and use the forum since then. With regard to altering the duration of transitions:
Dam:
That is possible of course. Please right click on the transition>Transition (see the attachment) and set up the duration:

The reason I could not increase the duraction, was because the following clip was too short.

5. When I start a new project, the movie clips from the previous project are still loaded.:

Dam:
Please launch AVS Video Editor, then Edit>General and untick Automatically open last edited project at startup option. :

This does not appear to solve this problem. I would expect when you go to File/New Project that a blank empty project would be there. But it still includes the clips from the previous project.

A couple of further questions:

Is there any way to edit the soundtrack on the video clips I import into Video Editor? I have some very windy background noise I would like to quieten

Can I join two projects together?

Otherwise I am still finding it great to use. Thank you for your help.

Dam
Administrator
13.11.08 07:43:55

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

janetwoodturner:
This does not appear to solve this problem. I would expect when you go to File/New Project that a blank empty project would be there. But it still includes the clips from the previous project.

The library has nothing to do with the project. In the following version we will extand the Library facilities and I think that issue will be solved.

janetwoodturner:
Is there any way to edit the soundtrack on the video clips I import into Video Editor?

We plan to include the possibility of the Editing in the Audio Editor to the next version sof the Video Editor.

janetwoodturner:
Can I join two projects together?

We do not plan such a feature.

Best Regards
15.11.08 13:52:22
To: Hi Dam,
Thanks for your reply. I look forward to the issue of the next version. Have you any idea when that will be?

So, if I want to join two projects together, I would have to create an avi file from each of them and then import these into AVS and create another project. Would that be correct? and would it work that way? I would like to do this because I find that my projects are getting too big to manage comfortably.

Many thanks for your help.

Janet

16.11.08 12:21:57
I cant get the preview working. The time code stays at zero and flashes. What do i do?*SOS*
Attached files:
6129.5 KB
Dam
Administrator
20.11.08 06:27:39
Hello,

To: Janet

You can also use zoom options. That will help you to work with big files. (see the attachment)

To: Lukasmb

I downloaded the attached video and had no preview problems. So, please make sure you use the latest version of the AVS Video Editor.

Best Regards
Attached files:
67.41 KB
23.11.08 08:26:05
To: Hi Dam
I have used the zoom facility, but I find that accurately placing text overlays is difficult - because of the compression finding the right spot to place it is difficult. And zooming in and out you tend to lose your place in the time-line.

Janet

Dam
Administrator
24.11.08 02:09:47

Hi Janet,

I see.
I will inform video editor developers about your issue and we will think about it.

Best Regards.
25.11.08 06:00:07
Issue 1 - version 3.5 - I can't get the text entry box to appear in the Text Overlay window - see attached image

Issue 2 - how do I use project files created in 3.5 in version 4.0?

Thanks for any advice
Attached files:
Dam
Administrator
25.11.08 06:33:46
To: bill@emergingsolutions.ca

Hello,

:
Issue 1 - version 3.5 - I can't get the text entry box to appear in the Text Overlay window - see attached image

That is known error. But we stopped the Video Editor 3 development. To solve it, please try to drag the border between timeline and effect areas. If that does not solve the issue, please try to use AVS Video Editor 4.

bill@emerging...:
Issue 2 - how do I use project files created in 3.5 in version 4.0?

We discussed that question in that thread. So, please save your movie created by version 3.5 and edit it in the AVS Video Editor 4.

Best Regards
25.11.08 06:34:46
Can you custimize DVD menu in Version 4 like you could in version 3.5 (change number of chapter butons, location, add text etc.) If not is there a outside program that you could use makethe menu after the project is completed but before you burn the DVD?
Dam
Administrator
27.11.08 00:24:30
To: gsxith3

Hi,

gsxith3:
Can you custimize DVD menu in Version 4 like you could in version 3.5 (change number of chapter butons, location, add text etc.)

Yes, that is possible. To learn how-to-do-it, please follow this link to AVS Online Help.

You can also use AVS DVD Authoring to create a DVD file with menu. Here is the link to Help file for the AVS DVD Authoring program.

Best Regards
25.04.10 05:13:03
I updated my pc with AVS Video editor 4.2 and i cannot open any of my olde projects.
Its a big problem as i have more than 50 projets.

Please help me i downloaded the AVS video editor August 2008 *SOS*
26.04.10 11:39:23
To: hbcsystem

Hello,

Please use the solution suggested in this topic by Dam.

Dam:

please save your movie created by version 3.5 and edit it in the AVS Video Editor 4.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  38