AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Nat
26.04.13 08:22:29
To: genedna

To: peterv43

Dear users,

We are really sorry for any inconvenieces caused.

We would be glad the help you fullfill what you need, but in this case there is no other way, as transition is a pass from one scene to another. In other words it's a combination of two video scenes and it naturally reduces the time of your project for the combination duration.

From Wikipedia: "A film transition is a technique by which scenes or shots are combined."

If you can suggest some other method of transition we greatly appreciate.

Kind regards
Experienced User
29.04.13 20:05:49
To: Nat

I made a solution for the transition issues you have
(I had similar issues)
the transition problems never appear with 'scenic' videos
but show BAD when both clips have dialogues
then then audio overlaps - this is bad
so . . ..
my solution is
take a screen shot (option from preview window)
one from last frame of 1st clip
and one from 1st frame of last clip

and place them both in the timeline between the 2 video clips
make each photo duration be a tad longer than 1/2 the video transition
(if too much longer - the video will seem to 'pause' before and after)
eg each clip duration is 2.1 secs and the transition = 4 secs

I made this tehnique work
which was especially hard when some of the audio from original clips
ran PAST the video in to other scenes !

u can see here http://youtu.be/JhqbBV_AkgI
Nat
30.04.13 06:18:11
To: greggustin

Dear Greggustin,

Your idea is extremely good! Thanks a lot.

The project is very nice.

KInd regads
09.08.13 18:52:26
I am a very new user to the AVS4YOU and experimenting as I go along. I want to use the program basically as a slide show program where I import photos and have transitions between them. I started a show from scratch, imported photos in Media, went to Edit, Settings, Edit and chose Transitions at 5 seconds and Image at 7 seconds. Then I went to Transitions and selected Apply Random Transitions. I then selected and imported a song and tried things out.

Did I do everything right? If so, my program is certainly not working right. It seems like the transitions happen very soon and the pictures are also very quick and the next transition starts. In the Timeline view, I did check one of the transitions and it said 3.5 seconds and went to the Edit, Settings, Transition time is 5. What is going on? Besides this issue, I do believe there should be an option to select multiple pictures or transitions and change the timing all at once rather than individually. I have already seen this suggestion in the forum already. Other slideshow programs I have all have this basic feature which is a real time saver.

Any help with this issue is appreciated. I also want to start slideshows with music, photos and quotes/Bible verses but need to figure this part out first. Any or all ideas to assist are appreciated. Does anyone have any learning tools besides the ones found on AVS4YOU website?

Janners
Nat
12.08.13 07:27:40
To: janners

Dear Janners,

In answer to your questions:
janners:
It seems like the transitions happen very soon and the pictures are also very quick and the next transition starts.

Transition is not a media file, what is does is just make a slow passage from one clip to another, thus at the time of transition both image clips are shown on the preview, but both are shown partially, that is why you get the illusion that a part of the image is cut, actually it is not.

janners:
In the Timeline view, I did check one of the transitions and it said 3.5 seconds and went to the Edit, Settings, Transition time is 5.

Transition duration changes to the minial time of one of the image files for which the transition is used for.
If your transition duration has been changed to 3.5 seconds that means one of the images to which the transition is applied is 3.5 seconds. Inform if it is not so.

janners:
I do believe there should be an option to select multiple pictures or transitions and change the timing all at once rather than individually.

It is possible, but only before creating the project you can set the duration for each transition and image that would be used in the project.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
31.08.13 22:39:39
To: Nat

I need help:
When I use AVS Video Remaker to merge my files, the option to use the "transitions" method is not optional once I load my files on the editor's timeline. I want to add a simple "fade in fade out" transition between 4 video files.

I notice before I load the videos on the timeline, the option to use the transitions feature is there, but once I actually load the videos on the timeline, the option to use the feature is not accessible. I uploaded these screenshots:
Attached files:
125.67 KB
03.09.13 23:41:01
I need help:
When I use AVS Video Remaker to merge my files, the option to use the "transitions" method is not optional once I load my files on the editor's timeline. I want to add a simple "fade in fade out" transition between 4 video files.

I notice before I load the videos on the timeline, the option to use the transitions feature is there, but once I actually load the videos on the timeline, the option to use the feature is not accessible. I uploaded these screenshots:
Attached files:
125.67 KB
03.09.13 23:42:25
I do not understand why it is even there if it doesn't work.
Nat
04.09.13 11:04:31
To: TCH1978Nippy

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

The video duration is very small, if you apply the transition to it, it will be even shorter, so you won't be able to see it.

The minimal duration to apply the transition for the video is 200 ms.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
06.09.13 18:43:00
Quick question on this please. Could this also be an issue with the software version being used here?
Administrator
09.09.13 09:12:13
To: doncht

Dear user,

We always advise our customers to use the latest versions of AVS programms which can be downloaded from this page http://www.avs4you.com/downloads.aspx.

We also would like to inform you that some videos encoded with certain codecs can only be splitted by keyframes and it is not possible to apply transitions to them. In this case we recommend you to use AVS Video Editor. You can find the instruction on how to apply transitions in AVS Video Editor under the following link:

http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor/Features/EditingVideos/Video/AddingTransitions/index.aspx

Best regards
02.12.13 22:26:45
Hello,

I met practically the same problem:
I prepared my video and selected music to it with the appropriate length.
As soon as i inserted the transitions between the video fragments, the total length of the video became shorter exactly as it was written by tdrabek.
Is it yet a bug?

Another problem of mine that transitions before a text fragment seem not to work. It's interesting that it works after a text video fragment.

Best wishes,
Gabor
Nat
06.12.13 05:35:40
To: gabor

Dear Gabor,

Transition is a pass from one scene to another. In other words it's a combination of two video scenes and it naturally reduces the time of your project for the combination duration.

gabor:
transitions before a text fragment seem not to work

Please specify the duration of the text fragment and the duration of the transition before text fragment.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
07.12.14 15:43:32
I am really sorry about crossposting but I spent one day and one night to find solution for my timeline proble and now I an going to finish my free time , I was reading this discussion about transitions a so I decide to paste my message , I am old and is not difficoult for me to become crazy.

" Today 04:28:42
Hi , I am new and my english is not good , i hope you can undestand me , TY.
I used about 15 years Premiere 5, 5.1 and 6.5 but now i upgrade from XP to win7 64 bit and change the old minidv whith new Photocamera Lumix and I need to edit fullHD , i tried Premiere Pro 5.5 but i really do not like it , so looking for new editor i found AVS Video Editor , download evalutate version and stard editing , all perfect , after 1 hour I can cut , cross dissolve , title and exporting , very clever software , so I bought the upstairs banner :D and now I have AVS4you Unlimited.
I start a new project but something is changed , now I cannot insert a cross dissolve between 2 clips , I can only add the transition to the end of the clip and also in timeline I cannot see the workbar to select and export a part of video project .
I remember that on evalute version I was using 2 different work bar and in the timeline was possible to select the transition to modify or delete , now I cannot select only the transition in timeline and if I schoose "delete" I delete all the clip.
I am sorry but I cannot remember how last night I can do everithing and now I cannot have the same timeline , I am sorry also for my english , I continue ti find a solution but I hope you can help me , bye from the Leaning Tower :D "
04.09.23 11:30:00
The project is very nice.
Administrator
08.09.23 07:24:51
To: tronzdroid

Hello! Thank you for your Feedback!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  60