AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.09.08 15:01:11
I'm having a heck of a time simply trying to record tracks from vinyl. I have been successful once or twice during the year, but this is getting less and less fun. Is there a recording for dummies section with step x step instructions. It really shouldn't be this taxing. Thanks.
30.09.08 02:13:33
To: beltwaybob

Hi,
currently there is not such a guide or how to on our web site, but I think its rather a good topic for one.
Please stay tuned with our site and forum and we will inform our users as soon as such a guide appears in our Guides section.
Best regards.
05.01.09 13:14:34
While we are waiting for a guide just answer me one or two questions>

Can you record a vinyl record from beginning to end, place track lables in a lable track and then export multiples, like you can in Audacity?

Then can you export multiples in MP3 format? Wave?

Thanks
Dam
Administrator
06.01.09 03:25:15
To: bankerwithabass

Hello,

bankerwithabass:
Can you record a vinyl record from beginning to end

I think that is possible. The main thing is to connect your device that reads vinils to your PC (via line-in e.g.) do that you can use AVS Audio Recorder.
02.02.13 22:51:26
Did a "How To" guide ever get put together for Vinyl Recording? I'm specifically interested in the types of noise filtering that one would apply once the initial recording is made. I've figured out how to remove AC Hum and turntable rumble, but I can't figure out how to remove the clicks and pops.

Any ideas?
Nat
06.02.13 09:18:12
To: A-Bear

Dear user,

Please specify the way you record audio:
- specify if you connect the vinyl recorder to your PC,
- specify the audio input device you select in AVS Audio Editor,

If you use Stereo Mix you should not get any clicks.

Thank you for the information.

Kind regards
06.02.13 23:10:08
To: Nat
The audio source is a 33 1/3 rpm record with the output from the turntable into the microphone input of a laptop and converting the input to an mp3 file. These files were converted to mp3 using another program, not AVS. I'm trying to use AVS Audio Editor on these files to filter out the noise inherent in playing and recording vinyl LP records i.e. the clicks and pops form dust particles and minor imperfections in the grooves of the record. Using the noise reduction feature in AVS works well for 60 cycle hum and low frequency rumble from the turntable. I do this by using the few seconds of silence before the music starts as the noise profile and this works well because the hum and rumble are constant through the recording. The clicks and pops on the other hand are variable and infrequent. I was just wondering if anybody has worked out a way remove them.
Nat
07.02.13 04:51:46
To: A-Bear

Dear user,

Unfortunately in this case it is not possible to remove the mentioned noise, unless you have a sample of those clicks and pops and can idetentify them as noise in Noise filter of AVS Audio Editor.

We can also recommend you to move the turntable with microphone a bit off from the computer while recording.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  3