To: etang77

Good job *SUPER*
28.04.12 08:28:29

Thank You, this worked perfectly :-)
23.10.12 11:56:27

Mate you are the TOTAL NUTS!!!!!

You and Lex supplied SO much technical support there, well done you for finding out the solution and explaining it in detail. AVS should offer you a job with tons of cash :)

Thanks again buddy, I'll ask them to close my ticket now.
20.12.12 20:22:20
Hi all,

I'm seeing the same issue.
I tried registry clean, disable my anti-virus, and I don't have BitDefender installed.
I downloaded AVS and resgistered yesterday so it should be the latest version.
The update tool also said no update is needed.

Please help.

Thanks.
Nat
21.12.12 04:43:38
To: jma562

Dear User,

To test the problem we need some more information:
- describe your actions step by step and specify the moment the problem occurs,
- attach the screenshot of the error message you get,
- specify the format and origin of the file you use for convertion, and if it can be played without any problems on your PC players,
- specify to what format you save the video to and what profile (settings) you select.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
21.12.12 05:21:58
Nat:
To: jma562

Dear User,

To test the problem we need some more information:
- describe your actions step by step and specify the moment the problem occurs,
- attach the screenshot of the error message you get,
- specify the format and origin of the file you use for convertion, and if it can be played without any problems on your PC players,
- specify to what format you save the video to and what profile (settings) you select.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards

I wiped out the installation using the uninstall tool and re-install the AVS suite.
I now ran into another issue. (see my other post).
I'll attach the video I was trying to import in that thread.

Thanks.
17.08.08 21:33:20
Hi,

I have been using VC6.2.1.277 to convert some DVD's to MP4 (Profile: 640 x 480). I've so far converted a movie which worked perfectly, and another DVD which isn't a movie - it's a 6 episode series that has copy protection, which copied OK, however it copied all 6 episodes back to back in one long MP4 file - have I done something stupid here? I pointed to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and that's how it ended up? I was hoping for 6 separate files.

HOWEVER, this isn't my reason for posting. The problem is, after my successes above, I tried to copy (to MP4 and also avi) another 6 episode series DVD (called The Inbetweeners). It's a copy protected DVD so DVD43 needs to do it's thing, and seems to OK. But when I point to the VIDEO_TS.IFO is copies episode 2 only. When I choose one of the other available IFO files (VTS_02_0.IFO - VTS_07_0.IFO, which are episodes 1-6) it starts to copy, however really does crawl along at an exceptionally slow pace and never seems to make it much past 0.12% even after a matter of hours. I can hear the DVD drive hunting in spurts and the head suddenly tracks across the DVD then settles down before tracking across it again. When I click on STOP in VC it takes an age to stop - probably many minutes. The output file never gets bigger than 2K no matter how many hours I leave it running. It also does not show the video running in the box under the Advanced screen - It just displays that message saying something like, please wait whilst the video is converted.....

There's no error file - checked in C:\Documents and Settings\... User Name ...\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs

There's no step by step instructions for me to give other than I put DVD in, open VC, select the IFO file, then click To MP4, then select the profile option, click advanced (or not in some attempts), then hit Convert Now - I've tried setting it to different priorities but get the same result. I've also tried it on another computer and get exactly the same behaviour.

It's driving me mad!

If you want me to send a sample of the video, I will try, but you'll need to talk me through that since I obviously can't copy it as is.

Please help because I like this software and don't want to have to pratt about anymore, it's driving me nuts. I'll be away on holiday soon and would love to get this sorted before I go.

Cheers,

Steve
Attached files:
Dam
Administrator
18.08.08 07:24:36
To: Stevie

Hello Steve,

As for the first question, we work on that issue, and that will be solved with the new releases.
But at the moment, to split DVD to separate parts, according to DVD episodes, please:
1. Launch AVS Video Converter and choose the input file
2. Press To DVD, then Edit
3. Set markers at the beginning of the episodes. Close the Edit window
4. Press Advanced and choose split by markers
5. Convert now!

As for the converting of the copy protected DVD, I'm not sure that the problem is caused by AVS software. Please make sure that you use the latest DVD43 version or try to use another decrypting software.

Best Regards
31.10.08 10:36:09
Video Converter has stopped working;When I try convert a file mpeg4 to avi and windows vista it give me a problems

caused the program to stop working correctly, will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. close program

I try from my friend computer to convert the video MPEG to avi it was done was not a problem with a video and I need to find out why is giving me this problem.
Dam
Administrator
01.11.08 02:52:09
To: victor_martinez3@verizon.net

Hi,

Please precise whether the error occurrs with this only file or not. For that, please try to use other MP4 files and try to choose any other preset for the conversion. Let us also know the origin of the MP4 files.

Best Regards
02.11.08 12:48:38
To: victor_martinez3@verizon.net

I have try another convert program and they have no problem to convert with mpeg4 to avi file please must check what is wrong with your program.

thank you
Paul Molina
Dam
Administrator
05.11.08 05:03:29
Hello Paul,

Paul:
must check what is wrong with your program.

Yes, we must, but to do it, please answer my questions above. That will help us to reproduce the error and solve it.

Best Regards
25.11.08 19:03:29
To: Dam
This is my current problem as well. I am using Windows Vista and my download program is Graboid when I try to convert this file from avi to dvd. Ver 6.2.3 gets real goofy and never fully converts the file.
Dam
Administrator
26.11.08 04:29:14
To: waltvid

Hi,

We would like to receive the input file. That will allow us to reproduce the error.

Please upload it to our FTP server. I will send the FTP details to your e-mail.

Best Regards
28.11.08 07:01:02
How do I send the FTP file.
Dam
Administrator
28.11.08 07:16:03

I sent you the FTP information to the e-mail, you used for the registration on the forum. I will resend it again. Please check your box.
16.06.09 04:04:43
Hello
EXACTLY the same problem, tells visual basic ++ runtime error ar 97,97 %

first conversion run, it was all okay, no problems and i could proceed to burning

2nd time it ran into error ..... (and i did select a new output filename)
Steps:
1.) Adobe Photoshop elements 6 output WMV file as input
2.) In Converter, I Added menu structure, main and chapters
3.) selected profile HQ PAL
4.) Started Conversion and got the attached message

Tried the repair function, all ok, only the mobile dll was marked red.

I totally uninstalled the Converter, got rid of Registry entries and folder structures after uninstalling

Rebooted the PC

And Re-installed AVS Video CVonverter 6

And same error......
Administrator
16.06.09 04:14:25
To: alhr01

Unfortunately, the file you have attached cannot be opened.

Are you using the latest version of AVS Video Converter? It can be updated following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager. Please attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program showing all the input and output file setting and a screenshot of the error message.

Please specify whether this problem persists when you convert a particular file/all the files/files of a particlular format. Also try converting this file to any other format and inform us on the result. Additionally, we'd need your PC configuration.

Hope to hear from you soon
16.06.09 08:19:39
To: nadin
Hello, I re-installed this on another PC.
Then i downloaded and ran update for the Update Manager
Then i downloaded the system update, following that
So latest code is used now.

Then, i used same input file to convert from WMV to DVD
I must say, that "repeatingly running into same error on different PC's", tells me that the program is unusable and that reminds me to that i just payed for it !

Is there a backlevel version to install which is a stable version ?

I run into problems now because the timeframe to deliver is running out.
The attached file is a Word doc version 2003 Everybody should be able to open that, if you need another format, please say which format can be read by your Support Staff.

Attached files:
16.06.09 16:20:00
Hi,
I think that i spotted a cause, maybe it is of help.

When i made the WMV input file using Adobe Photoshop Elements 6,
it consists out of images with random effects, with some audio music files under it.

Just after that i time synchronized the images and music in the way to automatically adjust the duration of the image presentation, dependent on the audio tracks length,

I finally succeded into converting the wmv file and got it burned.

So maybe at the end (97%) it had some difficulties calculating sound track length with the image duration length...

The error i had, occured in both audio converter and dvd authorizer.

Aad
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  493