AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.12.11 07:59:39
To: etang77

AVSVideoConverterHost.exe is just a conversion process. To fix the problem we need the files you are trying to convert. Please upload one of them to our ftp-server, the instructions will be sent to you via our support system.

By the way, as far as I can see in the screenshot of Conversion Options you select your own output settings and not use existing profile. Could you please specify what exact settings you usually change? Do not you set advanced parameters for codec?

Best regards.
26.12.11 10:53:09
To: Vlad

Merry Christmas, I didn't expect a reply today. I'll look at the instruction and upload one of the files to you. As I said, some I've tried had worked before and haven't since I around mid-November. I labelled mine EricTang with subtitle file (as I normally convert with subs.)

I don't actually change any of the advanced codec settings, the only reason I use my own setting is to keep the Frame Size & frame rate of the original video, and change the Bitrate to also "match" the original video, which I normally set at 1000, since that's the "average".

Thanks for all the help, honestly, this "problem" completely beats me, because I have completely re-installed the whole Window but still have problem. The only thing I haven't tried yet is try installing on another computer, and if that works, copy the files over...
27.12.11 08:19:36
Thank you for the files. In any case it will help us to investigate the issue closer to your environment.

etang77:

As I said, some I've tried had worked before and haven't since I around mid-November.

Have not you installed any updates for AVS software or for codecs in November?
28.12.11 06:08:52

Not that I'm concious of. I just left it as it was... Because, right now, it's a clean installed, so it should work, right?

Is there an older version I can try and see if that work, like maybe a 7.0 version?
01.01.12 12:03:22

It took me some time, but I managed to find a version 7.0 & 6.3.

I've tried 7.0 first, which had the same problem. I tried 6.3 it didn't work at first either so I un-installed it. I left it for a while, then re-installed it, and it works.

Firstly, version 6.3 doesn't have the AVSVideoConverterHost.exe. So no problem pops up. I think more interestingly, I've put in different files, and because in version 6.3, you see the length of the video channel and the audio channel separately, I've found some files with significant difference, e.g. video recognised as 30 minutes long but audio only 18 minutes long. When converting the files, it thinks the video are shorter than it should be, so the percentage goes up very quickly until it realises, the video is longer, so the remaining time just stops, while the percentage goes up much slower (I've test "normal" and the"wrong ones", this happens even if the video & audio are the "same length"). Another interesting point is, the "stopping" point of the time, is about the same place as where the conversion stops on version 8.0 (I only know this is definite on 1 file, as I tested that many times, so I remember).

After being successful with 6.3, I've reinstalled 7.0 without un-installing 6.3. 7.0 still doesn't work. With 6.3, the "reading" of time is better when converting and the font has changed in the subtitle, I'm sure it's something to do with 7.0 overwriting the files in common files because now both version doesn't finish converting.

So, the good news! After I cleanly un-installed both version, I installed the latest version. Tried again, still doesn't work. Error again with the AVSVideoConverterHost.exe, with this module: MSVCR80.dll, I can't do anything about that, so I cut and pasted that the host.exe out. It still converts and still doesn't finish. I copied the ActiveX folder out from 6.3 before I done all the installing 7.0 version and un-installing both version. I copied the AVSH264Codec.dll from the 6.3 version to the now 8.1 version. And I've tried 3 files so far, and they all worked.

And the settings are the original settings, e.g. multi-thread... etc.

I've attached the version of AVSH264Codec.dll I'm using for you guys to take a look.

There are couple of questions I want to ask from all this trial and error:

It seems that the italics signs for the subtitle doesn't get read properly, will that be fixed?
And I've read the "terms" but what constitute a "new" computer, because my computer is self built, is it if I change my CPU? Change my motherboard? Or something as simple as changing my hard disk? Because it can have an effect on which licence I choose to buy?

Thank you! I know it's working for me now, but see if you guys have an even better solution, then me taking the program "apart"?
Attached files:
02.01.12 07:49:05

I still had other problems today, when I tried converting to other codecs, but at least the type I use most is fixed.
05.01.12 09:38:43

Thank you for all the details. Our developers are investigating what can cause the problem in new version. As soon as their answer is ready I will notify you.

Please note that license issues are not dicussed on the forum according to the forum rules. Please address them directly to our support system.

As for italic signs in subtiles, there was not problems with it. As far as I understand you have srt subtitles. It would be great if you attach subtitle file.

Best regards.
06.01.12 13:06:53

Here is what I've found today, Vlad.

I just got back from abroad, had some problems with my computer, so I had to reinstall everything again, so it gave me a chance to re-test the whole thing.

Here is what I've found out. Straight from a clean install, without installing anything else but AVS, it works.

It worked too after installing a couple of programmes, (I was going to try converting one files after installation of every new program, which I kind of got side track when my video card was acting up) Anyway, after I sort through the problem, the converter no longer works.

I've tried uninstalling everything (at least as far back as I "can", apart from my video card, avs, virus check, ethernet & HD Audio driver and 3 Windows update that I can't un-install). It seems that whatever changes are made inbetween, it is irreversible, and it seems changes maybe made to MSVCR80.dll, that is causing the fault.

I'll consider re-installing the whole windows again, to work it out.
07.01.12 03:23:38

Vlad, I just couldn't help myself, but I think I've found the problem.

When I install AVS, it installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable to make AVS works, right? Yes or no, it works fine with it being installed.

I uses BitDefender 2012 as my internet security, and when this program is installed, it installed 2 things, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86 & 64) Redistributable - 10.0.40219. And once the internet security is up and running, AVS stops working.

I uninstalled the x64 version first, it asks me to choose to uninstall and restart or close the virus checking module and a couple of virus checking programs. After that uninstall, the virus checking module stops working, the "checking" stuff parts still works but the AVS still doesn't work. So I uninstalled the the x86 which I had to restart the computer. After which, AVS starts working again. But as I have checked online, BitDefender, the 2012 version anyway, is dependent on Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, which I can no longer switch on the BitDefender. So I re-installed the Visual C++ 2010 x64 version from microsoft website, which is a version 10.0.30319. BitDefender starts working again, but unfortunately AVS has stopped working again. So it was either the Visuall C++ that is causing the problem or the VSSERV of BitDefender under service is causing the problem.

Lastly, I've tried uninstalling the BitDefender 2012, without uninstalling the Visual C++ 2010 x64 to confirm where the clash was. It looks like as I was thinking in one of the post, it is the virus checking device that is causing the problem. The reason why I raised it before, was I noticed it blocked something with firewall when converting.

And now thinking back, it was about the same time that an upgrade to BitDefender 2012 was available, that the errors began, as previous version of BitDefender didn't need to use Visual C++.

I'll carry work on the problem as much as I can, but I'll be extremely happy if you guys can find a way for it to work for me too.
10.01.12 14:43:54

That's interesting... Not sure if the problem in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, but it may be that latest version of BitDefender just block some components of our software. Do you use BitDefender with default settings or adjust your own? Also, please specify if SP1 is installed on your Windows 7.

Best regards.
11.01.12 03:06:56

SP1 is installed, but I have also tried it without SP1 installed too as I thought it was to do with Windows 7 update, so I did it once without the update. At first I did thought it was to do with SP1 too.

Might still be the Microsoft Visual C++, but I have tried converting with the latest Visual C++ but uninstalled the virus checker and it worked, so I think most probably not.

I now and normally use my own setting, just slightly change from default, but when I tried it, it was with default settings.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to disable the VSSERV from msconfig's service tab, instead of uninstalling the BitDefender. I'll give this a try in a moment, and post you the result.

Thank you.
11.01.12 04:33:47

I've tried, I can't stop the service from running without uninstalling.
11.01.12 07:11:59

Thanks for the details.

We are currently testing our software with BitDefender and investigating what can be the issue. I will get back to you with the results.

Regards.
13.01.12 04:44:49

Thank you! I'll wait for you guys!
13.01.12 15:50:13

We have tested the problem and there seems to be compatibility issue between our software and new version of BitDeffender.

It is possible to avoid the problem if you turn off active virus control option on BitDeffender, see the screenshot attached. You may do it just for conversion time.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
14.01.12 01:07:05

Thank you!

And I'll tell you their AVC has had loads of problems with other stuff too since upgrading, I should have guess.
15.01.12 20:31:03

Vlad and Etang77, I am experiencing the EXACT same set of problems when converting to AVIs.
I hope you find a solution soon .

Cheers
16.01.12 09:23:35
To: jwcalvert

Vlad,
I uninstalled, then fully re-installed the latest AVS.
Then ran REPAIR, and as usual the two dlls did not repair successfully.
AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll
and AVSShellConverter64.dll

Then I turned off my BitDefender Active anti-virus

The I tried to convert from mkv to avi and it was perfectly successful using two different profiles.
Then I tried to convert an mp4 to avi which earlier failed, but now it succeeded.

So the culprit is BitDefender Active anti-virus.

Thanks for the clues. I hope you find a permanent solution soon.

Cheers
Jim Calvert
16.01.12 10:26:44
To: jwcalvert

Hello Jim,

Actually, the problem is not in AVS Software. That is BitDefender behaviour when analyzing AVS software process. As reported by etang77, BitDefender causes similar problems with other programs. The solution is to turn off active viirus control component of Bitdefender while converting files.

Best regards.
17.01.12 01:45:29

Hello Jim,

Alternatively, if you don't want to switch it off everytime, you can go into the "Exclusion" tab in under Antivirus. You need to select Excluded processes. You need to find avsvideoconverterhost.exe from c:\program files (x86)\common files\avsmedia\activex\avsvideoconverterhost.exe and maybe c:\program files (x86)\avs4you\avsvideoconverter\avsvideoconverter.exe, too. Because I excluded the 2nd one first, gave it a try, didn't work so I added the first one too, which works. So I never tried deleting the 2nd location. But this also works.

Make sure it is under "processes" and NOT "files & folders"
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  392