AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
16.08.17 08:10:19
Hello, the best way to check is to send us the example of the file to FTP server.

Best regards
16.10.18 04:00:50
Hi,

I'm getting the same "File format error" message as other people in this thread. I stream on Twitch and I use the "Broadcast --> Twitch (username)" option in XSplit to generate my videos. There is also a "Record --> Local Recording" option on XSplit and when I generate a video that way then AVS Video Editor properly loads it up. I've attached 2 files, one showing the settings I use for the "Broadcast" and one showing the settings I use for the "Local Recording". I don't know much about this stuff, but to me the broadcast settings and the local recording settings look pretty much the same yet the videos generated by the broadcast setting don't load up in AVS Video Editor. I've been using AVS Video Editor for over a year with no issues until just recently (maybe a week or two?). Also, the videos I generate with the broadcast settings and with the local recording settings both play perfectly fine on video viewers like Windows 10 built in program "Movies & TV".

Thanks,
Stew
Attached files:
27.44 KB
16.75 KB
Nat
19.10.18 11:14:20
To: stew_

Dear user,

Please send your input file to our FTP server.

I have send you the instructions on how to upload the file in AVS4YOU support system.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
02.11.18 14:13:11
To: Nat

Not sure if my other message sent, but just in case it didn't, I wanted you to know, Nat, that my file has been uploaded. Thanks! My other message also had 2 other concerns about the video editor crashing and not being able to minimize it during production, so if my message didn't go through let me know so I can elaborate on these other 2 problems as well.
Nat
16.11.18 06:55:29
To: stew_

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
03.10.19 10:10:58
stew_:
Hi,

I'm getting the same "File format error" message as other people in this thread. I stream on Twitch and I use the "Broadcast --> Twitch (username)" option in XSplit to generate my videos. There is also a "Record --> Local Recording" option on XSplit and when I generate a video that way then AVS Video Editor properly loads it up. I've attached 2 files, one showing the settings I use for the "Broadcast" and one showing the settings I use for the "Local Recording". I don't know much about this stuff, but to me the broadcast settings and the local recording settings look pretty much the same yet the videos generated by the broadcast setting don't load up in AVS Video Editor. I've been using AVS Video Editor for over a year with no issues until just recently (maybe a week or two?). Also, the videos I generate with the broadcast settings and with the local recording settings both play perfectly fine on video viewers like Windows 10 built in program "Movies & TV".

Thanks,
Stew

Hey,

I also have this problem, if someone has a solution, please tell me

Thanks in advance:)
Developer
03.10.19 12:01:25
To: johnsmith101

That MP4 file from stew_ was not indexed. The editing for such files in AVSVideoConverter and AVSVideoEditor is disabled because the seek function is unavailable. But AVSVideoConverter can open such files and following reconversion to appropriate format make the output file properly indexed.

You can check your video file in AVSVideoConverter - whether it is indexed or not.
10.12.19 19:52:46
To: oneofmanyangels@gmail.com
I'm having exactly the same problem. The Vido Editor won't load mp4 files, giving me the same error. Worked fine for me on WIN7 on other computers. Now I'm bring up a new WIN10 laptop and I get this error. No "Repair" program in the AV44YOU program suite. Also, on video I can load, the playback position always goes to the end of the video, or if it will play from inside the clip, audio is present, but not video - editor video window is black.
12.12.19 11:11:50
To: bix@jimbixby.com

Dear user,

To resolve the issue with black preview screen, please enable Video Buffer:

Edit > Settings > Preview > Video Rendering => Use video buffer

To resolve the issue with the MP4 files that are not loaded into AVS Video Editor, please send the file on the FTP server. I've sent you the instructions in AVS Support System

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  120