AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.06.11 04:10:37
Hi

Just updated my software and now running Audio Convertor 6.3.1.468, not sure of the previous version. When I now try to load a midi file I get a file format error.

I also downloaded the midi add inn, still no joy.

Previous version loaded the midi files without a hitch, I am running Vista

I have attached one of the midi files for you to check

Appreciate if you can assist

John
Attached files:
17.06.11 06:09:28
To: Scotto

Just upgraded to Version: 7.0.2.479. and loaded in the midi add in, still get the same file format error

John
17.06.11 23:27:26

Hello John,

Yes, I've repeated the error. The file forwarded to our developers, they will test it and try fixing the problem. Please wait, I'll get back to you.

Regards.
07.07.11 01:34:39
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad,

Scotto's issue is spreading all the way up to the «Audio Converter v7,0,3,480» that I've just installed.

The same "file format error" happened with the «Audio Editor v7,0,3,422», which also provides the link to the MIDI Packet, even if its list of formats don't include the midi files! Maybe some modules have been swapped between those two software.

The problem is not from the midi files because I've tried many that all play beautifully work in many other software.

Daniel
07.07.11 02:10:28
To: Dan_Sitar

Hello Daniel,

Here is the path to solve the problem in new version. Install it and let us know if it helps.

Regards.
Attached files:
390.14 KB
07.07.11 04:12:35

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the path☺‼ I will informe you tomorrow.

Can Audio Recorder-v4,0,1,21 that I'm about to install do it ؟ ٌ८ֹٌ̡ʅ∿

Actually, I've been shopping around for a Sound Card Recorder, which is the best way to convert MIDI to Mp3 when you have a “High Definition Sound Card” driven by the « Realtek HD Audio » with its impressive « ACL888 Audio Codec » by example (Codec URL on request).

Lots of professional musicians and composers use a MIDI sequencer for their arrangements before hiring the musicians and the signers. Then, they insert each midi instrument in a separated track of a MIDI/Audio mixer like Reaper where they are routed through a FX chain of processing and plug-ins. But many of us who have a High Definition Sound Card prefer the performance of our MIDI files as is. That is why we are looking for a professional Sound Card Recorder.

It is while searching/trying a few unsatisfactory sharewares that I came across two of them that also include some audio editing that looks like a reverse engineering of an older version of your AVS Audio Editor ‼ (URLs on request)

Then I said to myself: “ Hey‼ Maybe AVS4YOU came up with something even better… Audio Recorder ؟ ̕८̡̃ʼ ̃ʅ∿ ”

Daniel
07.07.11 07:23:53
Vlad

I loaded it in. Worked for me, thankyou very much, big thumbs up

John
07.07.11 16:44:04

Hi Vlad, ٩̮(ُӦُ̮̮͂Ӧ)̃ʅ۶

Great news about the MIDI_pack☺‼ It works when both MidiPack are installed ٩(ّૈُ̮͂.ّ̮͂ૈٌ)۶ Folks, we just have to be patient even if our systems seem to be hooked. It takes time for AVS to convert a 16 channels MIDI file into a stereo wave form

But … ใ(ّ͡◎ّ̰̃ ٌ̰͠◎)̮۶ … the bad news for us with a High Definition Sound Card driven by the HD Audio Codec …, we still have to look for a HD Sound Card Recorder as explained in my previous post…

Does AVS Audio Recorder have the feature that a lot of professionals are looking for ؟ ٌ८ֹٌ̡ʅ∿

Daniel
08.07.11 01:17:13

Thanks. Glad to know that the patch works.:-)

Daniel,

As far as I understand you need a recorder program which allows to record from midi sequencer in audio card. Am I right?

Unfortunately, there is no such feature in AVS Audio Recorder. Actually, the program is developed for home users who need to record basic things, such as speech from mic or sound playing on a computer.
08.07.11 15:15:52
1To: Vlad

Hi Vlad, ٩̮(ُӦُ̮̮͂Ӧ)̃ʅ۶

The Sound Card Recorder programs out there basically record any sound passing through any line of your sound card. They achieve this regardless of the input sources, e.g. from microphone, line-in from external hardware like LP, cassette, CD/DVD/VCR players, AM/FM/Satellite radio, TV, etc., and from internal players like AVS Media Player, Windows Media Player, Classic Media Player, Internet media players, Winamp, Real Player, Quick Time, Flash, Games, Midi and/or Audio sequencer/mixers, etc., brief, whatever sound a PC can reproduce. Then or in real-time, those programs compress the waveforms into many formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, MP4, VOX, AU, AIFF, etc.

Some programs even include different original tools to edit the waveforms. But a few boldly offer an older version of the AVS Audio Editor! (URL on request)

I'm surprised that AVS Audio Recorder cannot do that because there is a market for a wyHiwygWhat you HEAR is what you get”, be it for home users or home/studio professionals. Then, we all can benefit from your other fantastic products, e.g. Audio Editor/Converter before adding the final audio to a visual media with the help of your Photo Editor, Image Converter and finaly, to put it all together with your Video Editor/Converter. Of course to make backup copies for ourselves with your Disc Creator and for friends with your DVD Copy and Cover Editor

« AVS Audio Recorder », a real WYHIWYG “What You HEAR Is What You Get ” !!

That sounds good as a title, isn't it? ٩(ّૈُ̮͂.ّ̮͂ૈٌ)۶

Daniel
15.07.11 00:54:42

Sorry, but I thought you are talking about midi...

If you want to record what u hear on your computer, yes, that is possible with AVS Audio Recorder. You should select Stereo Mix input for recording. The guide from this link will help you.
17.08.11 05:30:35

Vlad, I had the same problem with MIDI files and the fix you sent Dan_Sitar partially worked for me. It works for some, but not all MIDI files. There may be some attribute that I am exporting when I create a MIDI file that the Audio Converter doesn't like. The files play OK in other players. Any ideas? I've sent a file that gives the error even after the MIDI fix.

Thanks
Attached files:
18.08.11 14:15:53
I found the attribute that was causing the newly created MIDI file to not be accepted in Audio Converter if this helps. My MIDI sequence software allow track channels to be set to a number or 'ANY'. By not using 'ANY' the problem went away. The fix that Vlad provided must also be used of course.
Lex
Administrator
18.08.11 14:20:20
To: mmartino

Hello,

We are glad the issue is resolved.

Best regards.*SUPER*
07.05.12 10:09:56
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using the latest version 7.0.3.485 and I'm having trouble with the MIDI files.
I've installed the Midi Pack from the Help Section, and also the Midi Pack that Vlad uploaded.
Those Midi Pack worked on some of my midi files but not all of them. I'm not sure why?
I'm trying to convert them to mp3 but if you have a look on my attached screenshot some of the files are only 00:00:01 Duration?
I'll attached some of the midi files and hopefully you guys can help me Thanks
Attached files:
72.03 KB
Lex
Administrator
10.05.12 10:32:51
To: DC007

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is such an issue. Our developers are working on it.

Best regards.
09.09.12 04:09:11
I read with interest what you had to say about the midi files. I am new with this converting. I am trying to convert a midi to a mp3 of wav. It is not working. I have downloaded the midi packet from the program. When I tried to download the link at this site, my securety scan that it may harm the computer. Is this so or can I just download?? Help!!
Administrator
10.09.12 08:42:57
To: dennis436110@att.net

Hello Dennis,

I would like to assure you that AVS4YOU programs have no viruses, we prove our installations constantly. Please make sure, that your antivirus base is updated to its latest version.

Please download the Midi Pack from our official website and install it to be able to import *.midi files into AVS Audio Converter and convert them to any of the supported formats.
08.09.12 20:22:39
I am new to the converter program. I am trying to conver midi to mp3 or wav. I did download the midi pack but don't know how to use it. Any help please!!!!
10.09.12 22:24:17
I am not able to download the Midi pack from the home site without getting a zip converter!! Why is that??
Online:
Users:  1  justinwilliams
Guests:  30