AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.06.09 08:15:38
To: nadin

still does the same exact thing. except the violation code this time is 09A0FCBD as oppose to the 045FD548 it was giving before.
Administrator
16.06.09 01:22:18
To: bmason84

In this case it would only be possible to fix the problem if you could send us this file for testing. We realize that it is large, but still please upload it to our FTP server. I will contact you shortly per e-mail.

Thank you in advance
08.11.09 15:37:22
To: bmason84
I'm having the exact same problem. Please let me know if you come up with a solution.
Administrator
09.11.09 00:37:32
To: KenG

This problem was resolved quite a long time ago. Please update the software (the latest version can be downloaded from here). If the problem does persist with the new version, describe your actions step by step and attach a screenshot of the error.

Regards
16.11.09 04:05:46
Hi!

I am having a similar problem with most of my .mkv files which I try to convert to .avi (xVid/ DivX compatible). Pls suggest.

Thanks & regards

Aditya
Administrator
17.11.09 01:44:35
To: adityaway

Which problem do you face exactly? Do you get any error when trying to convert MKV files or are your output files desynchronized (we have seen another post created by you in this topic).

Please provide the detailed information. Attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program > File Information showing your input and output file parameters, attach a screenshot of the error you get and specify the exact moment it pops up. Also we need your PC configuration.

Make sure you are using the latest version of AVS Video Converter.

Regards
19.04.10 14:00:34
Hi everyone. I know there are other threads regarding sync issues, but this concerns an MPEG-TS file so I decided to put it here. This is an MPEG-TS file recorded on my sat-receiver and remuxed using ProjectX to remove errors. The file plays with perfect sync on my VLC media player. Converting it to AVI with Video Converter 6.3.3.371 and 6.4.2.417 using AVC (H.264) causes audio to go out of sync by several seconds by the end of the clip. Is there anything I can do to keep a/v in sync as in the original file, other than changing the video codec? I'm attaching a MediaInfo file and screen caps of the Video Converter settings for reference. I would be happy to upload the input file for analysis.

As a side note I should mention that Video Converter 6.4.2.417 runs to completion but causes a complete system freeze on my Intel P4 2.80GHz-based desktop. The PC is essentially useless for anything else during the conversion process. Low-priority mode makes no difference. As a result of this I have had to revert to Video Converter 6.3.3.371.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached files:
279.17 KB
20.04.10 06:21:11
Ok, there's obviously an audio sync issue involved - I just rescued the encoding by doing the following:

1. demuxed the converted avi to a video-only file
2. Re-encoded the original audio stream to an mp3 file
3. remuxed the files from 1. and 2. to a new avi file

The new avi file now has a/v in perfect sync.

I suspect the problem VC could have is that it's trying to resync the audio during the conversion process, whereas the original a/v are in sync already.

This program is wonderful when it works. I suggest any future version include a "no audio sync" option. It could also demux/encode/remux the audio stream if this helps.

PS I submitted a support request concerning this issue
20.04.10 17:54:36
After some further analysis it seems the problem is rooted deeper: It seems ProjectX does NOT clean up all internal errors when remuxing the original TS file. The result is a remuxed TS file which still contains errors. Demuxing apparently does a more thorough job of cleaning up these errors. To simplify the process and get accurate conversions I multiplexed the files demuxed by ProjectX to get a clean mpeg program stream. I then loaded this file into VC as usual. Total track time is now shorter but at least the video is clean. I don't have the VC conversion result yet but a/v should be in sync too.

It's impressive that VC is able to convert the TS video containing errors - other converters I've tried croak right at the start of receiving such a file. If it kept the audio in sync too you could get correct conversions containing the original video "glitches" - although at least one player I've tried freezes when playing one.

That still leaves the issue about the system freeze with Video Converter 6.4
27.04.10 06:37:05
To: fidelio

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer and thanks for all the detailed info provided.

We are glad that you managed to avoid sync problem.

As for freezing, I would say you computer is not powerfull enough to work with such TS files. It's better to work with MPEG2 TS videos like yours on a machine with multi-core processor and a lot of ram. Have not you experienced freezing problem also with the previous version AVS Video Converter 6.3.

If you send us one of your TS files, we could test it and see if something can be done with it. The instructions will be provided to you in our support system.

Best regards.
28.04.10 02:50:22
Hi there. I did manage to fix the sync problem by demuxing/remuxing the TS files, although there was still a a sync issue when playing the converted avi files on my media player: a/v would go out of sync as soon as I jumped/ff/rw to another point in the video. I managed to fix that by remuxing the avi using AVIMux_GUI. It seems VC does not add timestamps to the final video which my player needs in order to keep a/v in sync. It would be nice if VC would add these timestamps itself.

As for the freeze issue I can only say it doesn't seem to matter what input file/format or output profile I choose: VC will load the video file normally (sometimes taking its time to analyze the clip), but causes the system to enter a major freeze instantly when I press "convert now". This does not happen with the previous version of VC (6.3.3.371). Although the conversion process takes a long time this version works and doesn't cause the PC to freeze.

Thanks for your support.
29.04.10 02:13:54
fidelio:

As for the freeze issue I can only say it doesn't seem to matter what input file/format or output profile I choose: VC will load the video file normally (sometimes taking its time to analyze the clip), but causes the system to enter a major freeze instantly when I press "convert now". .

Does AVS Video Converter 6.4.2.417 freeze even converting small files, just few mb's? Could you please attach a screenshot of your exact PC configuration (right click on My Computer>Properties>General)?

AVS software creates standard indexed AVI files with timestamps. What media player do you use to play avi files?
29.04.10 04:09:57
Unfortunately, yes. Here's the system properties screenshot. The timestamp issue seems to occur with the H264 codec. I've converted the same file using xvid and there were no sync problems. As I mentioned remuxing the avi with AVIMux_GUI solved the problem (needed to set audio interleave to 1 frame). The player is a Netgear EVA8000.
Attached files:
30.04.10 03:52:52
It turns out there is a template for muxing mp3 content in AVIMux_GUI - using this has given me better results. The default a/v interleave is 3 frames but it doesn't change playback if I set it to 1.
30.04.10 13:37:28

As far as we can see, video should be muxed in special way for playing on your media player. Unfortunately, there is no such possibility in our software. However, our developers will work on the issue and I'll let you know if there is a solution.

As for computer freeze problem during conversion with new version AVS Video Converter 6.4.2.417, could you please check which conversion mode is selected in Setting option>Processing. If there is multi-thread mode, please select single-thread and try converting your video files again.
05.05.10 02:25:49
I have already tried unticking multithread mode, but it has made no difference.
11.05.10 12:52:05

We are very sorry about the problem, but it seems that your computer is not powerfull enough to work with the latest version of AVS Video Converter.
16.05.10 06:37:42
Maybe. I'll have to make do with the previous version. It runs quite well, actually. Maybe I can install future drivers (dlls) manually into the old version. Concerning the A/V sync issue I've noticed that AVIMux_GUI adds an "Interleave, preload duration" field to the media info header. Maybe this is what my player needs to keep the audio in sync. It's the only factor I see which seems to make the difference. When I skip, ff or rew the picture appears without sound for a few seconds, then the audio seems to pick up from when the picture first appeared without the sound. Maybe this is the key. All I know is running the AVS output through AVIMux_GUI fixes the a/v sync isssue on this particular player.

PS Non-AVS avi files without the "Interleave, preload duration" field also have a/v sync issues on my media player.
18.05.10 06:48:29

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided, it's very useful! That prooves that avi files should be muxed specially to play on hardware media problems. I've passed the players to our developers and they will be working on it. As soon as there are any news we will notify you.

Regards.
07.09.10 21:18:13
AVS Video Editor 7.0.1.449 Audio Sync Sound Issues

Just downloaded and installed on new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Core i7
12 GB Ram

Have tried various source files / formats
Have tried various destination files / formats

In all situations, the longer the video is, the more out of sync the audio becomes. The audio lags further behind the video as time progresses.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  160