AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.09.10 09:38:46
In this video: http://vimeo.com/14861430 there is a weird sound 24 seconds into the video. It happens when the audio track ends. I have faded the envelope all the way to the bottom so it SHOULD only play into silence but instead I now hear this annoying sound at the end of the audio track.

Anyone know why and what I can do?

I am using 5.1

Thanks!
Doug
12.09.10 08:49:58
To: dmotel

Hello Doug,

Could you please specify the format of your source video, audio track of which you've faded out, as well as the output setting which you select when save your video.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
26.09.10 22:49:21
Zoom in your Time Line. You might have a audio bar that raises up. I had the same issue. Was driving me crazy. Just Zoom in to see it then adjust it as needed.

JJ
26.09.10 23:23:39
To: JimmyJack

Now also try to right click on the Audio clip. Then Reset Envelope then drag it down. It does act odd as sometimes it will leave a little section at the top. Which is the cause to the POP. Would be nice to get it fixed so that does not happen.
26.09.10 23:41:14
Ok me again. Looking at the Audio property once it plays the song it goes back to the beginning and adds a POP. Can not add music like this. Any idea on a fix? Been trying to edit a few clips in for days now.

Thanks
JJ
28.09.10 07:39:05

Hello,

Thank you for detailed description of the problem. We have managed to reproduce the problem. I've passed it to our developers. As soons as there are any news I will let you know.

Best regards.
30.09.10 18:13:31
To: Vlad

After working on this for some time. I decided that I should look at what else AVS has. So I got the Audio editor. Have to say the audio editor works great. From the 5.1 Video editor I got the times needed for the audio clips and in the Audio Editor I could process the fades just perfect. The Video editor does a pretty good job but really anyone editing video should also get the Audio editor. Sounds really good too.

Here is the video I just finished:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L7l-ZLJ8E

Thanks
James
01.10.10 02:17:32
Hallo,

in AVS Video Editor, I have a problem with the sound at the end of audio sections. I fade in the music, I adjust the volume progressively to zero, but at the transition, it makes either a strong crack noise or the music goes up for a milisecond. I zoomed in at the timeline, the indicator of sound is at zero. I have tried for days, it gets better for some sections, then I save the project, the problem raises again. The audio menu doesn't help, the adjustement denatures the whole audio content. Very annoying, could you please help?

Second question concerning the output file: Why isn't it possible to make a DVD in HD quality? It's possible for files and Bluray but not for DVDs...

Thanks
01.10.10 06:57:20
To: petrlik

Helllo,

Please note the discussion above. Try zooming in Timeline, it will allow you to add fade out more accurately.

Best regards.

James, you are right, AVS Audio Editor is good for editing audio of a video and can be used as a workaround for the fade out problem discussed. Glad that you've tried to use it.

Cool video, by the way;-)
Support Manager
01.10.10 07:07:09
JimmyJack:
Here is the video I just finished:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L7l-ZLJ8E

Really nice video *SUPER*
I'd recommend to normalize volume of the main audio and overlay sound.
16.03.11 12:29:46
Will there soon come a solution to the crack sound error??
It seems to be a very long time since this issue was brought up here..!

As it is, one still can't do any Audio editing inside AVS Video Editor, whenever there is a Transition involved.

When will you fix this?!
18.03.11 07:37:36
To: Morten

Hello,

We have made improvements for audio on Timeline in the latest version AVS Video Editor 5.2.2.173, so please try using it.

Also, transition should not cause this problem. Are you sure that you face the same glitch as described in the topic.?

Regards.
20.03.11 23:51:27

Hi Vlad,

thanks for your quick answer! :-)

However, I'm actually using the latest 5.2.2.173 version (always checking for updates, before launch).
But as I said, the loud Crack sound is still being created when implementing transitions - especially when connecting a regular sequence with a sequence that has been amplified from within the sound editor.
If the transition is not being implemented between the sequences, then there will be no Crack sound created!

I have tried two different soundboards - same problem occurs, so obviously nothing wrong here..

It is really annoying and a shame, because this editor is absolutely perfect in any other way (except for the lack of stylish predefined DVD menu layouts..!)

Regards, Morten

Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. Intel 4.2 GhZ, 6 GB RAM 1600 MhZ
21.03.11 06:27:19

Hello Morten,

Just to clear up - you apply fade out to audio track and put a transition at the end of it. Is this exactly how the Crack glitch is produced? Previously, it occurred when you faded out envelope of the audio in the end...

Regards.
21.03.11 17:02:32

Hi Vlad

I wasn't exactly aware of this Fade Out issue until now - so I'll then do a test with and without Fade Out at the end of the sequence before adding the Transition.
- And return here with results!

Regards, Morten
22.03.11 03:43:24

Yes, we need to know how exactly the Crack is produced.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
22.03.11 07:46:46

Okay, the Crack occurrences between 2 sequences with a Transition in between. Actually these sequences hasn't been modified at all (except for being shortened a bit).
When that said, the Crack isn't that noticeable as in my previous productions made from older AVS versions.
However I must say, that I'm being very much on guard, for even the slightest Crack occurrences - because they almost ruined all my previous productions!!

So as it is, the problem doesn't seems to have been totally eliminated with this present version of AVS Video Editor.

Regards, Morten
23.03.11 02:47:25

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the details.

To avoid this glitch try zooming in the interval between two sequences and check audio envelope of audio track at the end of 1 sequences, it should not be raised up in the end. Move down it to center, if it does.

Regards,
23.03.11 18:27:15

Hi Vlad

All the affected audio tracks are centered, so this is not what causing the glitch, which now again has become more frequent as I've added more media to the project!
The glitches has now increased in the areas where Transitions are added - to be exact, at the end of the transitions where new sequences starts. The glitches are created regardless of whether the sequences has been audio modified or not. If I take away the Transitions, the glitches are then eliminated!

However, what seems to be the pattern, is that it occurs whenever a loud sound level are going through a Transition between 2 sequences - either when both high sound levels are equal, or definitely noticeable when a sequence transits from a moderate sound level to a sequence with a loud sound level.

As it seems to be very hard for the technicians at AVS to solve this error, what would then be the solution (in detail, please) for me to come about this problem, here and now?!!
I'm not sure I fully understand what has been written here as immediate alternative solutions...?
In my case, the sequences are video streams with "build in" audio - so how would I eventually be able to extract the the sound from here, edit it in a sound editor and bring it back to the Video Editor..?!!

Morten
24.03.11 01:18:50

Hello Norten,

Thanks, now I can see that the glitch does not depend on Fade In/Out effects, it depends on transition. However, it can be just preview problem. Could you please specify the format of the files you work with? Please send as a screenshot of one of your files properties (right click on a file in Media Library>Properties) Also, please attach a screenshot of your PC configuration (My Computer>Properties).

Regards.
Online:
Users:  1  jendavis
Guests:  274