AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.11.09 07:39:45
I am experiencing the same issue with converting MP4 files from new iPod Nano devices. The resulting converted video (any output format) is either skipping or missing frames. I converted at the same frame rate and frame size as the original.
Administrator
02.11.09 22:19:41
To: digitaltl@att.net

We will contact you shortly on the support page with a possible fix.

Regards
03.11.09 16:14:29
Hello, I'm new to this stuff, recently downloaded avs4you video converter. I download from website, convert to dvd and the picture momentarily freezes or stutters for 30 seconds of every minute in every movie thats converted......any suggestions?
Administrator
04.11.09 23:26:28
charlie2na@roadrunner.com:
the picture momentarily freezes or stutters for 30 seconds of every minute in every movie thats converted

Do you watch the DVD on your PC or in a DVD player? Try playing it on your PC - what is the result?
Please find the DVD saved on your hard disc after conversion and try to play it. Does the same problem persist?

Also attach a screenshot of your input and output video parameters, as asked for by Dam in the post#1967.

If you open your original file in the program and follow to the Edit window to preview it, do you notice the same stutter?

Best regards
06.11.09 11:05:22
To: nadin
Hello, The choppyness begins , as I import the file from my hadrdrive to avs. I open avs, then click on browse, then click file and click open ito include in the imput bar. before conversion, I then can click on the menu tab above the i,put bar and watch the file before conversion. It is choppy there, before anything is even done. If I go to my hadrdrive to watch the file it is fine. The problem seems to happen as I bring it into the avs conversion screen.... HELP !!
08.11.09 12:04:18
I get choppy video saving a 1280x720 H.264 MOV file. I've tried various settings, bit rates, etc. I tried two different computers. For the most part, it happens about once per second, but sometimes you get several seconds of smoothness.

I really like this software because it does everything I want and it is easy to use (reminds me of Windows Movie Maker) but I must have a quality output!
Administrator
09.11.09 00:23:16
To: charlie2na@roadrunner.com

Please still attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program: import your file into AVS Video Converter, choose output format, click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window.

To take a screenshot please:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (for ex. Microsoft Paint);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG or JPG format;
- attach the image file to your message.

To: PolishAndWax.com

I will send you some further instructions per e-mail shortly.

Regards
09.11.09 08:00:42
nadin:
To: charlie2na@roadrunner.com

Please still attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program: import your file into AVS Video Converter, choose output format, click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window.

To take a screenshot please:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (for ex. Microsoft Paint);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG or JPG format;
- attach the image file to your message.

I will send you some further instructions per e-mail shortly.

Regards

I received and installed the patch. I am creating a movie right now.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I uploaded two samples of choppy videos to the FTP site; one MOV and one WMV, in case you need to see examples.

Also, please commment on a small 'hack' that I implemented. I wanted a bitrate higher than 16000 kbps so I opened the xml profile and hard-coded 20000 kbps for a custom profile to attain that bitrate. Of course, if you go into the advanced section of the profile via the GUI, it resets it to 16000, but if you don't, it encodes it at 20000 kbps. This is a moot point if the choppy video problem isn't fixed, but if it does get fixed, I will be happy. :)
09.11.09 08:23:58

I created a movie after I did the patching process. Unfortunately, I think the output is even worse now (more choppy).

I am in the process of uploading the new output file to the FTP site now.
10.11.09 10:31:32
PolishAndWax.com:

I created a movie after I did the patching process. Unfortunately, I think the output is even worse now (more choppy).

I am in the process of uploading the new output file to the FTP site now.

I started a new thread on this issue. I just realized that this thread references the converter software, not the editor. My problem is with the editor. Here is a link to the new thread:

AVS Video Editor Choppy Video when source file is perfect (1280x720P 30 fps H.264 MOV)

http://forums.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=1787
Administrator
12.11.09 23:29:40

We have received output files only, please could you upload the original file as well, so that the problem could be reproduced.

PolishAndWax.com:
Also, please commment on a small 'hack' that I implemented. I wanted a bitrate higher than 16000 kbps so I opened the xml profile and hard-coded 20000 kbps for a custom profile to attain that bitrate. Of course, if you go into the advanced section of the profile via the GUI, it resets it to 16000, but if you don't, it encodes it at 20000 kbps. This is a moot point if the choppy video problem isn't fixed, but if it does get fixed, I will be happy. :)
Currently there is a limitation for bitrate settings in the program - output bitrate is limited to 16 Mb. We do not guarantee that the conversion will be done fine in case you customize the xml profile. The conversion might not even start or the output file might get created incorrectly. It is likely that the problem reported is also caused by this "hack".

Best regards
13.11.09 08:16:05
nadin:

We have received output files only, please could you upload the original file as well, so that the problem could be reproduced.

PolishAndWax.com:
Currently there is a limitation for bitrate settings in the program - output bitrate is limited to 16 Mb. We do not guarantee that the conversion will be done fine in case you customize the xml profile. The conversion might not even start or the output file might get created incorrectly. It is likely that the problem reported is also caused by this "hack".

Best regards

No, the problem is not caused by the hack. I have the reproduced the problem at every single bitrate I've tried. Also, if you had looked at the details of the files I have uploaded, you will see that they were not encoded at 20 Mbps. Most of the time, I encode at 16 Mbps.

I will upload the original file later.
15.11.09 12:55:03
One of the originals used in the video compilation has been uploaded to your FTP server.
Administrator
18.11.09 04:38:42

Thank you for the file. We have done some more testing and will send you the appropriate instruction via e-mail.

Regards
26.11.09 22:19:54
Is anyone using the AVS video editor to edit footage from the GoPro HD helmet cameras that came out in October 2009?

I have had some trouble with "sticky" videos when editing full HD (1080p) footage i.e. the finished product sticks momentarily every few seconds before continuing playing.

I have a intel quad 2400 GHz processor, 3 GB ram (but running vista) and 256 MB video card - anyone have any idea whether any of those is causing the problem, or could it be the AVS software?

Regards
Administrator
27.11.09 05:13:52
To: mike211175

I'll send a possible solution to your e-mail address. If it does not help, we'd need to know parameters of the files you are trying to edit (right-click one of them in Media Library and open Properties - make a screenshot of this window) or better send us the file itself. The uploading instruction will be sent to you as well.

Best regards
11.12.09 22:41:25
G`day, I've got a problem with Playing & editing.

recorded MP4, HD 720p or 1080p the playback in either player or editor is extremely sketchy.
Running Intel Dual Core -WIN7, 4gb RAM 1gb Graphics Card

Windows Media Player & the Apple 7 whatever it is! runs the playback great.
I went in & downloaded any avail updates etc, but it`s no different.

Any suggestions
14.12.09 02:44:10
To: Getonit

Hello,

I've sent you a possible solution in our support system. Please check my answer.

Best regards.
17.12.09 10:48:01
nadin:

Thank you for the file. We have done some more testing and will send you the appropriate instruction via e-mail.

Regards

I wanted to share on the forum here that my issue was resolved with the choppy video a while back. Here is a 720P output that I created using AVS Video Editor (smooth as can be!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvuw6YyVyPE

Listen carefully; there are three separate audio tracks near the beginning of the video (music, sound of car and narrative). Using this software, it was super-easy to do!
18.12.09 07:38:30

Cool video! Thank you for sharing it. You've joined audio tracks professionally. *SUPER*

And... awesome car!!!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  288