AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
28.02.10 18:05:24
Does AVS have any program or plans to make any program for creating images and such? I'm not a great artist or anything, but I'd like to be able to make some simple images with a few more tools and functions than paint provides. Right now I use PhotoDraw for stuff like this... PhotoDraw is a great program, but it's getting very dated and isn't compatible with a lot of the newest programs. I'd love to replace it.
Administrator
28.02.10 22:39:24
To: seateabee@gmail.com

We might consider implementing some new tools in the future version of AVS Photo Editor. If you could provide a list of the functions you would like to be added, that would help our developers. We give consideration to every suggestion received from our users.

Regards
Experienced User
01.03.10 07:32:24
To: nadin

Well, here are the basics of what I'd like:

First, the ability to start with a blank slate... just an empty picture that I add to.

Second, the ability to add multiple photos onto the blank slate.

Third, the ability to add text and shapes.
Administrator
01.03.10 23:52:45

Thank you for the comments!
Experienced User
02.03.10 06:58:54
To: nadin

I'm going try and take a look at the Cover Editor, but based on the little I've seen so far, this program might have some of the features I'm looking for. Not that I'm trying to tell AVS how to make software :-), but it might make more sense to expand this program rather than trying to put the features into Image Editor.
Administrator
02.03.10 23:03:56

Basically AVS Cover Editor is intended for creating covers for various disc types and we are not planning to add any additional functionality into this program in the near future. As opposed to AVS Cover Editor, we consider AVS Photo Editor as a perspective area of development and want to improve this program considerably.
Experienced User
04.03.10 07:14:23
nadin:

Basically AVS Cover Editor is intended for creating covers for various disc types and we are not planning to add any additional functionality into this program in the near future. As opposed to AVS Cover Editor, we consider AVS Photo Editor as a perspective area of development and want to improve this program considerably.

Understood.

For what it's work, Cover Editor has much of the functionality I'd like to see put into Photo Editor. I can start with a blank slate with that program. I can add in pictures... I can add in shapes... I can add in text. If these basics showed up, that would go a LONG way to getting to what I would consider the ideal graphic program.
Experienced User
22.02.10 09:05:02
Howdy all...

I'm a newbie AVS software user. Came across their software recently looking for a better movie maker than MS Movie Maker. Video Editor is a great program. I'm still learning how to use it, but so far I'm very happy with what I've been able to do.

When I get some more time I'm going to take a long look at Photo Editor. I've been looking for a long time to find a good product to replace MS PhotoDraw. I absolutely loved PhotoDraw. For me it was the perfect mix of functionality and easy of use. It was no where near as powerful as PhotoShop, but it still did the far majority of tasks I needed done, and was SO much easier to use than PhotoShop. Unfortunately PhotoDraw has long since been discontinued, and I have yet to find a replacement that works well for me.

Here's the greatest need I have:

I want to take a 8.5 x 11 size blank canvas and import some number of pictures on to it. I'll then will modify/edit/crop/whatever the individual pictures and arrange them on the canvas, and then print said pictures. My wife does a lot of scrap booking and this is an easy way to get the right size and crops that she wants for her pics.

Anyone know if this is something that can be done with Photo Editor? Anyone who is a regular user of Photo Editor also have experience with PhotoDraw? How would you compare the two programs?

Thanks much!

Chris
Administrator
25.02.10 04:18:22
seateabee@gmail.com:
I want to take a 8.5 x 11 size blank canvas and import some number of pictures on to it. I'll then will modify/edit/crop/whatever the individual pictures and arrange them on the canvas, and then print said pictures.
This cannot be done in the current version, as it allows you to edit only one single picture at a time. However, such tools will be most likely offered in the next version which will undergo sugnificant changes.

Kind regards
10.08.11 07:32:05
I am having trouble saving the converted pic and in the AVS program, the pic is actually tilted and I can not straighten it out. Anyone have any suggestions ?
Thanks !
12.08.11 00:59:04
To: badge24

Hello,

Infortunately, there is no such option which would allow to change degree of a photo. I can only suggest you try rotating the pic, see Rotate option in AVS Image Converter.

Best regards.
31.05.12 03:28:23
Will there be a plan of adding different functions to change or edit photos in the future?
Lex
Administrator
31.05.12 07:11:01
To: klauzser

Hello,

If you want to edit images try to use AVS Photo Editor:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSPhotoEditor.exe

Best regards.
12.02.10 14:35:30
I am having issues with copying part of an image then applying that portion of the photo to the same photo, basically applying multiple copies. I did this once by pure mistake and I cannot repeat it.
Administrator
14.02.10 22:53:04
To: psp.pgillenw@gmail.com

This can be done using Retouch. Please follow this link to get the detailed information.

Regards
05.05.16 18:49:38
I was using another video editing program up to about 2years ago, now defunct, but it had one very useful tool one would use to set a duration for ALL the images at once to fit the duration of audio, one needed only to check the box to set all images to the same duration which would exceed the duration of audio after with the duration of all images could be reduced step by step to exactly that of the audio! although I'm very happy with AVS Video Editor, I cannot find this tool, so I suppose it hasn't got it. To adjust the duration of only a few images individually is fine, but if there are very many then it becomes a mission to say the least, unless I'm missing something:) Many thanks. . . .
Nat
06.05.16 10:24:13
To: Jood2408

Dear user,

Thank you for suggestion.

Unfortunately for now this tool is not available. I will pass your suggestion over to our developers team.

You can set the duration of all image files before creating the project: press the Edit button on the top toolbar of AVS Video Editor - choose Settings - Edit tab and select the duration.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  1  Luisa Gomez
Guests:  484