AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
14.12.09 03:05:05
Hello,

I have several files that are continous recordings of programmes I had from Sky. These were recorded by simply playing back and using software to record that playback. I made the mistake of making huge files. Several hours of playback made up of mainly one hour shows.
I now want to split these files into smaller managable files.
I have tried using video remaker to 'split' the video. It seems not to work?
Is there a limit on file size? Can I split it into smaller (though still large) files? OR how do I simply split the video into say 1 hour sections?

I note that the support how to web page states how to do this easily, HOWEVER the version or remaker seeme to be very different. Despite my having updates. I only purchased AVS recently.
Help?
Thanks
Peter
14.12.09 03:41:18
To: Peter88

Hello Peter,

Yes, you can devide your long file into smaller ones with AVS Video ReMaker easily. For it you should split this file into clips on Timeline using Split button and check the option "Save each clip to a new file" option for saving resilted video, see the screenshot attached.

Please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video ReMaker 3.1.1.83, which can be downloaded from this link.

Best regards.
Attached files:
14.12.09 07:44:51
Thank you.

It seems I did not have the latest software? Which is odd since I tried using 'update' before asking for help.
AVS4u software navigator not download the latest versions?

Is there a means of splitting by auotmatically defined time periods? Such as with creating chapters?

Thanks
Peter
15.12.09 03:10:36
To: Peter88

Peter,

I'm not sure why the updates were not working. Perhaps, you had old version of AVS Software Navigator. We are sorry for the inconvenience occurred. If you install the latest version of AVS Video ReMaker, AVS Software Navigator will be also updated.

Unfortunately, there is no option to split video by defined time period in new AVS Video ReMaker, you should split clips on Timeline.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  199