AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.05.09 09:00:28
I have just purchased AVS Video Converter and after a day trying to use it at am the end of my tether - although it is probably me being a complete non techie rather than the product ! For tech info, The dvd writer is build into my pc and is shownr as " TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S182M ". The discs are Imation DVD=RW 120 min 4.7Gb 4X.

I have 10 x 50 minute episodes of .avi that I want to play on a standard DVD player ( well, multiple dvd players ).
I am having a number of problems :

The first is that the conversion for each episode is taking longer than the length of the .avi file : around 1 hour 5 minutes average - is this normal ?

I though I could get two epsiodes on each disc but for some reason it will only take one ?

Once it has eventually taken one, they wont play back in the dvd player - all I get is the title opener.

Can anyone help please ?
Administrator
14.05.09 03:29:26
maria b:
The first is that the conversion for each episode is taking longer than the length of the .avi file : around 1 hour 5 minutes average - is this normal ?
The conversion speed depends on such factors, as size and quality of your input file, which preset you select when converting the file, if there are any programs running parallel to AVS Video Converter, your PC configuration a.o. Under some circumstances it is normal that conversion process takes quite a long period of time.

maria b:
I though I could get two epsiodes on each disc but for some reason it will only take one ?

Once it has eventually taken one, they wont play back in the dvd player - all I get is the title opener.

Please describe your actions when converting the file. Have you imported two files into the program (using the "+" button)? Have you created a DVD menu for your movie in AVS Video Converter? Please follow this link to our User Guide providing more information on how to create a menu for your DVD video.

Best regards
16.03.13 13:55:26
To: maria b

Hi Maria, it would also help if you can post your PC specifications here.
07.05.13 05:18:12
I recently purchased AVS Video Converter (based upon a review of top 10 video converters) but am appalled at its speed of conversion. I am currently converting a 600 mb AVI file to MP4 which also includes hard coding subtitles (.srt file) into the video. 1.5 hours have passed and as per the software will need 5 hours more. I did the exact same conversion using other Video Converter and it took a little less than 25 minutes.

Why is AVS so much slower? I have a large number of AVI and MOV files which I need to convert to MP4 since my DLNA device plays only MP4 but at this rate it will take me forever to convert.

Are there any setting changes I need to do to make it faster? I am using the latest version 8.3.

Thanks in advance

Vivek
Nat
15.05.13 11:11:24
To: bevivek

Dear Vivek,

Conversion is a rather complicated process and it depends on many factors such as size and quality of your input file, its origin and where it is located, which preset and settings you select for convertion, if there are any programs running together with AVS Video Converter, your PC configuration a.o. Under some circumstances it is normal that conversion process takes quite a long period of time.
At the beginning of conversion the duration may be detected not correctly you may need to wait for a while.

Besides it is possible to change the conversio priority - see the screenshot attached.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Attached files:
07.07.13 00:34:06
When I was using the video converter as a trail, everything worked fine. After I registered and paid for the product, the conversion seems to work OK (tp to avi) but the video now plays at about 1 /4 the speed of the original. I don't have that problem after converting to a smaller format (mp4), why?

I have a pretty good understanding of how these things work so the technical aspects are not totally foreign to me, but this one is. Help please.
07.07.13 00:35:43
To: rcmurbella7@gmail.com
I should have added that it is the converted AVI that plays slow (and a spelling mistake trial rather than trail).
07.07.13 07:06:45
I have just experienced similar problems with the converted movies in AVI and MP4 they start normal but when you get to about 15 minutes in it starts stuttering or the picture will just freeze, The sound track goes on as Normal.
This has only just started as before that it was perfect.
If any one has any idea how to fix this it would be appreciated.
Nat
08.07.13 07:20:50
To: dycampbell2003@yahoo.co.uk

Dear user,

You have been answered in AVS Suppport System.

Please try to follow the recomendations given and inform about the result.

Kind regards
17.12.13 06:04:57
my system is windows7 home premium 64 bit laptop---my question is ---- when putting key in it says ok but speed is very very slow converting ---do I need 32 bit to make it work.
Have activated it after reinstalling many times, never get it up to speed
Nat
17.12.13 07:40:43
To: keviny6

Dear user,

Conversion is a rather complicated process and it depends on many factors such as size and quality of your input file, its origin and where it is located, which preset and settings you select for convertion, if there are any programs running together with AVS Video Converter, your PC configuration a.o. Under some circumstances it is normal that conversion process takes quite a long period of time.
At the beginning of conversion the duration may be detected not correctly you may need to wait for a while.

Besides it is possible to change the conversion priority - see the screenshot attached.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Attached files:
19.01.14 18:00:07
I have created a file with Video Editor 6 and the file has audio but not video. Additionally, when I drop media files onto the video bar, the file's length terminates at the point where one must scroll past the bar to get to the full view of the timeline. I have to drag the "end" of the file past the scrolling point. Also I am confused by the green and red wriggling little lines on the file when it is the timeline. What does this mean? All in all I prefer version 4 to version 6. Anybody know where I can find it?
Nat
20.01.14 07:27:37
To: Sefiros2211

Dear user,
In answer to your questions:

Sefiros2211:
I have created a file with Video Editor 6 and the file has audio but not video

Please specify where you playback the file, your player might not have codecs necessary to playback the file.
Can you playback the file using AVS Media Player?

Sefiros2211:
when I drop media files onto the video bar, the file's length terminates at the point where one must scroll past the bar to get to the full view of the timeline

Please specify if the video timeline in zoomed in, if so please press the button "Zoom to fit" - see the screenshot attached.

Sefiros2211:
Also I am confused by the green and red wriggling little lines on the file when it is the timeline

Green and red lines show the audio level of the file, it it is green - it is not active, if red - it is active and can be changed (made lowder or quiter).

Sefiros2211:
All in all I prefer version 4 to version 6

We do not recommend you to use the previous versions of the software, in the latest versions many bugs have been fixed and many new options added.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Attached files:
1078.15 KB
15.02.17 19:10:12
Salve,ho la licenza però comprando un nuovo PC adesso non riesco ad attivare il programma ? Come faccio ? non mi risponde nessuno.Ho mandato email ma nessuna risposta ,continuano a mandarmi codice del attivazione ma non me lo fa attivare.Esce registrazione fallita.Qualcuno mi può aiutare per favore
Administrator
17.02.17 10:02:24
To: radka_angelova60@abv.bg

Buongirono, la Sua richiesta è stata risposta nel sistema di supporto online http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx.
25.02.17 09:38:27
It can be due to your PC system hardware. Can you please provide us your system information? Thanks! ;-)
19.07.17 14:02:13
Yes It always depend on the hardware the thing is that I also use some other video-editing applications earlier from the past year and I got the same issue because basically I am currently using a low-specs of system. As Mention by Nat, conversion is kindly complicated and it really depends on the quality and size of the file, Good side is that this software will not eat a lot of resources on your computer.

Kindly regards
29.07.18 17:28:32
conversion speed is two slow try on different platform and machine with different settings apply, but no succeed. also try to change priority to high but there is no change in rendering speed.
Developer
30.07.18 08:41:11
To: Creative Tech

Please check these options:
Settings -> Acceleration -> Intel Media decoder
Type = Auto
Mode = Preview and conversion
16.08.18 13:25:21

Pros/
Easy to learn, with a robust library of video guides and tutorials
Supports an impressive range of formats for video files

Cons
Only one video track is supported
Lacks most of the high-end, trendy, or innovative specialty features found in competing products
Online:
Users:  1  Helga
Guests:  301