AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.11.09 14:35:39
I’m trying to author a DVD of pictures that were scanned and imported into Microsoft PhotoStory 3, which creates a WiMV file, which I import into the AVS DVD Authoring software. I'm creating individual WMV files for each song, and importing them individually - about 20 songs with pictures. The movie files view perfectly in PhotoStory preview, then view perfectly in Windows Media Player, they even view perfectly in the AVS DVD Authoriing preview pane. But after burning the DVD and viewing it, black frames show up in pictures. The music isn’t distorted, it’s just a black frame that shows up for a second, returns to the picture, and then the DVD continues. I just upgraded to AVS DVD Authoring 1.3.3.46 - same result. I'm using the standard play option on the burn settings. The total DVD length is about one hour 20 minutes. This happens on about 3 images.

Help.

Kent
Administrator
06.11.09 01:50:10
To: kmelt@sbcglobal.net

Probably you could send us one of such WMV files, so that we could test the program on this file. Check up the support page for the instruction. Or you can try using AVS Slideshow Maker and import your images directly into this program, add audio tracks, create a menu for your DVD and burn the disc. This would be an easier way to author the disc, I guess.

Regards
10.11.09 12:03:29
The file has been uploaded to the FTP website.
Administrator
12.11.09 22:44:40
To: kmelt@sbcglobal.net

Thank you for the file. We have tested it, but the problem was not reproduced straight away, so we'd need some additional information.

kmelt@sbcglob...:
But after burning the DVD and viewing it, black frames show up in pictures.
Is the problem noticed when you play the disc on your PC, in a DVD player or both? What if you play the DVD saved on your hard disc after build - is the same problem noticed?

Describe your actions in more detail when creating the menu: which chapters were set, which output settings were chosen exactly.

Also note that you can try using AVS Slideshow Maker in order to create a slideshow. Probably you will find this program useful, as you can import your pictures directly into the editor, add transitions, create DVD menu and burn the movie. This way the quality of the pictures must also be better.

Best regards
18.11.09 08:45:39
To: nadin

Initially, I burned DVD's and noticed these black frames while viewing the DVDs. Thinking the problem might be in the burning software, I viewed the file directly from the VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive. The black frames show up when viewing from this folder, so in my mind, this eliminated the burning software.

The project basically consists of 24 songs that have pictures added to them via the PhotoStory software. This software creates WMV files. The individual WMV files were imported into the AVS DVD Authoring software. This software creates a chapter at each song. I deleted certain chapters to reduce the total number of chapters to 9 so all chapters would fit on one page. I tried creating VIDEO_TS and AUDIO-TS files with the AVS software using good quality, standard play and long play settings. All resulted in the same black images. All attempts were set to the 4:3 aspect and DVD NTSC. I was able to narrow it down to certain songs, so I would try to work with them in Photostory, import them in AVS DVD Authoring, and that process would involve removing certain video files and reimporting basically the same video file, but with a new file name that had been saved in Photostory. I was able to resolve some of these black images by selecting a different photo in Photostory and re-importing the WMV file into AVS, but this did not resolve all the black images.

I could use the AVS Slideshow Maker, but I really like Photostory's ability to pan and zoom on each individual photo.

Kent
Administrator
19.11.09 04:12:36
kmelt@sbcglobal.net:
I was able to narrow it down to certain songs,
Is the file (the song) you have sent the problem one? If you take just this one file, import it into AVS DVD Authoring and save to DVD, do you notice back frames when viewing the result? The fact is, we have tested this file once again following the steps you have provided, but the result was fine. Probably the problem occurs when you import another file or when multiple files are combined?

In the latter case could you please send us the other problem files also.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  88