AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
12.11.09 07:17:17
Finally bought a new PC ( 3.0 Ghz) to quicken some of my DVD - Video editor sessions quicker. I haven't actually started it up yet; due to my enthusiasm to get started I must have typed my new PC password wrong - so I haven't gotten it started. I tried all kinds of misspellings to get in, but I can't find the right one.
I don't want to reformat & reinstall all the software so I downloaded a file that is supposed to get me past the password issue ( PCLogin NOw).

So I downloaded AVS DiscCreator to make a CD to boot my new pC. I've tried 3 Cd's to try to get this to work, but it's not booting.
The file that I need on the CD is an .ISO file - is that a problem ? my old PC shows me that it's on the disc. The instructions with this file say that it is "actually a bootable live CD file" ( Sourceforge.net) . Does that mean that if I burn this to CD it is by itself "bootable" ? I have always checked off the "bootable" box in AVS DiscCreator. I draggd the file from my HDD location into the right hand large box section as directed in Disk Creator.

I assume this is a DATA DISK ?

I have "show hidden files" viewable in my system, but I don't see any Atoexecl.bat or config.sys etc. files on these disks - should I ?

Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong ?
Thanks Don
12.11.09 09:50:18
I've been reading more about ISO files/images and burning them. Also noticed the word ISO on the DiskCreator icon for "Image files" so tried burning that to CD ( broke out the box of CD/RW's ). That put several files & folders on the disk.

Actually now I'm downloading a different password recovery tool that has better reviews. Tehn I'll try the "Image files" burning with that ISO file. We'll see how it goes.
12.11.09 17:24:22
I got it !!!! Used DiskCreator ( Used the "Image files" area to create the ISO disk). It created the CD fine and verified. I installed - Linux came up on my new PC. Well, I had to go to three different password retrievers before one worked. It took me several hours to try, rewrite new disks, etc. but it finally worked. Now I will look into moving my AVS programs from the old PC to the new. I'll look through the forum, but if you have a clear path to how to do it, let me know..

Thanks Don
Administrator
12.11.09 21:58:07
Donbo:
I got it !!!! Used DiskCreator ( Used the "Image files" area to create the ISO disk). It created the CD fine and verified. I installed - Linux came up on my new PC. Well, I had to go to three different password retrievers before one worked. It took me several hours to try, rewrite new disks, etc. but it finally worked.
Congratulations! That's great you have managed to resolve this problem! :-)

Donbo:
Now I will look into moving my AVS programs from the old PC to the new. I'll look through the forum, but if you have a clear path to how to do it, let me know..
You can download the programs anew from our website and install them. Note, I will shortly send you some additional information privatly on the support page. Please take your time to become familiar with it.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  126