AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.10.09 01:14:12
I converted an avi file to vob. I have used the AVS video converter software and the AVS disk creator to burn to my DVD+R disk. I am able to play on my DVD player attached to my TV however when I put the disk in my computer and try to play with a DVD program on my desktop there are no files on the disk. I have already wasted several disks, but I bought 100 just for the trial and error procedure. I have downloaded the DVD authoring program and will try to use that next go round. Do you have any idea what might be causing this? I went into my computer and pulled up E: and changed to view dvd files and it says there is nothing there. I'm running window's xp.
Administrator
26.10.09 03:39:40
r3divory:
I am able to play on my DVD player attached to my TV

If the disc is played in your DVD player, but you cannot open it on your PC, there must be a problem with your DVD-ROM. Are you able to view contents of other DVD movies?

Regards
26.10.09 18:23:59
To: nadin

yes I can put in other burned dvd's and it will play, also any other dvd that I have. I found some DVD+RW disks that I had, figure I would try to burn on those since they are rewritable I'll save a few dollars *L*. I haven't tried anymore burning, I'm making some changes on my PC. I just added 2 gig of ram so I'm hoping that the speed of conversion will be faster.
Administrator
28.10.09 04:54:08
To: r3divory

Have you burnt the discs and tried to open them on the same PC with Win XP installed? Or do you burn them on the first PC and move them to another one for viewing?

Please try opening them on another computer. If they do open, there must be some hardware problems.

Regards
03.11.09 08:29:35
using Home XP with Disc creater to burn folders of photos onto DVD-RW . Can view OK on the PC but wrong format ( if I format the disc in the recorder then try again with Creat a disc it still shows unreadable wrong format on the Panasonic Combi recorder.
Have tried every burn setting variation available with the same result . I can confirm DVD-RW is listed as ok on the recorder Surly this is a very simple and common fault and the solution I hope is easly
I can confirm this operation works perfectly well on a CD-R but what I want to do is put a full holiday on one disc

Mel
Administrator
05.11.09 05:35:30
To: mb.charman@ntlwold.com

Try placing all your images to the root directory on the disc, do not save them in folders.
If this does not help, please specify the exact model of your recorder/player.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  315