AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.10.09 12:40:10
Hi, I am using Flash Media server to stream FLV video.

However, I am finding that the files which I converted using AVS Video Converter are not streaming correctly. This is what I read from Adobe:

Flash Media Server supports playback and recording of H.264-encoded video and HE-AAC-encoded audio within an MPEG-4–based container format. A subset of the MPEG-4 standards are supported. All MP4 files and Adobe F4V files are part of the supported subset.
Third-party tools are available to create and modify FLV files, but some of the tools create files that do not comply with the FLV standard. 

they recommend checking files using FLVCheck: FLVhttp://www.brothersoft.com/adobe-flvcheck-tool-59747.html.

The FLVCheck tool can be used to analyze FLV files before they are deployed on Flash Media Server. ... Note: The FLVCheck tool does not correct FLV file content corruption.

So I ran FLVCheck and found that the files created by AVS have problems.

Anyone else come across this problem? Is AVS creating invalid FLV?
Administrator
09.10.09 00:37:29
To: jephperro

This problem has been corrected.

Please save the file attached to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX
If you are asked whether you would like to overwrite the existing .dll, click on Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register the .dll:
1. Close AVS Video Converter and all other running programs and applications.
2. Next follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

Please inform us about the results
Attached files:
13.10.09 09:40:17
To: nadin

After replacing the dll file, the videos I converted pass the FLVCheck and stream correctly.

I am using a recent version of AVS Video Converter, v6.3.2.370

Will you include this change in an upcoming build?

Thanks
Administrator
13.10.09 23:02:16
jephperro:
Will you include this change in an upcoming build?
Yes, we will.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  483