AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
23.09.09 12:43:24
Hi,

I just purchased the avs video 4.2.1.166 program. I tried out the free software originally and thought it might be possible for me to learn how to make DVD's with it. Right now I am trying to make one with photos and music.

But I can't seem to grasp what must be some of the basics.

1. I try to insert text into a photo. I get it in ONE photo, but when I try to do another, my text from the one photo ends up in the new photo I want to place text into. How do I put text in multiple places where I want it to go? Do I erase the word text first and then say "add text?" How do I adjust the size of the font and the type of font?

2. How do I put notes or comments in between frames?

3. If, after placing a lot of photos, I discover I want to place some in the beginning, how do I do that?

4. I added music and it sounds jerky. When I play the same music on Windows Media Player, it sounds fine. How do I fix this?

5. Is there a way to make all of the frames the same length?

6. Last question for today: Why did my program freeze up and after I restarted my computer and started the program again, why is either very slow or non responsive? I tried deleting some pictures, but it didn't seem to help.

Also, I got several programs in the package I purchased for $59, but I don't know what they do or if they can help with any of the above problems with the video editor.
Administrator
25.09.09 02:58:04
mossie:
1. I try to insert text into a photo. I get it in ONE photo, but when I try to do another, my text from the one photo ends up in the new photo I want to place text into. How do I put text in multiple places where I want it to go? Do I erase the word text first and then say "add text?" How do I adjust the size of the font and the type of font?
After a text effect is applied, you need to adjust its duration by dragging effect boundaries on the timeline right or left. Add new text effect for every image and edit each one by using right-click > Edit. Here double-click on Text in the text box to type in your own text. For more information on text editing options, follow this link.

mossie:
2. How do I put notes or comments in between frames?
You can add color between the frames and apply text. Please see the screenshot attached for an example of how this can be done.

mossie:
3. If, after placing a lot of photos, I discover I want to place some in the beginning, how do I do that?
Just frag and drop the new image to the beginning of the timeline.

mossie:
4. I added music and it sounds jerky. When I play the same music on Windows Media Player, it sounds fine. How do I fix this?
Does it sound jerky when your preview the file in media library of AVS Video Editor / when the file is placed on the timeline and edited / after you save the project as a movie?

mossie:
5. Is there a way to make all of the frames the same length?
You can set default duration of images before they are added onto the timeline. For that, follow to Edit in main menu > Settings. Open Edit tab and set the duration in the Image/Color field. After that every new image you add to the timeline will have the same pre-determined duration. As for changing duration of the images already added, you need to right-click each of them, open Duration window and type in the required value.

mossie:
Why did my program freeze up and after I restarted my computer and started the program again, why is either very slow or non responsive? I tried deleting some pictures, but it didn't seem to help.
Which actions did you perform before the program started to freeze? Maybe you imported any files which cause the problem or used any particular functions? Could you describe your actions step by step, please.

mossie:
Also, I got several programs in the package I purchased for $59, but I don't know what they do or if they can help with any of the above problems with the video editor.
You can learn more about AVS programs using our Online Help sections: http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/index.aspx

Best regards
Attached files:
105.27 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  105