AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.09.09 08:54:34
iPhone 3GS with v3.1 Movies - How to convert and play?

I have an iPhone 3GS that can create movies in the format of Quicktime.mov. I also have a camera that can create Quicktime.mov files. I would think then new Nano will create Quicktime.mov files too.

This latest update of v3.1 of the system software for the iPhone will allow me to play my Quicktime.mov movies in the photo app. Any movie that I have created on the iPhone 3GS will now appear in this app, and it works great.

I tried moving one of the files from the camera to the iPhone but iTunes v9.0 will not let me. It says that my iPhone does not support the format for the files created on the camera.

So I thought AVS Video Converter would solve this problem….. Right? *SUPER*

So I tried this simple test:
I imported “FILEA.MOV” into AVS Video Converter, this file was created on the iPhone 3GS to see the setup of the file and created a “Custom profile” matching the input and output. I set an output file as “FILEB.MOV. I then pressed the “Convert Now” button and converted “FILEA.MOV” to “FILEB.MOV”.

I then tried to move this “FILEB.MOV to my iPhone but it says it does not support this file format.=-O I would have thought that both files should play on my iPhone 3GS.

I want to use AVS Video converter to convert my Quicktime.mov files from the camera to the correct Quicktime.mov format for the iPhone.

If you have an iPhone 3GS you can recreate this very easily .

Please help me…

Clay*SOS*
14.09.09 01:14:58
I had a chance to work on this yesterday and figured it out…
This is what I did:
1. Bring up “AVS Video Converter”
2. Select “To MOV” Icon
3. Select the profile “Apple TV – Best Quality – (H.264, Original;MP2/4 (ACC),320 kbps)”
4. Select “Edit Profile” button
5. Modify it to match the profile attached to this message and then save it with the name you wish. I called mine “iPhone Photo 640 x 480”
6. Use this profile for all the conversions and the movies will show up in the “Photo App”.

I now can view movies that were created many trips before on my iPhone from my camera and other cameras too…
Hope this helps….:-)
Attached files:
Support Manager
16.09.09 07:56:54
To: Clay

Hi Clay,
Clay:
I imported “FILEA.MOV” into AVS Video Converter, this file was created on the iPhone 3GS to see the setup of the file and created a “Custom profile” matching the input and output

*SUPER*

But why don't you just use profile for iPhone/iTouch (same settings for all generations of iPhones/iTouches)
The profile is under mp4 bookmark.
p.s. optimal size is not 640x480 (I'd recommend 640x420)
17.09.09 04:21:53
To: cotoPeC

Thank you for your reply and help....

When I select "To MOV" there is no option for iPhone/iTouch. So this is why I created one. The Photo app on the iPhone will allow you to play movies as well as view photos... These quicktime movies are file.MOV not file.M4V to play in the Photo app.

I did not understand where to find this "mp4 bookmark"?

I will try your suggestion of 640x420.*OK*

Tks...

Clay
Support Manager
17.09.09 07:32:42
To: Clay

Now the whole situation is clear for me ))
I hope it will be easier soon, new preset or anything else.
That's the question of time.
The fact is that there is a problem even with uploading to the device with the firmware 3.x version.
I hope the problem will be resolved soon (We(who had firmware 3.0 and higher) are forced to use VC for conversioin and then iTunes for uploading)
21.09.09 11:27:08
As a footnote:

This custom profile works on the iPhone 3GS not on the iPhone 3G!!!
This will also work on the new iTouch 3G too...

and using a screen size of 640 x 480 seems to work the best.

But I have tried all the profiles and none will work with the iPhone 3G

Anyone have any ideas???*SOS*

Clay
Support Manager
22.09.09 01:17:27
Clay:

This custom profile works on the iPhone 3GS not on the iPhone 3G!!!

are both upgraded to 3.1?

3.1 allows you to save your videos from camera, mail and mms to the PtotoApp, but AVS Video Converter doesn't have such preset in .mov at this moment.
(a question of time, I hope)

At this moment AVS Video Converter creates m4v for playing in iPod application of your iPhone or iTouch only (suppported by 2.x and 3.x firmwares both)

23.09.09 00:38:53
cotoPeC:
are both upgraded to 3.1?

3.1 allows you to save your videos from camera, mail and mms to the PtotoApp, but AVS Video Converter doesn't have such preset in .mov at this moment.
(a question of time, I hope)

At this moment AVS Video Converter creates m4v for playing in iPod application of your iPhone or iTouch only (suppported by 2.x and 3.x firmwares both)

Yes both iPhones are updated to v3.1. I am running iTunes v9.0.1 and it will sync the videos from my camera files to the 3GS but not to the 3G. This is after I have run them thru AVS converter.

When I create a Movie on the 3GS it is created as a *.MOV file that the Photo app will play.

You are right AVS needs to address this and add to the "To Mov" a preset for the iPhone 3GS and 3G.

Clay
Online:
Users:  1  Joshka
Guests:  524