AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.08.09 00:06:35
to nadin

I’ve been using the AVS4YOU Software Navigator to launch my various AVS applications.
I have my hard-drive partitioned and keep old versions in one drive and when I upgrade I save the newest version in another drive.

I’m not sure if the navigator launches the new version or is still launching the old version. Both versions show the same copyright date on the title page ( 2008) and have the same version # in the “about Avs Audio Editor” section. ???

If I upgrade to the new version and save in the same drive, will the old version be deleted ?
If not, is it safe to “uninstall” the old version ? I always wondered if my license info or some other special identifier was imbedded in the old versions. ????

I see AVS Update Manager on one of my drives but not the other. I think I have at least 3 vers. Of video editor – I’m hoping to save some drive space by uninstalling a couple.
Administrator
11.08.09 04:27:19
Donbo:
I’m not sure if the navigator launches the new version or is still launching the old version.
AVS Software Navigator checks up availability of AVS programs in C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU. So AVS Update Manager updates the software installed to this directory.

Donbo:
If I upgrade to the new version and save in the same drive, will the old version be deleted ?
The old version will be overwritten with the new one, however, licence information will remain untouched, so you will not need to re-register the software.

Basically, we'd recommend not to keep the previous versions of the software on your PC, as they might affect functionality of the newest programs. With the updates bugs get corrected, so that'd be better to uninstall the previous versions completely and use the latest ones.

Best regards
31.10.09 02:01:11
When I installed all the available updates two days ago, they caused the Video Editor to publish videos with skipped frames every few seconds. I used a System Restore Point, to get the old versions back and the published videos are fine again. I was editing AVC 720p into MPEG4 (Divx/Xvid compatible) 720p. What part of the updates might have caused this?

On another issue, I recently tried the AVC capture feature on HDV video from a camcorder. It worked very well and the capturing preview window is the largest, sharpest and smoothest-running I've found in any of the other editing programs I've tried. The AVS Editor accepted the captured files, but when I capture using the Sony PMB program, even though it converts them to the same m2t files, the AVS Editor won't accept them.

For more than 3 months, I did not have the problem of getting the pop-up saying that Quicktime CoDec is not installed. Then, two days ago, it happened twice again. Has an update fixed this problem? After my experience with flawed published videos after the updates, I'm reluctant to install them again.

Steve McDonald
Administrator
03.11.09 00:06:12
To: Steve McDonald

We'd recommend uninstalling the software completely from your PC. Without keeping the previous versions please install the newest software and check up whether the same problems persist. Instructions below:

1. Go Start> All Programs> AVS4YOU> Uninstall.

2. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click Ok. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:)> Documents and Settings> All Users>>Application Data>AVS4YOU (delete it).

New programs can be downloaded from here.

Steve McDonald:
they caused the Video Editor to publish videos with skipped frames every few seconds.

Steve McDonald:
when I capture using the Sony PMB program, even though it converts them to the same m2t files, the AVS Editor won't accept them.

Steve McDonald:
I did not have the problem of getting the pop-up saying that Quicktime CoDec is not installed. Then, two days ago, it happened twice again.

In case any of these problems persist, please send us your original file(s) for testing (files which cause the problem/error). For the instruction check up the support page.

Best regards
09.10.09 14:12:40
Is there an automated way for me to know when you update any of your software?*SOS*

Thank you...

Clay
Administrator
12.10.09 00:21:08
To: Clay

You can update the programs following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager.

As for the major updates or releases, we usually send newsletters to our customers containing links and basic information. Apart from that, the news are posted here on the forum under News/Announcements section.

Best regards
12.10.09 01:10:06
nadin:
You can update the programs following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager.
Thank you on this ... I did not know this... and it works great...*OK*

nadin:
As for the major updates or releases, we usually send newsletters to our customers containing links and basic information. Apart from that, the news are posted here on the forum under News/Announcements section.

How do I know I am subscribed to your newsletter? or is it by serial #?

Thank you...

Clay
Administrator
12.10.09 01:19:58
Clay:

They are sent to e-mail addresses used by our customers upon purchase.
12.10.09 02:15:14
nadin:
Clay:

They are sent to e-mail addresses used by our customers upon purchase.

Tks....
23.10.09 11:20:35
I just ran the update program and it told me that there is a new version of the "Video Converter" v6.3.3.371.*DANCE*

Is there a "Read me" to show what has changed? or updated? or added?

How would I know that this program was updated?

I had hoped to see an email when any program was updated...:-(

Please help me understand ...*SOS*

Thank you...

Clay
Administrator
26.10.09 01:23:59
Clay:
I had hoped to see an email when any program was updated...

Newsletters are sent only when major updates or new AVS programs become available on our website. For minor updates, you can run AVS Update Manager just the way you did.

Regards
26.10.09 02:17:05
nadin:
Clay:
I had hoped to see an email when any program was updated...

Newsletters are sent only when major updates or new AVS programs become available on our website. For minor updates, you can run AVS Update Manager just the way you did.

Regards

If I understand this correctly, there is NOT an "Automatic" way to know when there is any updates from AVS.:-(

How do I know what this minor update is? Is there a "Read Me" to describe this "Minor" update?@=

Thank you for your time... and I will now get off my Tree stump...*SORRY*

Clay
Administrator
26.10.09 03:49:14
Clay:
If I understand this correctly, there is NOT an "Automatic" way to know when there is any updates from AVS
Thru AVS Update Manager only.

Clay:
How do I know what this minor update is? Is there a "Read Me" to describe this "Minor" update?
Major update involves significant functional changes taking place in a particular program, for ex, we sent newsletters about the update from v. 6.2 to 6.3 of AVS Video Converter due to the fact that to BluRay conversion and other new functions have been developed. We do not send newsletters in case there are no sugnificant changes, if only some bugs get corrected.

Hope now everything is clear to you...
03.03.18 22:53:46
After running Audio Editor for several years, without issue I cannot open program. As it attempts to open it fails with "Runtime error" "Abnormal program termination". I've removed and replaced program once and followed previously suggested fixes but it continues to fail. Any new suggestion for startup error.
Nat
07.03.18 08:41:50
To: ddunt

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely reinstall AVS4YOU software following the instructions below:

1. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

2. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Please inform about the result.

Best regards.
05.04.18 22:09:53
I have been using AVS forever. For the last year or so it will not let me install updates. Checks and then says to restart the computer. I have tried it with the antivirus off. What's the fix?
Thanks!
05.04.18 22:45:01
To: TheNorm

Ooopsie! Just followed your directions. Deleted and uploaded again. El perfecto! Thanks!!!
Norm
Nat
09.04.18 07:02:19
To: TheNorm

Dear Norm,

Thank you for the information.

We are glad the issue is resolved.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  179